No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t know why the afl don’t just drop the pretence and get rid of the handball altogether. Some of the throws in this game have been blatant and no attempt to disguise at all

Also no reward for the tackler - I’m becoming a broken record

Don’t know why the afl don’t just drop the pretence and get rid of the handball altogether. Some of the throws in this game have been blatant and no attempt to disguise at all

Also no reward for the tackler - I’m becoming a broken record

I’d pay that, but not with hands over shoulder height and not with knees on the ground

For me Mike Williamson was the best footy caller ever. He had the ability to make average games exciting and his calling oozed
passion and love for the game. As a kid if he called a Hawk game it was extra special.The last quarter of the 1966 gf and the last quarter
of the 1971 gf are just extra awesome thanks to Mike. He's a legend.

Just wonder how much we’re gonna regret that trade.. reckon we still could’ve somehow got Wingard with giving up Burton- just had to be less obliging.... Wingard was practically out the door at Port they were always gonna have to trade him.

Cant help but think Burton will be a star
A star alright. Western Star.
He's as soft as butter

Just wonder how much we’re gonna regret that trade.. reckon we still could’ve somehow got Wingard with giving up Burton- just had to be less obliging.... Wingard was practically out the door at Port they were always gonna have to trade him.

Cant help but think Burton will be a star

He'll be a 200/250 game player but not sure he will ever be more than a good HBF. Not rare those types.

“People would pay to watch Darcy Moore play.” I don’t see it...

Wouldn't pay to watch him play but we would LOVE to have someone like Darcy in our side. KPD, huge size, athletic and can take a grab. Something none of our tallish defenders can do besides Sicily. He will be a gun for years to come if his body holds up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I was browsing the fixtures of a few teams and it turns out Geelong's is an absolute gift.

They play the best 4 teams -GWS, Collingwood, Richmond & West Coast- only once each. GWS & West Coast games at the Cheat Ground too. Also Essendon* who've troubled them in recent years only once. Their double up games are against Adelaide, Hawthorn, Norf, Sydney & Bulldogs.... all of whom (sadly) could easily miss the finals, and the last three are even likely to finish bottom four.

If the Corio shitheels don't finish the year on top it'll be nothing short of a massive choke, essentially a foreshadowing their September choke to come. :smirk:

Last time I was at Western Oval was round 4 1996
We had a draw with Footscray
Paul Salmon made his debut with Hawthorn
I was there too - first and only time. We stupidly left early in the last quarter after watching a frustrating low scoring game in the muddy bog. I seem to recall doggies had 8 goals something and we had about 4 goals, and the way we were going seemed unlikely we’d catch up. So after about a 10 minute walk to the car we turned on the radio only to hear the game was drawn. We were spewing!

Been a long time since I've been to a game at the Western Oval. Barely remember what the transport systems like getting there. I do have good memories of pre-game drinks at the Rising Sun Hotel though.

Probably why I don't remember a lot else.
Last time I went Hawks came from around 23 points down late in the last quarter only to have Pritchard to miss a sitter from inside the goal square to draw. Always said Dunstall passed off too many goals.

Last edited:
Been a long time since I've been to a game at the Western Oval. Barely remember what the transport systems like getting there. I do have good memories of pre-game drinks at the Rising Sun Hotel though.

Probably why I don't remember a lot else.
Last time I went Chris Mew was still playing. Me and the missus huddled on the terraces like penguins (quite warm actually) and saw the doggies come over the top of us late. Mew fluffed ball on half back when the ball hit the mud and stuck. Choco Royale killed us. Missus was pleased with the day.

We might have lost today, but having Syd lose and stay on one win is pretty sweet.

Carn Brissy, close this one out :D

We may have gone early
Does that sum up our day in a nutshell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back