No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re the 50 for telling the umpire the ball hit the ground, if a player touches a ball being kicked for goal and declares it but the umpire doesn’t see it and calls All Clear, does the umpire give 50 for dissent ? That scenario is no different to that 50 tonight.

Umpire pays 50, the bunker finds the ball was touched so would the 50 get revoked? Once again, the AFL has made a rule without due diligence. Farcical.

Whitfield needs to be dropped
Picked up whatever was ailing Coniglio last season
It is like he was carrying an immense weight…

steve martin 80s GIF by FilmStruck

Those big pay days that GWS keeps making to its ‘gun’ players - they are not doing them any good. There is no hunger or desire to win. Going through the motions, they are just fat cats

Leon will be given the arse but he isnt the sole issue.

Those big pay days that GWS keeps making to its ‘gun’ players - they are not doing them any good. There is no hunger or desire to win. Going through the motions, they are just fat cats

Leon will be given the arse but he isnt the sole issue.
Do you reckon Gill will put the call into Clarko shortly?

Do you reckon Gill will put the call into Clarko shortly?
Well it depends on whether Clarko wants it. I don’t think he would take it on

There’s just too many nice content players in that squad. And the new young blood is therefore bought up the same way. $$$$$$ to stay, thanks, I am real happy now. Rinse and repeat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BT should be barred from commentating, Flynn took a mark around the f50 at the start of the last quarter and gave it off to himmelberg who called for it and was under pressure. BT obviously wasn’t even watching the game as he had no idea what happened in the 5 or 6 seconds after the mark was taken

GWS looks like a club with no soul. Empty and devoid of any life. A bit sad to watch really.

Like other posters have mentioned, some quality players are wasting their careers away at the Giants.

If I was one of the likes of Bruhn or Callaghan I’d be looking to get out as soon as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Going to make a bit of a different take here re umpires etc.

I'm not going to blame the umpires, they're under instruction to pay 50 at the slightest inkling of a disagreement. I'm sure they all reckon it's a load of wank anyway.

Umpires are already ostracised as it is. Like it or not it's part of Australian culture, particularly in football, to hate "the man" enforcing the rules. Umpires having to pay these 50s is further ostracising them and it's no wonder there's not many young boys and girls wanting to umpire.

The direction from Brad Scott et al. is further perpetuating this umpire disrespect and contempt off the field, in the media, around the local footy club, and taking the complete opposite direction intended - disrespect and contempt.

I'm not blaming the umpires, they're the messengers. I'm not going to pretend I have a solution to the grass roots umpiring crisis but this isn't it. There needs to be a more collaborative approach.

Going to make a bit of a different take here re umpires etc.

I'm not going to blame the umpires, they're under instruction to pay 50 at the slightest inkling of a disagreement. I'm sure they all reckon it's a load of wank anyway.

Umpires are already ostracised as it is. Like it or not it's part of Australian culture, particularly in football, to hate "the man" enforcing the rules. Umpires having to pay these 50s is further ostracising them and it's no wonder there's not many young boys and girls wanting to umpire.

The direction from Brad Scott et al. is further perpetuating this umpire disrespect and contempt off the field, in the media, around the local footy club, and taking the complete opposite direction intended - disrespect and contempt.

I'm not blaming the umpires, they're the messengers. I'm not going to pretend I have a solution to the grass roots umpiring crisis but this isn't it. There needs to be a more collaborative approach.

Also, Giants definitely do look cooked. Callaghan pls, Bruhn as the cherry on top

I for one would like to see the umpires almost go the other way. Would love nothing more than an umpy telling Porkins to get up and stop flailing like a ballet dancer or similar. Then you'd see the staging stop.

At least the stands are full. Atrocious spectacle

Actually didn’t watch, gust flicked over in ad breaks

Glad to hear you say that. I switched on for about 20 minutes and thought the game was so dull I'd rather wash the dishes. Then again, the Hawks weren't playing so I had no interest in it to begin with.

I for one would like to see the umpires almost go the other way. Would love nothing more than an umpy telling Porkins to get up and stop flailing like a ballet dancer or similar. Then you'd see the staging stop.

They have to go further than that, They need to pay a free kick against the player, a report, and a 50 metre penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back