No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
North just look that far off it.
They're gonna get Wardlaw this year too.
Makes you wonder what they might do with Pick 1, because they really don’t need another mid.

Makes you wonder what they might do with Pick 1, because they really don’t need another mid.
If they get pick 1 and go Wardlaw then they'll just trade a mid out. Pretty sure any contracted players wouldn't have any issues okaying a trade out of that sh*thole.

I know we are doing similar things with O'Meara (and Mitchell to a lessor extent), and I realise you have to build for the future, but by god North are wasting Todd Goldstein at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going into the season I thought a North midfield with Goldy, LDU, Simpkin, Thomas, Greenwood, Powell, Stephenson, JHF might surprise. It's painful to watch.
Norths midfield around the clearances looks really good.

Problem is in open play they fall apart.

And their defence and forward line is terrible.

Norths midfield around the clearances looks really good.

Problem is in open play they fall apart.

And their defence and forward line is terrible.

Yep. Won clearances 38 to 27 (+11) but lost inside 50s 45 to 62 (-17). Everything after the first possession has been a mess this year.

Jeremy Clayton is an ideal recruit for Geelong. A bag of goals against weak opposition and will do bugger all against the good ones.

They take him, considering Cunnington may be done.
I don’t necessarily disagree, but what then of Phillips and Powell?

They desperately need talls.

I don’t necessarily disagree, but what then of Phillips and Powell?

They desperately need talls.
They also really need small and medium defenders. MacDonald aside they don't have much.
They are playing Young and Turner who are VFL level.

A lot of holes in their list

Yep. Won clearances 38 to 27 (+11) but lost inside 50s 45 to 62 (-17). Everything after the first possession has been a mess this year.
I think a major issue for them is their coach tbh.
Did they job they needed last year , but looks out of his depth at the level in comparison to the other newbies .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back