No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee I love Clarko more and more - after getting completely bent over against the Dogs he refuses to blame the umps - never explain, never complain.
Then Hardwick comes out and nearly condones Martins off the ball hit because he can’t handle a tag. Don’t mind Hardwick usually but they’re finally getting some injuries and they don’t know how to handle it
They're not used to getting belted either. Good times.

Another week and the umpiring is being talked about again. When will they ever get their shit together and just officiate our game and have minimal impact to no impact on the results?
Looking forward to watching our team today and not the umpires.

I think I understand the rules now..

If you touch someone with a fist, it's a free against.

But if you fell someone to the ground with an open hand, it's ok.

Seems legit.

Karate lessons at Waverley this week

I think I understand the rules now..

If you touch someone with a fist, it's a free against.

But if you fell someone to the ground with an open hand, it's ok.

Seems legit.

Karate lessons at Waverley this week
Except those frees against Hawthorn (With the exception of impey) were with open hands.

Another week and the umpiring is being talked about again. When will they ever get their shit together and just officiate our game and have minimal impact to no impact on the results?
Looking forward to watching our team today and not the umpires.
What? You don't enjoy watching professional footballers who have played the sport practically their entire lives appearing awkward and unsure as they approach contests, looking perplexed and frustrated when free kicks are paid against them for actions which beach grey rules open for interpretation depending on the week that are impossible to officiate consistently?
You don't love watching players and fans, employing a 'if you can't beat them, join them' mentality compromise their integrity by pleading for deliberate out of bounds/rushed behind free kicks when they would never want to see such an injustice paid against their own team?

It's as if the AFL are trying to turn their crowds into soccer crowds.
Unfortunately, watching this farce of a sport now evokes more frustration than joy in me.

Sent from my F8332 using Tapatalk

Just heard Chris Fagan talk after Brisbanes win over Port Adel, he seems like an intelligent guy who knows what he is doing, no wonder he is doing well at Brisbane.
Best decision that club has made in a long time. Fagan instilling a culture that has players wanting to be there, then getting Hodge there to help. How much more would that help the young guys belief? Luke Hodge WANTS to be here, Luke Hodge BELIEVES in ME!
Good on em

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So is the Gold Coast's first quarter putting our effort or our deficiencies from last week into perspective?

Just heard Chris Fagan talk after Brisbanes win over Port Adel, he seems like an intelligent guy who knows what he is doing, no wonder he is doing well at Brisbane.

Like Clarko and Bolton he is an ex teacher. Correct me if I’m wrong he may have been a principal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back