No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cannot stand duckwood and cannot believe he sooked it up about sis. I recall a few contests between duckwood and T.Mitchell and it was getting pretty intense and after a couple i saw duckwood deliberately sit on Mitchells head as he was on the ground. I was furious at the time, was wondering if anybody else picked up on it or i was just looking at it through blind hatred?? Mitchell stayed down for abit after it aswell.

This simpleton only 2 weeks ago was astonished when he learnt that an AFL survey had hawthorn finishing in the 8 over Essendon. He ain’t fooling anyone.

As for Kane Kornes, wasn’t he the one who said Hawthorns O ‘meara trade Would go down as the worst trade of all time. How bright is that bloke.

About as bright as the North Pole at midnight in mid-winter!

Cannot stand duckwood and cannot believe he sooked it up about sis. I recall a few contests between duckwood and T.Mitchell and it was getting pretty intense and after a couple i saw duckwood deliberately sit on Mitchells head as he was on the ground. I was furious at the time, was wondering if anybody else picked up on it or i was just looking at it through blind hatred?? Mitchell stayed down for abit after it aswell.

So, where was the massive media outcry over that?

Oh, that's right - there's only an outcry when Suckwood is the victim!

Geelong have done that for yrs. they sit on the tackles player to prevent them going to the next contest

Must say, I am not a fan of what happens on the field stays on the field when blokes are sniping and seriously injuring others, particularly behind the play; but the Siss-Duckwood incident was pretty tame and nothing Duckwood hasn't done to others. For him to start whining, let alone the BS about 'he picked on the wrong guy', is very poor in my opinion and shows a lack of leadership. Can you imagine Hodge, Voss, Pav or J.Brown handling it that way???

Just saw this on twitter.....not even sure what station this was on.

How about this though...

Hawthorn : Mitchell, Lewis, Hodge
Premiership Medals: 12

The rest, I couldn't give a shit about.

How about this though...

Not even the best geelong midfield in recent times

How about this though...

If they are just going to compare those three sets of mids, the outside two don’t even come close to the one in the middle. And not including the 3peat Hawks midfield is ridiculous, although it’s not surprising due to the general media hate. I spose possibly not included due to no Brownlows ( Mitch of course, but you know they won’t acknowledge that).

Not even the best geelong midfield in recent times

Lions. Spoon. 1
Eagles. spoon. 1

Also if Akers is in, so is Chappy, Cyril and Phil matera

So Voss Black Akermanis
Mitchell. Hodge Rioli
Ablett Bartel Chapman

Great being compared to the greatest sandwiched between games where your midfield gets torn a new one by middle of road teams

The media is truly screwed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a bit silly to include the current Geelong trio in that midfield debate. I’m not 100% sure but I think I heard somewhere that Monday was their first game together. I may have misheard, but I’m sure it was mentioned briefly in commentary. I think B.T brought it up pre-game, then Darcy spoke of it, Daisy made a comment in passing and then B.T confirmed it after consulting Darcy. Like I said though I may have misheard and could be mistaken, it was only touched on very briefly . I’ll fact check it and report my findings.

One of that trio doesn’t have a premiership medallion. It’s amusing how quickly a Brownlow medal and an AA selection becomes important when it’s needed to make a statement look more pertinent.

Last edited:

How about this though...

Brisbane are the only trio where each player contributes at least one to the total every category.

Haven't included Hawthorn in this comparison.

How about this though...

About the only time I agreed with Gerard Healy was a couple years back when this sort of comparisons come up in OTC, he said he'd have Mitch, Hodge, Lewis ,Burgoyne plus Smith, Shiels, Hill as the best midfield combo of the post 00's!! I wholeheartedly fu..ing agree.

Gary Lyon didn’t agree with him, in fact he scoffed and accused Watson of going early and reminded him it was round 2. He did though OTC say that there were signs of the hawks of old on display on Monday. Journalistic licence used very liberally by the “staff” writer
Is Lyon the only one with a brain in the media this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back