No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
King has us out of the top 4 on SEN this morning

It's a no loose situation for footy media to be so heavy against Hawthorn. It's a safe bet, just like concern trolling before an easy game, because of the Hawks lose then you look like the expert you are and if they win then you have a good "against all odds" story.

There's no downside to voting against the champ.

It's a no loose situation for footy media to be so heavy against Hawthorn. It's a safe bet, just like concern trolling before an easy game, because of the Hawks lose then you look like the expert you are and if they win then you have a good "against all odds" story.

There's no downside to voting against the champ.
Exactly. As long as they keep saying it eventually they will get it right. Too old too slow anyone.?

So did half the people that rang up during the segment also claiming our % would put us in 5th.

If we can beat Port after the bye I think we might go 18-4 so doesn't matter what % we have that will surely put us top 2, baring any major brain fades against a Richmond or Collingwood I think that we will at worst go 17-5 if we win next week.
Yep and the Port game is increasingly becoming our biggest game of the year so far.

Yep and the Port game is increasingly becoming our biggest game of the year so far.

I'd say the next two are extremely important, Sydney particularly important as we are competiting with them for top 4.

Interestingly we play them on the back of 2 x 6 day breaks, could be a good time to get them but this is the one match that I have us going in as underdogs for the remainder of the year.

Exactly. As long as they keep saying it eventually they will get it right. Too old too slow anyone.?

I think we need people to take stats on the media:
1. How many things they say
2. How many ridiculous things they say
3. How many things they get right (would only be a small column)
4. How many things they get wrong
5. How many absolute howlers.

I think it would be interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We seem to have trouble beating the Power. Not looking forward to this game..:oops:

As a Hawk living in Adelaide, I've had some bloody miserable times at Adelaide Oval and Football Park ... except for 2011 when we belted Port by 165 points.

It seems ridiculous that he continues to cop fines - is the next one a suspension
His first fine was for wrestling, second for striking, they don't come under the same list for the 3 offenses in one season policy
Wrestling is fixed financial, striking is classifiable offense as it can be graded.
His next wrestling or striking will be higher fines, wrestling will only ever be a fine so he could get 4 of those in one year and not get suspended, third tummy tap would be a suspension though

Why was he in hospital? I've completely missed this piece of news. Hopefully nothing to worry about (further). :praying:

There was mention around the boards of a punctured lung in the BHH game. Nothing on the HFC site, though, so I suppose we'll hear something tomorrow in the recovery report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back