No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

None of the named substances are specifically banned

So I guess it's now just a case of whether some of them will be retroactively banned under some catch-all rule. Unlikely but not out of the question. I'd assume that this is the same as Essendon

None of the named substances are specifically banned

So I guess it's now just a case of whether some of them will be retroactively banned under some catch-all rule. Unlikely but not out of the question. I'd assume that this is the same as Essendon
Very true. It's the injections side of things which keeps rearing its ugly head.

Text messages with Melbourne doctor indicate that checking ASADA approval was left up to Dank alone.

Risky action, considering the possible penalties if he got it wrong, you'd think Melbourne would want some check of their own.

If Essendon had the same approach it could explain them saying they had ASADA approval but they need to do an internal review to be sure.

Talk about two clubs and two different paths since the dark old merger days....:)
Please don't remind me about Ross Oakley. He was bitter about not being selected for the grand final in 1966, so decided to take his revenge out on the VFL by trying to kill as many clubs as possible.

I'm sure most other Hawthorn fans agree with me when I say he's absolute scum. Same with Graeme Samuel.

Don Scott on the other hand...:hearts::hearts::hearts:
dscott.jpg

"What have you got? A velcro Hawk and a Melbourne guernsey!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne are so deep in it that nobody actually wants to see them punished. The club has been in the bottom range of the ladder since 2008 and look likely to repeat that. Can you imagine that? 6 seasons with absolutely zero hope of a premiership, not even a slight hope. Players leaving, coaches sacked, tankin investigations, cam Schwab and now Steve Danks.

It's tragic and sad more than anything.

Melbourne are so deep in it that nobody actually wants to see them punished. The club has been in the bottom range of the ladder since 2008 and look likely to repeat that. Can you imagine that? 6 seasons with absolutely zero hope of a premiership, not even a slight hope. Players leaving, coaches sacked, tankin investigations, cam Schwab and now Steve Danks.

It's tragic and sad more than anything.
IMO they should find a coach like Grant Thomas, who would easily be able to change the culture around at that footy club. Even if he isn't the best tactical coach he can easily get the players to play for him. Take a look at what he achieved at St. Kilda. However, he has absolutely no interest in coaching due to the way he was knifed, but I reckon he would've been a perfect fit for the Dees at this point in time.

IMO they should find a coach like Grant Thomas, who would easily be able to change the culture around at that footy club. Even if he isn't the best tactical coach he can easily get the players to play for him. Take a look at what he achieved at St. Kilda. However, he has absolutely no interest in coaching due to the way he was knifed, but I reckon he would've been a perfect fit for the Dees at this point in time.
Interesting observation. You're right, just what they need.

Just when everybody thinks Melbourne has hit rock bottom, they manage to find a shovel and dig themselves further down. No hope for the failed club who failed in their conspiracy to take over the Hawks1
Som nom nar, which is Thai for 'serves them right!'

Why don't they join forces with the Western Bulldogs and become the Melbourne Dogs!

Just when everybody thinks Melbourne has hit rock bottom, they manage to find a shovel and dig themselves further down. No hope for the failed club who failed in their conspiracy to take over the Hawks1
Som nom nar, which is Thai for 'serves them right!'

Why don't they join forces with the Western Bulldogs and become the Melbourne Dogs!
They're the closest thing I've seen since Fitzroy to a club that needs to be taken out the back and shot.

However, Fitzroy were expunged as part of a national league agenda. Now that same agenda (national league + broadcast agreements) mean that Melbourne must continue to exist.

They'll be on life support for another 3-4 years at least, which brings it to almost a full decade of desolation. Dark, dark days.

Whitecross looks ready.
Holy shitbricks Batman!! o_O
Maybe looking at our next Hodge / Sewell / Mitchell replacement right there, all in one. Hope his endurance can keep up with his increased size, he looks bigger through the core and is built like a taller Mitchell. I wonder what his pace is like since the knee and if he keeps his ability to weave through tight traffic. Hope so, could be a possible future captain I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back