No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheedy must push to extend his contract! It’s the right thing to do!
Dodo no doubt has a framed picture in his house of the fist pump of the one time (at least in his mind) thinks he beat Wrighty / Hawthorn. Really hope Kozzie can get a good run at it to make us passing on Mozzie worth it just so Dodo has to take the picture down.

Dodo no doubt has a framed picture in his house of the fist pump of the one time (at least in his mind) thinks he beat Wrighty / Hawthorn. Really hope Kozzie can get a good run at it to make us passing on Mozzie worth it just so Dodo has to take the picture down.
This is so petty Budd.

Mozzie could be a ripper of a human being, but you want Kozzie to beat him to make dildo look like a fool and to prove our choice right..............

Petty or poorly a chosen way of saying that dildo is a fool, regardless of what happens, and best of luck to both young men trying to make it, in spite of w***ers like dildo.

giphy.gif

This is so petty Budd.

Mozzie could be a ripper of a human being, but you want Kozzie to beat him to make dildo look like a fool and to prove our choice right..............

Petty or poorly a chosen way of saying that dildo is a fool, regardless of what happens, and best of luck to both young men trying to make it, in spite of w***ers like dildo.
Over reaction much? Read it again and take a deep breath.

This is so petty Budd.

I’ve got absolutely nothing against Mozzie and really wanted us to take him and was gutted for the kid when he did his knee. My comments of were most definitely not hoping Mozzie does bad at all but more so that Kozzie can get up and running. I think might’ve misconstrued what I was trying to say.

The euphoria of winning that flag was unlike any other. The threepete years we truly deserved to be there, so winning the flag was as much relief as it was joy.

2008, after about 15 years of mediocrity was just one of the most thrilling days of my life.

I turned 18 in March that year. Everything changed. First year out of school. Got drivers license. Could go out for beers.
Hawthorn doing what they did was icing on an amazing cake.

Also motivated me to go back to playing footy after 2 years off. 12 years later and I value my time in country footy as completely life-defining and something I wouldn't change. All thanks to the mighty Hawks 08 triumph.

I started following the Hawks in 1992 so I timed my support perfectly to get in right at the back end of an amazing era and experience 15 years in the wilderness. :oops: It seemed like every other supporter got to experience success in that time, even the Saints managed to at least make a Grand Final! Crows went back to back while I was still living in Adelaide, Brisbane threepeated shortly after I arrived up here, even Port Power got in on the action in their 7th year in the competition, FMD.

What a relief/exhilaration 2008 was to put all that period behind. When Roughy retired last year it was really truly and end of an era for me being that he was the last player still at the club who was there in 2008 which for me just added an extra sense of sadness at the ending of his career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another reason to hate Geelong. Walked to work, took longer than expected because it’s been a while. Stop at my favourite cafe to get a quick coffee and there’s 12 of the Cat bastards ordering in there. Took them 30 minutes to order :mad:

Both teams playing geelong footabll, which today is absorbing pressuer in the back 50 "oops i fumbld it OOb" with bursts of attack on the rebound

it could well be the team with the ball most time in backline will win

Tonight's the night, prepare to vomit up your dinner! The number of times the commonpotators are going to jizz over Dangerfield, Selwood and Ablett is going to be sickening. Get ready the hear the phrase, "holy Trinity" about a million times. I'd suggest a drinking game, but y'all might die.

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk
The Holy Trinity, the midfield with zero defensive accountability, the reason they will never win a flag with this group

Tonight's the night, prepare to vomit up your dinner! The number of times the commonpotators are going to jizz over Dangerfield, Selwood and Ablett is going to be sickening. Get ready the hear the phrase, "holy Trinity" about a million times. I'd suggest a drinking game, but y'all might die.

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately one of these teams has to win, but I'm looking on the bright side. One of them will lose :)

anyone else see this? notably the comment from a certain someone? love his work here

View attachment 973765
The thing I always found amusing about this chase is that the commentary was plain wrong. Commetti calls "He can't go with him!" yet they ran 100 metres and Cyril is no further back at the end than he was at the start. How is that not going with him?

The thing I always found amusing about this chase is that the commentary was plain wrong. Commetti calls "He can't go with him!" yet they ran 100 metres and Cyril is no further back at the end than he was at the start. How is that not going with him?

I was never a great fan of Commetti. I think he was guilty of just as many ridiculous comments as other commentators but seemed to escape criticism. Could never work that out. My personal favourite was when the Hawks lost a game to West Coast early in 1991 and he said Hawthorn came face to face with their future and it wasn't pretty. Hawks went on to win the flag ... against his beloved West Coast :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back