No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this one:

"St Kilda needed a scalp and had everything to prove, were fresh after the bye and played above themselves.

Since we have been on the up this year every team has played at their best against us; it's exhausting.

We were tired and probably a little disinterested in having to contend with another 'no hope' team putting in a Goliath effort, yet we still stuck in there.

We can't play to an exacting standard every week and expect to be ripe for the finals.

Good job Cats, let's continue setting up for the finals and make sure we are good to go when it counts."

After missing the 8 last year? Pretty much a lol

Try gunning for 5 straight GFs and 4 straight flags. The Cats cant even win a final...

Went to sleep very early, missed the whole game. Worth catching up the game thread? Or does blaming the umps sum up the cats loss?

Nice knowing hawks win they sit on top, not bad for a cooked team!

I know we are constantly accused of arrogance and being poor supporters, and I'm not say we don't have our share, but Geelong's reaction to this loss has been really poor by a lot of them.

They are tearing their team to shreds, ripping into to their administration and blaming umpires (a whole thread dedicated to it). Many seem to feel as if it was the right to win last night and ultimately the premiership with out recognizing the one reason they lost, Saints played a lot better.

They remind me a lot of Sydney in 2014. Getting one of the best players who plays brilliantly through out the year, the team looks unstoppable at times, but ultimately they have got to far ahead of them seeing the far more experienced and focused side win the flag.
It'll be same this year, either Sydney who are now much more focused or Hawthorn will win imo.

Maybe my Geelong hatred is talking here.... But i thought it was a def free kick.

You can't jump and push a player down, land, then mark

Mate, it happens all day long and not a word is spoken. The moment it happens in a tight game only a few minutes from the end, suddenly everyone starts screaming it should be paid. My stance is, if you don't pay a type of free all day, then don't pull it out when it is crucial for the result of a game. Pay frees for that and the full back of the century would have given away 20+ frees every week.

It's like before the new out of bounds rule came in. Players spent all day deliberately knocking the ball out of bounds, but the only time umpires got excited about paying one was when the game was up for grabs. It used to annoy the hell out of me.

I know we are constantly accused of arrogance and being poor supporters, and I'm not say we don't have our share, but Geelong's reaction to this loss has been really poor by a lot of them.

They are tearing their team to shreds, ripping into to their administration and blaming umpires (a whole thread dedicated to it). Many seem to feel as if it was the right to win last night and ultimately the premiership with out recognizing the one reason they lost, Saints played a lot better.

They remind me a lot of Sydney in 2014. Getting one of the best players who plays brilliantly through out the year, the team looks unstoppable at times, but ultimately they have got to far ahead of them seeing the far more experienced and focused side win the flag.
It'll be same this year, either Sydney who are now much more focused or Hawthorn will win imo.
When Geelong fans blow up after a loss on bf they are just following their coach and captains lead.

Things get pretty embarrassing on here at times win or lose but at least our club publicly is gracious in victory or defeat

Maybe my Geelong hatred is talking here.... But i thought it was a def free kick.

You can't jump and push a player down, land, then mark

There were a couple of decisions in the third quarter that went Pissies* way, and cost the Saints goals.
* Actually, this was a typo, but, as I like it, I decided to keep it.

While I am enjoying geelongs loss, this board can melt just as hard after a loss...
Glass houses and all..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I agree. But I tell you, there are some seriously head-f&*ked campaigners on the Geelong Autopsy thread. Constant references to Hawks and the possibility of winning it all again.

Mate, it happens all day long and not a word is spoken. The moment it happens in a tight game only a few minutes from the end, suddenly everyone starts screaming it should be paid. My stance is, if you don't pay a type of free all day, then don't pull it out when it is crucial for the result of a game. Pay frees for that and the full back of the century would have given away 20+ frees every week.

It's like before the new out of bounds rule came in. Players spent all day deliberately knocking the ball out of bounds, but the only time umpires got excited about paying one was when the game was up for grabs. It used to annoy the hell out of me.
I think brew is talking about the one where Hawkins went for a speccy but landed before the ball got there.

