No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

No matter how hard I try I just can't see how Essendon would be so idiotic. I've got no doubts at all individual footballers are privately on the juice now and have done so before but for an illegal regime to be run through an entire club just leaves too many potential whistleblowers.

Having said that though is anyone else a bit surprised by the apparent indifference shown by footballers in what they are taking? It seems many are putting their entire trust in the doc/scientist and don't even know what it is half the time.

Nick Maxwell admitted as much yesterday on radio. Honestly if it was a situation like this where even the slightest blunder could cost me my career and $$$ I'd at least want to take the list for a second opinion?

Don't expect Ian to hang around -- first sign he can climb the sporting CEO ladder he's out of there.

:eek:-always looking for someone better to talk with
He's already climbed down the ladder once:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not sure what the AFL can do to Essendon except fine them.
They have been crap for so long it's not like they can take anything from them.

I am not sure what the AFL can do to Essendon except fine them.
They have been crap for so long it's not like they can take anything from them.
How about the ability to play? Or draft picks in the future? I hope this escalates and forces it into a situation that cannot be possibly swept under the rug. It sounds nasty, but I am so over the corruption in sport, plus it would be great to see Vlad sweat it out a bit.

How about the ability to play? Or draft picks in the future? I hope this escalates and forces it into a situation that cannot be possibly swept under the rug. It sounds nasty, but I am so over the corruption in sport, plus it would be great to see Vlad sweat it out a bit.

As long as the Hawks are clean - in every way.

We only beat Essendon by 94 points while they were pumped full of juice, makes you wonder what the real result would have been. Mark Robinson has been trying to pin stuff on Hawthorn for years and now has to get his own mob - oh the irony.

Also, Collingwood has only won 4 flags in 75 years and we have since learnt that Crossisca was abusing substances so we will have to strip 1990 from them and may have to take 2010 off them as well if the players admitting it took part in that game - that's only 2 legitimate flags in three quarters of a century for them. Also have to strip the Pies of 1927-28-29-30 and 35-36 as they had admitted to salary cap cheating at the time - it was known as the Coulter Law (3 pounds per week payment) and Collingwood players were getting illegal third party payments from rich bookmaker supporter John Wren. So they only have 2 legitimate flags since 1919, that was 94 years ago.

Sam Mitchell should be awarded the Brownlow as drug cheating is a worse way to lose a Brownlow than the little Chris Grant-Nick Holland issue that awarded the medal to Harvey in 1997. That is like the Australian athletes that lost medals to the doping East Germans in the 1980 Olympics.

As much as I enjoy watching the blowtorch applied to the bombers, I find it all incredibly disheartening. Unless it relates to a specific injury or health related issue if you medically inject something to gain a benefit in muscle growth I reckon it is performance enhancing, regardless of whether a doctor has issued the injection or not. That is my humble opinion. All teams are trying to find the edge in performance but it should be pretty bloody clear this is over the line.

Since lance armstrongs "revelations" I have wondered whether any irregular other sporting achievements or streaks have been completely clean. Michael Phelps? Black Caviar? Who is next? How would you feel if the Swans were on it? Or the Hawks for that matter? I would be devastated.

I now doubt Geelong's period of dominance and I don't enjoy that feeling as much as I hate them (with a passion). It wouldn't surprise me to find out Chapman is juiced up now I think about it, but I'd rather not be thinking about it. I would rather just accept that he is a (flog but a) champion player and hope like hell we can embarrass him come round 1.

Piss poor effort bombers. How James Hird, Mark Thompson, etc survive this will be interesting to watch.

And now "the weapon" has been stood down by Essendon. It's all happening.

Essendon's presser today was the most uncomfortable press conference you could ever see, that body language said more than their words, talk about squirming in their seats.

Did anyone notice the complete absence of the sponsor's name at the press conference?

Did anyone notice the complete absence of the sponsor's name at the press conference?

If you wanted to keep your sponsor, you wouldn't dare have a sponsors name associated with such a press conference
The fact that none of them wore the essendon brand was a bigger issue for me - how can those three be seen to be separating themselves from the issue.

This sucks. Now I doubt everything. My initial reaction was "great! couldn't happen to a better team". Now the extent of the events has sunk in it has made me wonder about other things like Geelong, Brisbane a decade ago, Brownlow winners, everything. It really will be a cloud hanging over my perceptions and enjoyment of the game for a long time.

A few days ago, Essenscum fans were baiting me about Buddy. "He's gone" they said...."Enjoy getting a glorified second rounder for the best player in the game" they said...

Where are they now? I'm really worried. I call them and they don't answer...I knock on their door and they don't answer.

:)

A few days ago, Essenscum fans were baiting me about Buddy. "He's gone" they said...."Enjoy getting a glorified second rounder for the best player in the game" they said...

Where are they now? I'm really worried. I call them and they don't answer...I knock on their door and they don't answer.

:)

Forget them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back