No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suckling had a stinker tonight. Be the whips of all whipping boys if he was still a hawk. Been ok otherwise this yr. gresham looked great agaim, taken just ahead of lovell, hopefully he can start producing something like that for us soon!

https://soundcloud.com/abc_grandstand/afl-rd-18-tim-hodges-describes-the-gut-wrenching-scenes-in-the-bulldogs-rooms-with-the-injury-to-mitch-wallis

Heart breaking interview in the Bulldogs rooms after the game. Reminds you that there's much more to life than footy.

Feel terrible for Mitch, his family and he Dogs in general. Very sad.

Suckling was truly horrid tonight. Should see some of the posts about him on the doggies board.

Very reminiscent to the Hawks board circa 2014-15.

Let's be honest we hardly miss him. Love that new guys are getting games instead.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been traveling, just saw today's scores. Are the other teams in the AFL trying to give us the top spot? What the hell is going on? #head...
Amazing how they've all tripped up so badly in the second half of the season. Once again, our conditioning staff have been worth every cent. Hawthorn may well get better while the opposition drops off. Hope so!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Amazing how they've all tripped up so badly in the second half of the season. Once again, our conditioning staff have been worth every cent. Hawthorn may well get better while the opposition drops off. Hope so!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Yep. All that heavy muscle becomes extra weight you have to carry across the whole season and it takes its toll.

Just wondering, what are the odds of Boomer getting hit by a bus in the next 24 hours?

Must admit I have had to push many similar thoughts out of my mind as 'not sporting,' but then I realize all the bs we have to endure, and the fact that it is boomer, and return, smiling, to the original thoughts.:D

The media have already anointed the next media-built superstar, Silvagni. Only had 5 touches yesterday but they were magnificent, each and every one of them. People complain about about how McAvaney gushes over Cyril but at least Rioli does things to warrant praise. All Silvagni has done is be the son of the most over-rated full back in history. I've already reached the point where I cannot watch Carlton games because of the way the media carry on about him, it's going to be like Chris Judd all over again.

Bulldogs have had way more than their share of unfortunate injuries this year. Horrible luck.

But I wonder how many have happened at that accursed shithole Colonial Stadium. The teams that signed on there must still be rueing the day.

If your game is built on "contested possessions" this puts your players at much more risk of injury. Mr Clarko is a very smart coach.

Most teams are very inconsistent this season. How much is the interchange cap contributing to this?
Very much I reckon. If you have the AFL Live app with an AFL Live season pass you can access data on which players are currently on the bench for each side. Just from casual observation all teams tend to have their youngest, least experienced players on the pine for the longest periods.

Even Hawthorn have done this with our own sitting there for as long as 10+ minutes at a time. The difference being that our players have prepared their bodies for marathon endurance, repeat efforts and faster stamina recovery.

It hurt us a bit earlier in the season where the teams that were beefed up had the stamina to run with us for the whole game and actually outlast us as they bashed us a bit. But now they are struggling to keep up and recover with the accumulating effects of a season catching up.

This is around the point of the year that the beefed up Essendon players would start succumbing to soft tissue and joint injuries each year following a dominant first two thirds of the season.

It's no coincidence that we've had a pretty much fully fit 22 to take into our last 3 GFs.

I don't think we will drop any. Remember we are preparing for our season which starts in September, and we have been the been the best Spring side for almost 4 years now.
Winning the GF would mean stringing together 17 straight wins. Really don't like those odds and as funny as it sounds I'd probably prefer a loss in the remaining H&A games. In 2008 Cats were on something like 13 wins on GF day and I was conscious of this on the day thinking a loss is just around the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back