No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

F*** that's a shock. R.I.P condolences to family
He was a campaigner in life, I'm hardly going to make out he wasn't in death.

His one grace was he was stupid enough to get caught cheating thus bringing down 20+ years of misery on that campaignery, campaignershow of campaigners of a club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are people's thoughts on Voss the boss getting another crack ?

At least he has gone about it the right way this time and done his journey as an assistant. It was breath-taking arrogance of him last time to think he could just step into being a head coach with no experience as an assistant (much like Jimmy Peptides at the Bombres). Just have to wonder what credit he gets out of Port the past 7 years. They are probably one of the more feeble top 4 sides I have seen these past two seasons, but they still made the top 4 and some of their midfielders have gotten the job done so he would be somewhat involved there. I think he will do a lot better than he did at the Lions because he is better equipped and has a better list at his disposal - Carlton would just be wise to not let him anywhere near list management decisions.

What are people's thoughts on Voss the boss getting another crack ?

Hard to tell without seeing what support they give him. Blues have suffered from saviour syndrome for the past 2 decades he will need some good people around him not to become another scape goat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least he has gone about it the right way this time and done his journey as an assistant. It was breath-taking arrogance of him last time to think he could just step into being a head coach with no experience as an assistant (much like Jimmy Peptides at the Bombres). Just have to wonder what credit he gets out of Port the past 7 years. They are probably one of the more feeble top 4 sides I have seen these past two seasons, but they still made the top 4 and some of their midfielders have gotten the job done so he would be somewhat involved there. I think he will do a lot better than he did at the Lions because he is better equipped and has a better list at his disposal - Carlton would just be wise to not let him anywhere near list management decisions.
Soft draw and as many home games as anyone due to COVID got Port top four x 2.

Amazing to think Port made the 2020 prelim and did not play any of the other top 4 sides twice in 2021.

Apologies if I have shared this story on this forum before, but with the passing of time it may now have more relevance...

A close acquaintance of mine spent some years in the AFL system as a development coach (not at the Hawks unfortunately) and many years back he attended an AFL coaching course with the likes of Mitchell, Buckley and Voss. He got to spend some time with each of them, bearing in mind that this was while they were still playing. Apropos of nothing (other than that he knew I was a Hawks supporter) he mentioned in passing that Mitchell had an absolutely brilliant football brain and he thought that Mitch would make a great AFL coach one day. He was also impressed with Buckley. As for Voss, he thought that Voss was absolutely full of himself, claiming that he was ready to coach an AFL side the minute he finished playing. Whereas both Mitchell and Buckley admitted that they had lots to learn about coaching and would need to spend time developing as assistant coaches before they would ever be ready for a head coaching gig.

Read into this whatever you like! Again, one person's views only, but over the years he has passed on some interesting tid-bits to me which have generally been pretty accurate and/or insightful.

Apologies if I have shared this story on this forum before, but with the passing of time it may now have more relevance...

A close acquaintance of mine spent some years in the AFL system as a development coach (not at the Hawks unfortunately) and many years back he attended an AFL coaching course with the likes of Mitchell, Buckley and Voss. He got to spend some time with each of them, bearing in mind that this was while they were still playing. Apropos of nothing (other than that he knew I was a Hawks supporter) he mentioned in passing that Mitchell had an absolutely brilliant football brain and he thought that Mitch would make a great AFL coach one day. He was also impressed with Buckley. As for Voss, he thought that Voss was absolutely full of himself, claiming that he was ready to coach an AFL side the minute he finished playing. Whereas both Mitchell and Buckley admitted that they had lots to learn about coaching and would need to spend time developing as assistant coaches before they would ever be ready for a head coaching gig.

Read into this whatever you like! Again, one person's views only, but over the years he has passed on some interesting tid-bits to me which have generally been pretty accurate and/or insightful.
Thanks for sharing.

Carlton / Voss….match made in heaven (or hell)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back