No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't the commentators just move to whoever gets the rights?

And do you really want someone like Amazon muscling in?

Yes - I’m hoping it’s CBS/Paramount who wins the bid. Channel 10 did a good job at coverage back in the 9/10 days and were good with their BBL coverage until 7 fu**ed that up. I hate Foxtel and I’m not overly fond of 7. If Paramount want to pay the most then I hope they get it.

Gee if given the choice do you coach the AFL backed club which still has loads of talent on the list or the club the AFL want to move who are a basket case on and off field .
I wonder ?????
Back in the 80's Diego Maradona could have played for any big club on Europe for a shitload of cash but chose to go to lowly Napoli in Serie A and turned them into a championship winning powerhouse.

Not everyone takes the easiest most lucrative opportunity - most do but some don't based on their belief of their talent and the chance to create legend. It will be interesting to see which way Clarkson goes

It's for this reason I want us to make a play for Willie Rioli (I've been growing some totally bodacious skunk bud to help make this happen)
Don't hold out on me bro.

While I love the concept of opting out of 7’s commentary - I was really hoping for both 7 and Fox to lose the rights.
They are really trying to get as many people not watching footy as possible. Taking the Saturday day game was bad. But taking the night game seems extra crazy to me.

They are really trying to get as many people not watching footy as possible. Taking the Saturday day game was bad. But taking the night game seems extra crazy to me.

Agreed - with 9 games per round you’d hope there’s at least 3 per week on FTA. This is why I’d prefer 10/Paramount to get it. Yes they’d probably stick things on Paramount+ but I dare say you’d get as many games on 10 as there are now on 7. 7’s commitment to sport seems to be on the decline.

Agreed - with 9 games per round you’d hope there’s at least 3 per week on FTA. This is why I’d prefer 10/Paramount to get it. Yes they’d probably stick things on Paramount+ but I dare say you’d get as many games on 10 as there are now on 7. 7’s commitment to sport seems to be on the decline.
7 had a huge push to get a heap of sport a few years ago. Now they’ve got it they don’t want it.

I’m lucky enough to be able to have Foxtel but without it and with no more free live games on Telstra. It’s getting pretty difficult to watch it.

And I’m sure they are a lot out there that would love to see their team play but can’t and lose at least a little interest in the sport.

Got to give Scott and Geelong some credit. They are sitting pretty on top of the ladder by a game and approx 7%.

They are doing this whilst playing several players that I would not want playing for us - Rohan, Z. Guthrie, Neale, Selwood, Bews, O'Connor, Kolo, Stanley, Miers. I doubt most of that lot would get a game for us either.

Yes - I’m hoping it’s CBS/Paramount who wins the bid. Channel 10 did a good job at coverage back in the 9/10 days and were good with their BBL coverage until 7 fu**ed that up. I hate Foxtel and I’m not overly fond of 7. If Paramount want to pay the most then I hope they get it.
I could live with that but my concern is who gets the streaming rights. I'd be surprised if the AFL gave the lot to Paramount

Back in the 80's Diego Maradona could have played for any big club on Europe for a shitload of cash but chose to go to lowly Napoli in Serie A and turned them into a championship winning powerhouse.

Not everyone takes the easiest most lucrative opportunity - most do but some don't based on their belief of their talent and the chance to create legend. It will be interesting to see which way Clarkson goes
There not lowly anymore. One of the big 4 in Italy and have been for sometime but I get the jist of the argument. GWS to me is a neutral club. If they succeed while Clarko is there good on him and them I honestly would be happy. Different if he went to another Melbourne club. It's a bit of out of sight out of mind with GWS.

Got to give Scott and Geelong some credit. They are sitting pretty on top of the ladder by a game and approx 7%.

They are doing this whilst playing several players that I would not want playing for us - Rohan, Z. Guthrie, Neale, Selwood, Bews, O'Connor, Kolo, Stanley, Miers. I doubt most of that lot would get a game for us either.
Probably helps their percentage a fair bit that they've had 2 games against North already. They've also had a fairly easy run, with no double ups against Top 4 sides and the benefit of playing all Brisbane, Melbourne and Freo at home - even if they did lose to freo.

If I give them credit for anything it's their ability to keep their list healthy, in particular Hawkins who they got to career best form after recovering from back surgery.

There not lowly anymore. One of the big 4 in Italy and have been for sometime but I get the jist of the argument. GWS to me is a neutral club. If they succeed while Clarko is there good on him and them I honestly would be happy. Different if he went to another Melbourne club. It's a bit of out of sight out of mind with GWS.
GWS are propped up by the AFL and get the cream of the draft year in year out after getting so many concession picks early using all of them developing players then trading them for first round picks. They really should have won a flag by now and have come close. No glory getting them a premiership for anyone let alone Clarko.

Norf are on the brink of folding as a club. Some talent but some mystifyingly bad decisions also. Anyone who takes the reigns of that team and gets them out of the bottom 6 should be lauded. If they take them to the finals it would be a phenomenal effort

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those of you that have been pissing yourself with that main board thread about how good North’s young talent it, I finally found the thread of gold supplied by North supporters when they previously ran with an absurd player comparison

😂

Probably helps their percentage a fair bit that they've had 2 games against North already. They've also had a fairly easy run, with no double ups against Top 4 sides and the benefit of playing all Brisbane, Melbourne and Freo at home - even if they did lose to freo.

If I give them credit for anything it's their ability to keep their list healthy, in particular Hawkins who they got to career best form after recovering from back surgery.
Most of the team know what Scott wants them to do. They don't have to be gun players just play to the system. Big experienced bodies. I actually think there more even now not just reliant on Dangerfield or Hawkins. All their plus 30s bar probably Higgins haven't dropped their level. That's why there not dropping off. It's a very good effort all things considering. Whether they can maintain this level is another thing. Have to do it for another 6-8 weeks.

I could live with that but my concern is who gets the streaming rights. I'd be surprised if the AFL gave the lot to Paramount
Afl will give rights to whoever pays the most. More tv rights means more $ and bonuses for afl exec (and ST cash to top up clubs or money down drain on Tassie etc). LT impact on fans etc won’t come into it.

Most of the team know what Scott wants them to do. They don't have to be gun players just play to the system. Big experienced bodies. I actually think there more even now not just reliant on Dangerfield or Hawkins. All their plus 30s bar probably Higgins haven't dropped their level. That's why there not dropping off. It's a very good effort all things considering. Whether they can maintain this level is another thing. Have to do it for another 6-8 weeks.
I think the fact they are on average across the field bigger and stronger than their opponents is a great advantage over a 22 week season.

Makes me question sometimes the focus our conditioning team has had on producing very lean, endurance type athletes.

You can see the difference it's made having a real unit like Duke in our midfield.

Diego was also broke and Napoli had the 80s equivalent of a PSG oil baron happy to help him through his debts.

Is Joe Gutnick back at Melbourne?
6 years for Brayshaw,
7 years for Oliver.

Wowsers.
1 that means they are losing Luke Jackson
2 a variety of other players now become available - Pickett, Langdon, Fritsch and a range of younger players. Also Steven May is now in Brian Lake territory
3 they still have massive forward line problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back