No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
no it cost them however much cap they paid for him and the future cost of that cap being tied up for the length of the deal whether he plays one game or 100

I'm sure they can live with that cost given they picked up an elite 25 year old KPF, not like they come around that often.

no it cost them however much cap they paid for him and the future cost of that cap being tied up for the length of the deal whether he plays one game or 100

I think they paid unders for Lynch from a salary perspective, so they will be very happy with the deal.

A lot of players (and officials) wanting to go to Carlton. Surely questions need to be asked about the stock level of paper bags at the club canteen
From what I read on other threads the brown paper bags are no longer the generic plain kind, they now come with an AFL logo and endorsement.

Feel like I was told this last year but when do we get the chance for player sponsorship? Going to do it this year but will be away for a good chunk of January so want to know when they are so that I can plan ahead.
Funnily enuf it's usually January, but it tends to roll into Feb.

time will tell on Lynch

hard to get a read on anyone at the Suns
but Lynch has signed a deal that isn't far off the Buddy one, 7 years instead of 9 but he will be 33 when it finishes and he's had more injury issues than Buddy to the same point. Also kicked 300 odd less goals to the same point.

He could turn out to be great value but 7 years is a long bet

time will tell on Lynch

but Lynch has signed a deal that isn't far off the Buddy one, 7 years instead of 9 but he will be 33 when it finishes and he's had more injury issues than Buddy to the same point. Also kicked 300 odd less goals to the same point.

Definitely some overrating going on with the available free agents each year. Would Lynch have got all the attention and that kind of deal had there been a better or even just a similar level key forward available this year as a RFA? Would he have got that deal had someone like Jeremy Cameron or Josh Jenkins been available as RFA?

Lynch is a good get for the tigers, but the price they've had to pay is definitely overs.

time will tell on Lynch

Was thinking the exact similar thing. At the end of the day the tipping point will be how the Tiges are able to keep him available for selection. Similar to us and Jaeger. His best is potentially very great. You want to maximise the opportunity to see that best unlike what happened up north.

In terms of overs - eh. You pay what you need to pay to get the deal done - as opposed to the opportunity cost of not doing the deal and continuing the status quo. Or doing another deal if it is available.

Tiges and Bombers have gone hard and aggressively sought to improve their list. Good on them.

Was thinking the exact similar thing. At the end of the day the tipping point will be how the Tiges are able to keep him available for selection. Similar to us and Jaeger. His best is potentially very great. You want to maximise the opportunity to see that best unlike what happened up north.

In terms of overs - eh. You pay what you need to pay to get the deal done - as opposed to the opportunity cost of not doing the deal and continuing the status quo. Or doing another deal if it is available.

Tiges and Bombers have gone hard and aggressively sought to improve their list. Good on them.
Bombers have certainly gone hard and if they've gotten it wrong it could Vossy at the Lions all over again.
I agree on opportunity cost but you still have to set a maximum for that opportunity, they aren't all equal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bombers have certainly gone hard and if they've gotten it wrong it could Vossy at the Lions all over again.
I agree on opportunity cost but you still have to set a maximum for that opportunity, they aren't all equal

Vossy went hard at shit pieces though, off the back of getting into the second week of the finals and thinking he had a contender. I hate * - but getting Stringer, Saad, Shiel and Smith is a lot better than getting a washed up Fev, Raines, Staker, Buchanan and Clarke.

Oh yeah, definitely. Lynch != Vickery and Shiel != Bennell. You need to factor in the risk/reward ratio too

time will tell on Lynch

LOT of money for a player who has only kicked 50 goals once in his career.

Vossy went hard at shit pieces though, off the back of getting into the second week of the finals and thinking he had a contender. I hate * - but getting Stringer, Saad, Shiel and Smith is a lot better than getting a washed up Fev, Raines, Staker, Buchanan and Clarke.
Remains to be seen, Smith and Shiel are good pickups but waiting to see what the Shiel price is.

Stringer let's see whether he ends up being any better than Fev was for Brissy.

Saad, meh he's fast but he's copping the bombers pump up from the mouthpieces in the media

AFL.com.au reporting that Gary Rohan to Geelong is a done deal.

Yep. Thats what the Cats need, another injury prone player in his late 20s :drunk:

Not sure there is a player in the league that is a bigger tease than Rohan. How he manages single figure disposals a game throughout his career is staggering for a bloke with his athletic qualities. I know he has been injured, but still...

Not sure there is a player in the league that is a bigger tease than Rohan. How he manages single figure disposals a game throughout his career is staggering for a bloke with his athletic qualities. I know he has been injured, but still...
He's as good in Grand Finals as Cooper Cronk was in the 2018 NRL one.

Except one was deliberately hiding.

H
Remains to be seen, Smith and Shiel are good pickups but waiting to see what the Shiel price is.

Stringer let's see whether he ends up being any better than Fev was for Brissy.

Saad, meh he's fast but he's copping the bombers pump up from the mouthpieces in the media

I really rate Saad. Hes a tad under-rated but was the coal room of bombers rebound game. Which was the only game they had

Stringer was a good punt. Hasnt worked out yet

Also with Rohan. Hes good for 3 games a year. Usually july when hes put back or forward. And is immediately figured out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back