No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umpire just then was calling play on while the ball was in flight and then blew his whistle for a mark!???

Sent from my RNE-L02 using Tapatalk

They've become so desperate to inject themselves into a game that they can stop and reverse time...

The season is less than 3 rounds old and the standard of umpiring is the worst I can remember in living history.
I can remember umpiring being as bad as this, but never softer than this. The amount of force necessary to infringe has reached comically low levels.

Anyone who says they have enjoyed the first 2 and a bit weeks of footy are either lying or accidentally watching the wrong sport
Has been a bit boring with some dodgy umpiring
I havent even watched any Hawk replays
It usually takes about a month for the skills to improve

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I’m angry because I know this poor standard will continue into Sundays game and to the detriment of the Hawks. North are the biggest nigglers in the comp so the AFL will introduce the argy bargy rule after its 7 day hiatus.
The standard really has gone down a few levels from last year and the AFL should be worried but won’t be of course.

For those still on the whole Sicily thing, another explanation was offered up on radio this afternoon (SEN) an assistant coach of an oppo team ask for further explanation of the chest punches and was told that they were adjudicated as contact off the ball further than five meters and not chest punches.
So I suppose the wigs at head office have spent a week trying to find a rule to hide the two decisions into. Rather than just say that they were just wrong to start with.

So to be clear chest punches won't be called as infringements unless 5m or more away form the ball.

narrowing-eye.gif

O'Meara was within 5m of the ball

Weird game end of the day Essendon perhaps deserverved to win by more

Jake third week in a row bog when it mattered... notice they played 2 or 3 on him in the second half.

Look I hate Ian Ridley and Melbourne,... but I also hate others.

The end.

whole game was a bit meh from two meh teams. I normally barrack hard for a scum loss but it was good seeing the dees sink even further. All summer they were pumped up top 4 chances, it was like the whole prelim debacle never happened. The appalling number of soft free kicks paid and numerous missed holding the ball decisions soured the game even further. Normally the umpiring settles down somewhat as the season goes on so I can only hope that trend continues

Has been a bit boring with some dodgy umpiring
I havent even watched any Hawk replays
It usually takes about a month for the skills to improve

I reckon this season so far has been a great advertisement for going back to 4 preseason games. Skills have been poor, along with the umpiring.

Whole competition looks rusty.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Unfortunately it's the Sicily effect. He's been targeted and he needs to learn not to get hooked and give a cheap free kick in front of the goal.

Agree in part - the problem is, it's not just Sicily. What Stringer did was vastly worse than eg. O'Meara. Sticking your knee into a prone player and roughing him up, all while preventing him from taking his free kick - no penalty. Giving someone a shove to the chest - 12-point turnover. Or use the even worse case in the Port game. It's not just about Sicily. It's the AFL doing it's usual "let's enforce one concept to a silly degree for one week", the same way that the police like to have a blitz on stupid stuff like "let's fine jaywalkers at one intersection on one lunchtime".

Agree in part - the problem is, it's not just Sicily. What Stringer did was vastly worse than eg. O'Meara. Sticking your knee into a prone player and roughing him up, all while preventing him from taking his free kick - no penalty. Giving someone a shove to the chest - 12-point turnover. Or use the even worse case in the Port game. It's not just about Sicily. It's the AFL doing it's usual "let's enforce one concept to a silly degree for one week", the same way that the police like to have a blitz on stupid stuff like "let's fine jaywalkers at one intersection on one lunchtime".

Wait what... jaywalking is still a thing 🤷🏽‍♂️

Hoping the VFL is worth watching/attending this year as this over-officiated rubbish that's on the telly for a couple of hours of a nighttime is about as entertaining to watch as MAFS re-runs...or just MAFS in general! *yawn*
Over officiating refers to the rubbish peripheral frees like Worpel putting a toe in the centre circle. At present there should be 100 frees given
for the three main infringements - holding the man, holding the ball and in the back per match but no let the players slaughter each other in
the pursuit of gladiatorial combat for supposed tv ratings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back