No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been a mate's personal reference for a lot of his security clearance upgrades. Defence sure like to know about their people's sexual proclivities!
The questions that they ask reveal how much they know. I was astounded at some of the questions I had to answer for a mates next security clearance. He was very squeamish when I hit him with some of the questions?

FFS, the AFL media BS artists, as per usual, grossly exaggerating Ponting's comments on radio this morning.

Mitch Cleary's claim: "This week Ponting WILL sit down with Alastair Clarkson to gauge his interest…"
Ricky Ponting, quote: "HOPEFULLY I can sit down with him…"

Last edited:

LOL.

And in breaking news from the Herald-Sun pictorial, it is believed Michael Clarke is making noises about meeting with James Hird to strongly encourage him to apply for the AFL supremo job, to become the next PM, and the next Pope, and to force him to attend James Packer's next Sydney Harbour boat party extravaganza.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How I imagine the talks went

Look forward to the follow-up of this 'exclusive' from the media boof-heads - which is likely to be a brief phone call at best.

Ponting: "Hi mate, it's Punter!
Clarkson: Sorry, who?
Ponting: Ah, it's Ricky Ponting...
Clarkson: Oh, hello mate, what can I do for you?
Ponting: Well, I was hoping we could sit down for a coffee and have a chat about your interest in coaching the Roos.
Clarkson: Gee, I wasn't aware you had an official role at the club..?
Ponting: I haven't, but as the No.1 ticket holder I do have some insights that I'd like to share with you.
Clarkson: Oh, well appreciate the invitation mate, but no thanks, was there anything else?
Ponting: Ummm, not really...
Clarkson: OK mate, catch ya later, bye...

The nonsense/BS headline thereafter to be; 'Clarkson shuns Ponting approach, cancels meeting!'....

Last edited:
Left field choice but the perfect person to be assistant to Clarko if he comes back would be Luke Hodge - if north could pull that off would be the best thing they have done in a while. + get hodge back to Melbourne…

Interestingly, since 2001, there have been five (out of 20) no. 1 picks that have played in at least 1 grand final with only 1 of them tasting success.

So not as successful as recruiting someone from the Rioli family?

Gee Barrett’s article packs a lot in a chance 10 minute meeting with clarkos manager.

Barret wouldn’t be projecting would he

Also the comment ‘Clarko burns through admin staff’ using Robson and Audrey as examples

Othe people had issues there too

Plenty have left the hawks under clarkos time but it’s totally the opposite, theyve been in high demand due to being at a centre of excellence, would have been nice to retain them really including most of the premiership coaches since 2015

Gee Barrett’s article packs a lot in a chance 10 minute meeting with clarkos manager.

Barret wouldn’t be projecting would he

Also the comment ‘Clarko burns through admin staff’ using Robson and Audrey as examples

Othe people had issues there too

Plenty have left the hawks under clarkos time but it’s totally the opposite, theyve been in high demand due to being at a centre of excellence, would have been nice to retain them really including most of the premiership coaches since 2015
Maybe burning through some admin staff is exactly what North need.....

Left field choice but the perfect person to be assistant to Clarko if he comes back would be Luke Hodge - if north could pull that off would be the best thing they have done in a while. + get hodge back to Melbourne…

Except they’ve recently sold their Melbourne home and hodge has said on numerous occasions that the family, especially Lauren, love living in Brisbane

Get Ramsden on the Mosquito diet. He's at about 0.36 Darren Jarman's at the moment.

screenshot_20220727-130746_facebook-jpg.1457823

Except they’ve recently sold their Melbourne home and hodge has said on numerous occasions that the family, especially Lauren, love living in Brisbane

You can always rent houses. If Hodge wants to go into coaching at some point his employment horizons will be far more ample down here than up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back