The one where hawkins just fell over wasn't a free by normal standards, you are right about that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just want to win today and go (temporarily at least) on top. Only when that is done will I think about laughing at Geelong.

You can sense the genuine fear amongst some that this will happen. Ling said last night that the prospect of the Hawks finding themselves top would be daunting to other clubs. I believe it would as well. They'd be thinking, "Hell, it's generally accepted the Hawks haven't been playing at anywhere near their best and without Roughead and Hodge, and they are still top".

There will be secret special meetings at the AFL demanding to know how this happened. Gilligan would be concerned the ruse of providing their mouthpiece Babbling Barrett with information about Hawthorn players' finances being investigated hasn't worked, favourable draws to certain clubs hasn't worked, COLA hasn't worked, so how in hell can they overcome the Hawthorn juggernaut?

I think brew is talking about the one where Hawkins went for a speccy but landed before the ball got there.

The one where hawkins just fell over wasn't a free by normal standards, you are right about that.

You're correct. Thanks for that. It used to be a simple rule, you could use your opponent to rise and take a mark even though you are interfering with him. However, the moment you don't take the mark, it's an automatic free kick. Like many rules, this one seems to have dissipated.

While I am enjoying geelongs loss, this board can melt just as hard after a loss...
Glass houses and all..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yes, but even after the worst loss, there are great, sensible, positive posters here who are rational and always see the best in their club and their players.

Now, who are they?

Yes, but even after the worst loss, there are great, sensible, positive posters here who are rational and always see the best in their club and their players.

Now, who are they?

Every board has some good posters BF is just like going to the footy sometimes you meet follow supporters you like and you also meet supporters you wish you could gag with electrical tape so they didn't ruin the game for everyone within earshot

I like this one:

"St Kilda needed a scalp and had everything to prove, were fresh after the bye and played above themselves.

Since we have been on the up this year every team has played at their best against us; it's exhausting.

We were tired and probably a little disinterested in having to contend with another 'no hope' team putting in a Goliath effort, yet we still stuck in there.

We can't play to an exacting standard every week and expect to be ripe for the finals.

Good job Cats, let's continue setting up for the finals and make sure we are good to go when it counts."

Mission accomplished ;)

Now, who are they?

I think we all hate to lose.
And we just love Geelong's losses because they've gone out and tried to buy a premiership.

But Davo23, you the man!

;)

The sad thing about these pics is that you could fill books full of them he's been pulling these expressions for years it has become tiresome although when they cut to him in the game and he was pulling those faces I was laughing my head off tonight... He's a nutjob but the Scott boys are!!

I'd rather listen to poor Ross, than put up with the Scott twins and the excuses they come up with week after week.

I must admit that whenever they lose, I wtch their post match presses purely for my own entertainment. I used to enjoy MM too, so maybe I'm a sadist.

I like this one:

Since we have been on the up this year every team has played at their best against us; EXCEPT HAWTHORN, it's exhausting.

At least this poster didn't blame the umpires, but, indirectly, pointed at the coaching staff by saying they don't prepare themselves for lesser challenges, and they are probably right, Poor coaching X 3 Chris.

I'd rather listen to poor Ross, than put up with the Scott twins and the excuses they come up with week after week.

I must admit that whenever they lose, I wtch their post match presses purely for my own entertainment. I used to enjoy MM too, so maybe I'm a sadist.
Scott blamed the difference in preparation last night.

Scott blamed the difference in preparation last night.
Are you sure?

"I bristled a little bit (at a question about his players' mindset) because we did the preparation and we were ready.

"What it shows to me more than our mindset is that the comp's tight. It's dangerous to look at the ladder and assume things should be OK."

You're correct. Thanks for that. It used to be a simple rule, you could use your opponent to rise and take a mark even though you are interfering with him. However, the moment you don't take the mark, it's an automatic free kick. Like many rules, this one seems to have dissipated.
Not quite, if a player makes a legitimate attempt to mark the ball and drops it, it's called play on. The forgotten rule for me is the one
where you cannot push or interfere from the back when spoiling, totally ignored now and I've never seen a player mark a ball with his fist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back