No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might help if they drafted a few blokes who could actually play football ...

The fact they attempted to hijack Wrighty away from us, with what was reported to be a multi-million dollar deal, at least suggests they are on the right track to both identifying & addressing their inherent issues!....With where their list is at, then drafting is their only hope for a way out!

They have finally lurched out of the delusional, denial & anger loop into the realms of acceptance of where they are truly at as a football club....The doledrums!

The fact they attempted to hijack Wrighty away from us, with what was reported to be a multi-million dollar deal, at least suggests they are on the right track to both identifying & addressing their inherent issues!....With where their list is at, then drafting is their only hope for a way out!

They have finally lurched out of the delusional, denial & anger loop into the realms of acceptance of where they are truly at as a football club....The doledrums!
Instead of paying heaps for a good list manager they should just go ahead and do the complete opposite of what their current dud says to do. May not work but I guarantee they won't be any worse off.

Not sure if this is widely known but i heard the real reason about Christensen leaving Geelong. I thought it was because he got someone pregnant, but i heard yesterday he was ****ing Lonergans missus, thats why they both requested trades and why Lonergan signed a new deal as soon as Christensen was gone. Heard there was a punch up on the training track as well. Could all be rumours but interesting story anyway.

Not sure if this is widely known but i heard the real reason about Christensen leaving Geelong. I thought it was because he got someone pregnant, but i heard yesterday he was ******* Lonergans missus, thats why they both requested trades and why Lonergan signed a new deal as soon as Christensen was gone. Heard there was a punch up on the training track as well. Could all be rumours but interesting story anyway.

Yeah - it is fairly widely known - not sure about the punch up though

The only advantage I could see, would be to the economy of Ballarat with the visiting public from surrounding districts & Melbourne.....But yeah, it reeks of politics to be blatantly honest!

This is good in theory. The problem is, Ballarat is only an hours drive from the western suburbs, and as you said it is a freezing cold hole with icy winds that cut right through you.
So nobody is going to stay overnight and spend extra money there. They will hit the road and get home as fast as possible for a long hot shower to get the blood circulating again. Bulldog fans will end up furious because instead of sitting under the roof at Etihad in a crowd of 22,000 they will have to drive to Ballarat, then sit huddled under two raincoats, three blankets and eight pairs of thermal underwear in a crowd of 6,500. If I was a Doggie supporter this would make me more likely to vote for Napthine!!

The only people who will stay in Ballarat a moment longer will be the ones queuing up at the local emergency ward to get treatment for their frostbite, pneumonia and hypothermia!

Will make for good viewing though when the Lions and Cats meet.

Anyone recall a Carlton v Hawthorn match years ago at Princes Park where it was obvious Silvagni had it in for Jencke? At one stage a fight broke in the centre and Silvagni ran past the fight to try and lay in Jencke. Strong rumour at the time was Silvagni's best half was parking her slippers under Jencke's bed, but I don't know that to be fact.

Anyone recall a Carlton v Hawthorn match years ago at Princes Park where it was obvious Silvagni had it in for Jencke? At one stage a fight broke in the centre and Silvagni ran past the fight to try and lay in Jencke. Strong rumour at the time was Silvagni's best half was parking her slippers under Jencke's bed, but I don't know that to be fact.

Hadn't heard that one AH:eek::oops:

Strong rumour at the time was Silvagni's best half was parking her slippers under Jencke's bed, but I don't know that to be fact.

Half his luck!....I always considered Jencke to be somewhat of a highly skilled though easy-ball player who avoided the body contact at all costs....In other words: A total soft ****....However, if your scuttle-butt is true, then there are clear grounds for a re-assessment on that one!o_O

Half his luck!....I always considered Jencke to be somewhat of a highly skilled though easy-ball player who avoided the body contact at all costs....In other words: A total soft ****....However, if your scuttle-butt is true, then there are clear grounds for a re-assessment on that one!o_O

You suggesting Jenke went when it was his turn!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is good in theory. The problem is, Ballarat is only an hours drive from the western suburbs, and as you said it is a freezing cold hole with icy winds that cut right through you.
So nobody is going to stay overnight and spend extra money there. They will hit the road and get home as fast as possible for a long hot shower to get the blood circulating again. Bulldog fans will end up furious because instead of sitting under the roof at Etihad in a crowd of 22,000 they will have to drive to Ballarat, then sit huddled under two raincoats, three blankets and eight pairs of thermal underwear in a crowd of 6,500. If I was a Doggie supporter this would make me more likely to vote for Napthine!!

The only people who will stay in Ballarat a moment longer will be the ones queuing up at the local emergency ward to get treatment for their frostbite, pneumonia and hypothermia!

Whatever it takes to slow down the franchise teams form the north, wholl be ther almost as often as the doggies

Actually I said the ground was situated in a freezing cold, blustery & inhospitable position!!!....Tourists can always visit the Medieval Castle, Sovereign Hill, the Creswick state Forest or even Daylesford/Hepburn Springs which is quite a beautiful place & only half an hours drive away!....There is also Lake Wendouree & it's beautiful Botanical gardens, or they could see the Koalas atop Mount Bunninyong. Finally, they could watch the re-enactment of the Eureka Stockade: 'Blood on the Sovereign Cross" which takes place at night!...To stave off the hypothermia there is a plethora of drinking holes conveniently dotted throughout the town!

Yes, Ballarat has a propensity to be cold with it's wind chill factor....But if you love mushroom hunting then there's no better place to be in the winter;)

Yeah I'd heard that. Screw you Carlton.............and your missus too. :p:oops:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/silvagnis-rage.171249/

That's a thread from 2005 recalling the same rumour. Interesting if true.

Hawthorn may build new mega training base away from Waverley

PREMIERSHIP coach Alastair Clarkson is using his Manchester City fact-finding mission to borrow ideas as Hawthorn considers building a massive new training base away from Waverley Park.

Hawthorn is tossing up whether to spend $35 million doubling the size of its footy facilities at Waverley or find an entirely new site to build on undeveloped land.

As recently as last March Hawthorn had committed to expanding Waverley but the Herald Sun understands spending $50 million on a new home is still a real possibility.

The club will again declare a monster profit of about $3 million which will help bank cash to go towards the expansion.

Clarkson is in England, where he admitted he had effectively become an EPL-style manager rather than a one-on-one coach.

He said Manchester City’s enormous training base provided food for thought for the Hawks, keen to stay ahead of the pack in regard to their facilities.

“There is a fair amount of expense taken to produce a facility like that and we are looking to perhaps do something like that ourselves in the years to come,’’ he said.

“We are wondering ourselves with our training base in Melbourne whether it is going to be big enough to sustain us as a professional club in the long-term so we are exploring facilities as we speak.

“We visited Tottenham Hotspur last year and their facility is similar to Man City’s. In Australia it won’t be on that scale but to look at the logistics and how they have gone about building the facilities is great for us.”

Triple-premiership coach Clarkson told the club’s website from England he believed he had morphed into more of a manager than coach.

“I am the longest-serving coach in the competition which is a little bit unusual but it is more of a management position than it is a coaching position,’’ he said.

“We have only gone professional in the last 20-30 years and prior to that the coach took control of most of the training but I have got a delegation of duties to about 10-12 coaches who assist us in getting players ready and I don’t do as much one-on-one coaching as in the first part of my career.

“When I first started we had a young squad and now it’s much more experienced and I delegate to the senior players to coach the younger players, too.

“My role has changed significantly over the year but hopefully it has helped us stay on top of the game.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...rss&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back