No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can always rent houses. If Hodge wants to go into coaching at some point his employment horizons will be far more ample down here than up there.
Well to date, his interests seem to lean more towards media and speaker at events

Suppose a generous package could see that change but wouldn’t hold my breath

Except they’ve recently sold their Melbourne home and hodge has said on numerous occasions that the family, especially Lauren, love living in Brisbane
It’s a long shot but I don’t see anyone else quite supporting and not agreeing with clarko at every turn like hodge.

As a side I think the soft cap is slowly destroying good people in coaching due to lack of $$$, why have the pressure for mediocre income

Well to date, his interests seem to lean more towards media and speaker at events

Suppose a generous package could see that change but wouldn’t hold my breath

You're probably right - I am just constantly holding out hope for him moving back here so those kids never end up in the Lions academy.

Thought the eldest was already associated with their academy.

In any event, they could simply elect Hawks under F/S

Well, yes but would they want to move away from home and away from the club your Dad last played for.

My biggest fear is we lose out on Hodgey's kids.

I kinda hope they take up golf or tennis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, yes but would they want to move away from home and away from the club your Dad last played for.

My biggest fear is we lose out on Hodgey's kids.

I kinda hope they take up golf or tennis.
They’re all lions supporters I can’t see them coming to us unless Hodgey can find a professional reason to come back. His wife has joked she would divorce him if he did though. I just hope they’re not good at footy!

Gil again. It's done.

Gil’s mills and Clarko might be his final bit of business..

To be honest it makes sense for a club in desperate need of building a profile to get someone like Clarko. And I think they’ve got a lot more to work with from his perspective.

If you're Clarko, which job will you take?

GWS. They let Cameron squander 150 first round draft picks over 8 years. Clarko would be guaranteed a high paid gig for 30 years no matter what results he gets.

If any current AFL club is going to work for Clarko, it has to be GWS. Can't see him succeeding with another rebuild at North. He needs to do what Lethal did at Brisbane, go to a club with a lot of great players and reign them in to a game plan that'll get them winning.

If any current AFL club is going to work for Clarko, it has to be GWS. Can't see him succeeding with another rebuild at North. He needs to do what Lethal did at Brisbane, go to a club with a lot of great players and reign them in to a game plan that'll get them winning.
Is it too late? How many of the elite GWS players will still be there

Is it too late? How many of the elite GWS players will still be there
Still got 20 first round picks on the list, provided they get first rounders in to replace Hopper and Taranto who are a chance to leave. We've got 7, even Melbourne only have 13.

Couple of stars left in Kelly and Greene, a few potential stars in Ash, Green and Callaghan, solid book-ends in Hogan and Taylor and some other A grade peripheral players like Nick Haynes.

It all depends what the incoming coach can get out of guys like Whitfield who have the talent but look over the sport and unmotivated.

While I love the concept of opting out of 7’s commentary - I was really hoping for both 7 and Fox to lose the rights.

While I love the concept of opting out of 7’s commentary - I was really hoping for both 7 and Fox to lose the rights.
Just what the world needs, more Durwayne.

Wouldn't the commentators just move to whoever gets the rights?

And do you really want someone like Amazon muscling in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back