No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few days ago, Essenscum fans were baiting me about Buddy. "He's gone" they said...."Enjoy getting a glorified second rounder for the best player in the game" they said...

Where are they now? I'm really worried. I call them and they don't answer...I knock on their door and they don't answer.

:)

I'm having the same reaction...or lack of. I'm worried about them.

If you wanted to keep your sponsor, you wouldn't dare have a sponsors name associated with such a press conference
The fact that none of them wore the essendon brand was a bigger issue for me - how can those three be seen to be separating themselves from the issue.

Exactly! The Prez, CEO and Coach are all distancing themselves from the club? WTF? Is it to deflect the fact that's it's Essendon staring down the barrel of a gun? I think we sort of figured out it's the Bombers in the firing line here. Not sure what it was supposed to achieve.

Anyone else find this a tad offensive ?

http://goo.gl/NVvMv

From The Age this morning ... The article, by Jake Niall (Collingwood fan) focuses on Essendon and Collingwood and their supplement issues.

The majority of sports journo's at the age support Essendon and Collingwood so it stands to reason that you show Hawthorn players in the cartoon ???

THE AGE
Rohan Connolly - Essendon. Fanatical nutjob.
Jake Niall - Collingwood. Fanatical.
Caroline Wilson - Richmond. Fanatical.
Emma Quayle - Essendon. Fanatical.
Michael Gleeson - Collingwood. Fanatical.
Samantha Lane - Carlton. Fanatical.
Scott Spits - Essendon. Moderate.
Martin Blake - St Kilda. Fanatical.
Richard Hinds - Collingwood. Fanatical.
Jon Pierik - Carlton. Moderate.
Greg Baum - Collingwood. Moderate.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360446559.681199.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360446559.681199.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 69
Tin foil hat time.

What is going on out there in media land? Is it just my paranoia, or is there a little suggestive undercurrent going on, such as that cartoon and the guy from ABC's Offsiders making a verbal gaffe saying 'Hawthorn' instead of 'Essendon'?

It's got me a little on edge...

Tin foil hat time.

What is going on out there in media land? Is it just my paranoia, or is there a little suggestive undercurrent going on, such as that cartoon and the guy from ABC's Offsiders making a verbal gaffe saying 'Hawthorn' instead of 'Essendon'?

At the time I wondered if it was a slip of the tongue, or an error made purposely.

Tin foil hat time.

The journo that made the error was one ' Gideon Clifford Jeffrey Davidson Haigh ' who was born in England but raised in Geelong -- he is more a Cricket journo but knows what shape a footy is. I thought it was just a slip of the tongue and it makes sense it's common knowledge that if you support Geelong you are constantly thinking about Hawthorn.

The journo that made the error was one ' Gideon Clifford Jeffrey Davidson Haigh ' who was born in England but raised in Geelong -- he is more a Cricket journo but knows what shape a footy is. I thought it was just a slip of the tongue and it makes sense it's common knowledge that if you support Geelong you are constantly thinking about Hawthorn.

Thanks Ram-Man. I did only catch it in passing, and didn't recognise him. Maybe a slip of the tongue, or a clever diversion away from the "Weapon's" success story?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesse Hogan looked pretty fantastic last night, especially for his age. Hogan, Howe, and Clark (assuming that his performance before his injury last year was sustainable) is going to be a seriously imposing forward line.

Jesse Hogan looked pretty fantastic last night, especially for his age. Hogan, Howe, and Clark (assuming that his performance before his injury last year was sustainable) is going to be a seriously imposing forward line.
Except that Hogan can't play in 2013.

They also have Dawes, who, if he can get back into some form like 2010, will be more than handy.

Except that Hogan can't play in 2013.
I realize that. Plus Clark won't be back until midway through this season. I was looking towards 2014 and beyond. Still, I think that Melbourne might be finally putting things together on the list management side of things after years of poor personnel moves, recruitment, and drafting.

Good ol' Sheeds

He's doing his job promoting GWS, I'll give him that much.

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2013-02-27/open-letter-to-andrew-newbold

Dear Mr Newbloke,

This is Kevin from up on the Parramatta River. I don’t think we have ever met. I actually thought Jeff Kennett was still President of Hawthorn because I see him and hear him so much.

Then I read your recent comments saying the GIANTS had indigestion on draft picks. And that you are in fact now the president. Seems you’ve been having a lot to say. Hope Jeff is ok with this.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-02-26/sheedy-blasts-newbloke

^^ There's an article about Sheedy's comments from the AFL site.

For anyone who missed Newbold's statement, "GWS have indigestion they have so many draft picks, and we think the cost of living allowance is an outdated policy, the logic of which if extended should mean Adelaide has a lower salary cap, and in Perth a higher one,''

Sheedy has clearly missed Newbold's point and somehow managed to make it all about Kevin and GWS.

Bit of a personal attack at the guy. Sheedy getting to caught up with the word 'indigestion' to not relise the point that's being made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back