No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankyou Kurt you're doing wonderful work at the Swans with their culture. I might go pour myself a glass of COLA.

Tippett kicked two goals. Based on his statistics that is an above average performance.

I reckon this could push Sydney out of the top 4 by the end of the season. I'd honestly rather Essendon in the 4 (much less of a threat).

How about you wait until the hawks have actually played them before you make statements like that - they are not sitting where they are because they aren't playing ok

LOL @ Sydney.

We've had a fun day. I was at the local footy (SANFL) today, and they were putting scores up for the Port v sydney game. Norwood traditionally dislike Port Adelaide, but when Port kicked away in the final term, the crowd at our game began cheering.

Picking up Tippett was a big mistake for the Swans because they've gone from being people's second team to one the majority of true footy fans wants to see beaten. They have arrogantly thumbed their noses at the other AFL clubs by picking a high priced recruit and funding it with money allocated by the AFL intended to be shared amongst the players as a cost of living allowance.

If there's such a thing in footy as karma, then we've seen it today. May Sydney continue to suffer in their jocks :)

You can just imagine the mood of Demetriou as scores started filtering through that his pet Swans were struggling against lowly placed Port Adelaide. There will be an emergency meeting on Monday to devise a strategy to ensure this never happens again.

Imagine paying all that money for a muppet like Tippett ... sucked in Sydney. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happens when Glass and Reiwoldt play on each other? How is the umpire meant to know whether to give Reiwoldt a free or let Glass get away with murder?
Have a look at freekick table. WC on top and Saints bottom, so it's pretty clear cut really.

Not sure how much one can take when taking the piss, but ...
Reading in the Australian, it seems the Swine have a "Buddy" situation themselves. Seems they face the devastation of losing Mumford to GWS if the Buddy deal falls through. Can you imagine the trauma that would cause? I bet theres a 100+ page thread on their forum about it.

As if that weren't enough though, it seems they have the sitauation in hand becuase they have proven ruckman tippett waiting in the wings.

Troll of the year surely?

Does anyone else think that Tippet could be near detrimental to the swans?

They play their best footy coming out from the back with the players sucked up the ground in the press, creating a vacuum in the forwardline for their mids to run into. With Tippet now possibly clogging up that vacuum, will they be as effective even if Kurt hits his straps? What they did to Collingwood was brilliant by them and I'm just not sure whether they could have done it with Tippet up forward

Does anyone else think that Tippet could be near detrimental to the swans?

They play their best footy coming out from the back with the players sucked up the ground in the press, creating a vacuum in the forwardline for their mids to run into. With Tippet now possibly clogging up that vacuum, will they be as effective even if Kurt hits his straps? What they did to Collingwood was brilliant by them and I'm just not sure whether they could have done it with Tippet up forward

It will be very interesting. The other thing is they don't rely on superstars, now they have to contend with a pretend one. It potentially changes their whole game plan. How does it go, if it ain't broke......

It will be very interesting. The other thing is they don't rely on superstars, now they have to contend with a pretend one. It potentially changes their whole game plan. How does it go, if it ain't broke......
Can they play Tippett, Mumford, Reid and Pyke in the same side? Will be interesting to see how it pans out

And White although most supporters seem to want his head. Goodes is the wild card who can do key forward or run. Did he get injured today? What happened?
Yeah he hurt his upper thigh I believe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back