No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I dislike the scum, their wins have been good ones and they have a good mix of quick smalls and strong talls. How much of their wins have been played on emotion and how long they can sustain this type of intensity remains to be seen.
Essendon play one kind of footy well - running out of defence in numbers and moving the ball quickly. But when it gets tight they look awful. No better example of that than the Freo game. First half the game was tight and Bombers sucked. Second half the game was open and they ran riot.

Essendon play one kind of footy well - running out of defence in numbers and moving the ball quickly. But when it gets tight they look awful. No better example of that than the Freo game. First half the game was tight and Bombers sucked. Second half the game was open and they ran riot.

Yep, they're front runners. A real confidence team.

I was watching the game down at our cricket club on Friday night with 8-10 blokes and 3 of them are Bombers diehards. They were really depressed at half time (much to my amusement) but I actually said to them that being a pack of front running moos might work in their favour as Freo had completely shut down and if the Bombers got 2 in a row they would be hard to stop. Disappointingly, I proved to be correct.

Is this tongue in cheek?

Maybe doesn't get spoken about too much in Perth but is talked up regularly here in Melbourne, even too much IMO.

eg. Had this from Nathan Brown before round 1:

"Having been a player in the last 30 years, there is no better player than Cotchin. He is a freak. I have never seen him lose a one-on-one contest."

Maybe it is the living in sheltered Lil ole Perth but I still don't think he gets the gush that some get
And as for brown just like you he is entitled to an opinion and yer it's over the top but he obviously really enjoys watching him

I don't like Essendon, and until Lyon took over Freo I had a soft spot for them. But I really hate Lyon's style of game. It says a lot that watching during the game I really wanted Essendon to win. If Freo loose enough games hopefully they'll have to change and become more constructive and exciting. Lyon just destroys any joy in the game. If he ever comes to Hawthorn I'll burn my membership!

Maybe it is the living in sheltered Lil ole Perth but I still don't think he gets the gush that some get
And as for brown just like you he is entitled to an opinion and yer it's over the top but he obviously really enjoys watching him

Don't get me wrong, I think Cotchin is a superb footballer and the best young player in the game. I just don't see how anyone (maybe it is outside Melbourne?) could think he is under the radar/under rated whatever. Gets talked up and talked about regularly and also won the MVP last season, I think that shows the recognition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read on the main board the blues are into a Hawthorn player (developed player). Assuming a forward in the context of the thread. Anyone heard anything or have any ideas? They could throw a truckload at big Rough promising to play him as the main key forward. Not rumour mongering just for discussion.

Read on the main board the blues are into a Hawthorn player (developed player). Assuming a forward in the context of the thread. Anyone heard anything or have any ideas? They could throw a truckload at big Rough promising to play him as the main key forward. Not rumour mongering just for discussion.
Oh I don't know, perhaps Buddy? :cool:
Roughy is contracted until the end of next year for what it's worth (re-signed for 4 years in 2010)

They couldn't throw a truckload at anyone. Keep in mind they have to fund Judd's visy deal in the cap now too.

What thread was this in?

"have a feeling"
"may"

Come on, I "have a feeling" I "may" be getting some tonight. But I won't be.

Didn't say there was anything in it. Just kicking the breeze and thought it was an interesting comment. I do not have a clue who he might have been referring to.

I saw that post.

Developed KPF at Hawthorn? You've got Buddy, Roughead, Hale or arguably Gunston that could fit into that category.

Roughy signed up
Buddy unsigned - yet I don't see Carlton having the chops to lure him (hell, they couldn't get Cloke across with Sir Mick holding out the lollipop).
Hale - not sure they're in the market for another ruckman that is only so-so as a forward
Gunston - don't think he fits the description of 'developed'.

So I'll assume it's about Buddy, in which case I'm sure they're trying, but just as sure they won't get him. Carry on.

Didn't say there was anything in it. Just kicking the breeze and thought it was an interesting comment. I do not have a clue who he might have been referring to.
All good, was just mucking around. Every second person and his/her dog seems to hear a rumour and feel them MainBoard worthy these days so I've simply stopped listening, with the thought being the one or two things that end up being true will come out shortly afterwards anyhow.

"may be eying"
look.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back