No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
League average for free kicks after round three is 20.5 free kids a game. Hawks are averaging 14.

Remove our 42 free kicks from the average and we hit 21 a game for the league.

Fun facts!

#FreeKickHawthorn?

It's getting to joke stage I was happy for them to win a premiership albeit with free kicks. But it's just every week ongoing.

They are over + 200 differential over the past three years, NM today's oponent is around 140's and Collingwood 130's WestCosat 90's no one is eles is over 50.
A distinct bias towards teams wearing blue in this sample. Any psychologists want to have a stab at why this colour attracts more free kicks?

A distinct bias towards teams wearing blue in this sample. Any psychologists want to have a stab at why this colour attracts more free kicks?

It gets better. 6 of the top 7 clubs for umpiring decisions in the past 15 years wear blue.

1554211977830-png.647099

It gets better. 6 of the top 7 clubs for umpiring decisions in the past 15 years wear blue.

1554211977830-png.647099
Haha, THAT graphic was what he was replying to.

On another note, since round 1 2016 the list looks like this:

Bulldogs 232
Collingwood 183
North 141
West Coast 87
Adelaide 87
Carlton 64
Brisbane 52
Essendon 1
Hawthorn -19
Melbourne -23
Geelong -35
Gold Coast -43
St Kilda -63
Fremantle -91
Port Adelaide -117
Sydney -121
GWS -142
Richmond -151

Interestingly, although Geelong sit mid table, Joel Selwood alone is +90. Putting him 4th for all teams.

Was just reading through the West Australian papers sport section and seen a Coniglio playing reserves for Swan Districts. Does anyone know if he is related to S. Coniglio and if he’s any good?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the weekend, Jeremy Cameron had 30 touches and kicked 7 goals. He's the first to do it since 2011, and the second since 1997. Leigh Matthews did it a lazy 5 times.

On the weekend, Jeremy Cameron had 30 touches and kicked 7 goals. He's the first to do it since 2011, and the second since 1997. Leigh Matthews did it a lazy 5 times.
He probably should have had ten goals if not for some errant kicking for goal. Was very impressive.

Ok I'll have a stab, because I find this exercise fun! Not expecting any of this to be groundbreaking though

Why could this colour attract more free kicks?

Associations we have to certain colours. Perhaps not infinitely stable, but nonetheless are associations that are reinforced throughout history to the present.

Blue is generally a colour associated with trust. Only need to look at Facebook's colour choices. Obviously a blue outlay with a combination of red (a colour associated with passion and love and stopping and paying attention) when your little notification pops up.

Same deal with pokies - red forces you to stop and look and pay attention because something exciting might be happening.

Reasons humans might have made these associations to these colours originally:

Why blue and trust? Perhaps because we live under the colour blue. We're familiar with it.

Why red and passion, stopping, etc.? A colour that occurs less but generally arrives in more intense moments e.g. blood and fighting for those you love; childbirth; etc. Red roses could be considered a symbolic gesture that reinforces these associations today.

Ok I'll have a stab, because I find this exercise fun! Not expecting any of this to be groundbreaking though

Why could this colour attract more free kicks?

Associations we have to certain colours. Perhaps not infinitely stable, but nonetheless are associations that are reinforced throughout history to the present.

Blue is generally a colour associated with trust. Only need to look at Facebook's colour choices. Obviously a blue outlay with a combination of red (a colour associated with passion and love and stopping and paying attention) when your little notification pops up.

Same deal with pokies - red forces you to stop and look and pay attention because something exciting might be happening.

Reasons humans might have made these associations to these colours originally:

Why blue and trust? Perhaps because we live under the colour blue. We're familiar with it.

Why red and passion, stopping, etc.? A colour that occurs less but generally arrives in more intense moments e.g. blood and fighting for those you love; childbirth; etc. Red roses could be considered a symbolic gesture that reinforces these associations today.
So why penalise a good earthy and familiar colour like brown??? ;)

WTF is it with all these Sunday 3.20 games we’ve been given. It’s an awful time for going to games.
I actually don't mind it. I work Sunday Mornings and Saturdays so those and the night games are really the only ones I can go to.

Goddard on AFL Tonight saying that Mitchell’s jabbing sledge was ‘laughable’ and that most other players were ‘respectful of the situation’
How do these Kool Aid drinkers think they deserve respect for being drug cheats?!

Goddard on AFL Tonight saying that Mitchell’s jabbing sledge was ‘laughable’ and that most other players were ‘respectful of the situation’
How do these Kool Aid drinkers think they deserve respect for being drug cheats?!

He's right though. I still laugh when I see it.

Respect?
How about respect for the anti-doping rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back