No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack Watts wasn't playing loose in defence, he actually was being tagged by a defensive forward(I forget who) he probably wasn't used to that.
Also he generally doesn't play loose he is usually minding an opponent which his obvious when at the game but not on TV when the commentators make shit up. Melbourne under Neeld rarely have a 7 man backline.

I think it was Wingard from memory

Either way, he was made to look silly by a second year player and looked both lost and often disinterested

Jack Watts wasn't playing loose in defence, he actually was being tagged by a defensive forward(I forget who) he probably wasn't used to that.
Also he generally doesn't play loose he is usually minding an opponent which his obvious when at the game but not on TV when the commentators make shit up. Melbourne under Neeld rarely have a 7 man backline.
"Minding an Opponent" is how his Mum would describe it. "Making up numbers" doesn't have enough of a negative implication for his lack of effort yesterday - he was woeful.

I actually quite like Watts when he can be bothered. I can't stand Melbourne but little in footy annoys me more than watching Watts waste his enormous talent.

I think it was Wingard from memory

Either way, he was made to look silly by a second year player and looked both lost and often disinterested
Whitecross and Muston have both made Dustin Fletcher look second rate playing as defensive forwards, And Hodge has been beaten a few times by players playing that role too.

It's not easy playing in the back-line and having blokes hanging off you; at least in the forward line your team mates are trying to pass to you.
Ask Heath Shaw how he went when Lewis kicked 5 on him, Poupolo kicked a few on him, and he turned the ball over the few times he got it. While Jack Watts is a pea heart that is scared to attack a contest and will give up when presented with a decent challenge, many players much better than him have failed to impact games under the same circumstances.

I agree in sentiment, but all the guys you mentioned took the game on & lost the day. Poor Jack didnt get near the contest or the ball. He wasn't pressured out of it or scragged or out-muscled, he just didn't get near it & didn't look like doing so. 7 disposals, 5 of which were handballs, with 1 tackle... Not only couldn't he get it but he couldn't get anywhere near the guy that did have it...

I don't know if he has a "pea heart" but he certainly doesn't want think that defensive acts belong on the field & as a defender (free-wheeling or not) that spells trouble.

Forget the skill errors, the umpiring is terrible.

What was that free kick to Jake King which he went on to kick the goal? High? Oh, get off it umps. Every little thing is a free kick.

Would absolutely love to see the Suns upset the Swans today, but I'd be happy just to see the Suns keep it reasonably close to prevent Sydney from coming away with too big a percentage boost. Am interested to see whether the Suns can back it up, performance wise win lose or draw, two weeks in a row or whether they don't yet have the maturity to come out and play to win each week and instead still target matches they think they can win.

Would absolutely love to see the Suns upset the Swans today, but I'd be happy just to see the Suns keep it reasonably close to prevent Sydney from coming away with too big a percentage boost. Am interested to see whether the Suns can back it up, performance wise win lose or draw, two weeks in a row or whether they don't yet have the maturity to come out and play to win each week and instead still target matches they think they can win.

The Suns are going to do some damage this year. Just have a look at the size of these kids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Suns are going to do some damage this year. Just have a look at the size of these kids.
Agreed. Their third year shold be a good year. No more second year blues. The team has had a good chance to gel and develop both physically and strategically.

Not a good start for Clinton Young today in Collingwood's VFL match, coming back from calf injury.

Didn't last more than a quarter, gone off with a reported hamstring.

Sucks for him. He's always been a bit injury prone. Hope he recovers quickly.

What's with fox footy having the score of the other games in the bottom corner ? This is new isn't it ? What about those of us that iq the other game to watch after ? If I wanted to know the score I can change the channel for 2 seconds.

What's with fox footy having the score of the other games in the bottom corner ? This is new isn't it ? What about those of us that iq the other game to watch after ? If I wanted to know the score I can change the channel for 2 seconds.

Agreed!

Did you happen to see Ricky Henderson's pecker at half time before out of interest? That was a pretty funny moment with IQ. He's not Jewish that's for sure.

Now what did I actually come here for? Oh right, James Frawley, loved that spoil before. Playing in the current side he does makes him sink to their level though. I'd love for us to liberate him at season's end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back