No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about John Longmire and coach of the year Leather Poisoning and it made me chuckle because when they were 0-6 it was because of all the players that were missing - we heard it again and again, so I really don't see what he's actually done to warrant the award.
He told Josh Kennedy to play really good football.

Funny, these things have been said about Hawthorn too when we recruited hale, Lake, Burgoyne, etc

Not sure you could label Lake a mercenary seeing as he took a $200k a year pay cut. :) I don't know about Hale's circumstances, but issue involving Burgoyne's brother Peter made it impossible for Shaun to continue with Port Adelaide. He needed to leave Adelaide for Melbourne and chose Hawthorn because he felt comfortable with former Power personnel at the Hawks, especially Clarko. We didn't chase Burgoyne, he chased us.

I'm watching the Richmond v St.Kilda game, and they cross to the Essendon game to show poor old Timmy Watson celebrating making the finals. The comments were along the lines of "Isn't is great, after ALL they've been through". What is wrong with the media? Does it ever enter their thick heads that Essendon brought it all upon themselves? All this Essendon sympathy is driving me nuts. :mad:
I'm sick of the 'after all they've been through' crap.

Stop the euphemisms. What they're really saying is;

"Isn't it great that they've made the finals after being suspended for a year for cheating with drugs"

And that's not great at all.

It's great for the fans - they've been through a lot
It's a good thing for a club to make finals.

But don't try and make it sound like it's EXTRA GOOD because of the drug doping scandal. They got banned. They got a number draft pick for their troubles and now they're in the same place they were before it all happened - at the lower half of the 8.

Oh I agree Geelong have done well for themselves - by throwing away their future on a handful of mature-age mercenaries who'll allow them to make up the numbers a little while longer. Meanwhile their youth is close to the worst in the league and depth wafer thin.

All they've done is push the cliff wall back a few years, but by doing so their plunge off the edge will be all the more ghastly and crawling back up the other slower & more painful. Even many of the less-deluded supporters on the Geelong board would agree with this, though good luck finding them among the throng of raving loonies like Nutjob Nakia.
That's without even mentioning the extremely cushy FIXtures they've enjoyed in 2016 & 2017, monumental benefit of playing top teams at their Cheat Ground with their second home ground the MCG just up the road, not to mention perennial umpiring favoritism. (Dangerflog & Duckwood 'earn' more frees than any other players in the league)

So forgive me if I'm not fawning all over the Cats the way you seem to be, an attitude I find repulsive & grotesque coming from a supposed Hawthorn fan. Oh and one more thing - it'll be a cold day in hell before I give the Geelong Football Club one iota of respect or positive feeling of any kind, unless you count me smiling my **** off & bringing flowers to the funeral should the club ever go out of business. Same goes for Essendon* & Sydney who are equally unworthy of respect and deserve to be treated with scorn and contempt.

GEELONG CAN SUCK MY KOCKOKOTRONIS

Lollll I'm convinced.

F*ck Geelong!

KOLOKOTRONIS

I'm sick of the 'after all they've been through' crap.

Stop the euphemisms. What they're really saying is;

"Isn't it great that they've made the finals after being suspended for a year for cheating with drugs"

And that's not great at all.

It's great for the fans - they've been through a lot
It's a good thing for a club to make finals.

But don't try and make it sound like it's EXTRA GOOD because of the drug doping scandal. They got banned. They got a number draft pick for their troubles and now they're in the same place they were before it all happened - at the lower half of the 8.

On the plus side, this must be the most players with drug convictions to play in one final.

That must be a good thing, surely?

I'll get a chuckle if West Coast knock Melbourne out here but I don't want them overtaking Essendon on percentage. Looking forward to seeing the cheats return to finals end in a 10 goal thrashing to Sydney

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond have an awful record against the Cats but you have to ignore their pre-2017 record. They are a different side. And they are 9-2 at the G this year. Not without a chance of winning the flag given they could go all the way without leaving the G

Richmond will crumble when it matters unfortunately. They don't have big game experience. They have been really good this year though. Answered most challenges and could have been top but for some typical Richmond performances. Unless they do a bulldogs and shock the competition.

Melbourne potentially missing out makes me laugh. West coast to crumble against port either way.

The only serious contenders are Geelong and Sydney unfortunately. Adelaide and GWS I can't see winning away.

KOLOKOTRONIS

Last edited:
I'll get a chuckle if West Coast knock Melbourne out here but I don't want them overtaking Essendon on percentage. Looking forward to seeing the cheats return to finals end in a 10 goal thrashing to Sydney
Buddy to kick another 10 (I hope).

Ha ha, I'm going to have fun with my long-suffering, delusional Melbourne supporting mate this week.
He was asking my advice last week about finals tickets!

Another year of failure.

Bring back the coachmeister Roos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back