No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
His first fine was for wrestling, second for striking, they don't come under the same list for the 3 offenses in one season policy
Wrestling is fixed financial, striking is classifiable offense as it can be graded.
His next wrestling or striking will be higher fines, wrestling will only ever be a fine so he could get 4 of those in one year and not get suspended, third tummy tap would be a suspension though

Is a punch penalty treated differently if a player strikes?

Is a punch penalty treated differently if a player strikes?
Quite a few options.
They have a grading system for some actions like punching, kneeing headbutt etc where the grade can be anything from a fine to direct referral to tribunal.
Then you have fixed fines for things like wrestling and ump abuse

Will west coast and the afl cop a backlash for this thursday night's game against the bombers, like hawks did a few fridays ago?
Somehow it was hawthorn's fault for turning up when they were told to and for beating them, that the rest of the country were forced to watch.

Will west coast and the afl cop a backlash for this thursday night's game against the bombers, like hawks did a few fridays ago?
Somehow it was hawthorn's fault for turning up when they were told to and for beating them, that the rest of the country were forced to watch.

Very much so.

They were noncompetitive, all people want to see them be is competitive.

If they are competitive you won't see any but if they are noncompetitive I dare say you will see backlash!

I'd say the next two are extremely important, Sydney particularly important as we are competiting with them for top 4.

Interestingly we play them on the back of 2 x 6 day breaks, could be a good time to get them but this is the one match that I have us going in as underdogs for the remainder of the year.

We have moved into 2nd place in the betting @ $5.
$wines are $1.66 for that match.

Last edited:
View attachment 261033 View attachment 261030 There's sure as hell plenty of more room down there for these floggers;

View attachment 261027View attachment 261028View attachment 261027
I love this in Wikipedia about Russell

Dwayne "Foghorn" Russell (born 4 March 1965) is a former professional Australian rules footballer and currently a terrible commentator of the sport.

Thanks for this LVM. Made my day. :thumbsu:

Edit: check out the last sentence under football commentary. :D

No one wants to see a non-competitive Essendon*? Piss off! Even if they* were to wallow at the bottom of the ladder for eternity, that would be too good for them*. FLICKERS* should rightfully have been kicked out. But in the meantime, our game against them* remains their* only 100-point loss for the season...so far. :D

That's ridiculous.

You're kidding aren't you?

When there is quality games on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon when people have junior footy or other required events, all neutral fans want to see a good game of footy, that was anything but.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 261033 View attachment 261030 There's sure as hell plenty of more room down there for these floggers;

View attachment 261027View attachment 261028View attachment 261027
I love this in Wikipedia about Russell

Dwayne "Foghorn" Russell (born 4 March 1965) is a former professional Australian rules footballer and currently a terrible commentator of the sport.

Dwayne "Season On The Line" Russell. How many times has he blurted out this old chestnut over the years? Just about every game from mid-season onwards. Usually it was July, then it became June and this year it was a game in May where some bottom team was playing another bottom team and a shot on goal put someone's SOTL. It missed and the season was alive again.

Here's a tip for someone whose Footy IQ is less than a Freo v Lions Wet Weather Aurora Stadium Round 23 17v18 Dangerfield's kid as number 1 draft pick aggregate score- if your season is on the line in May, it ain't. Stop this sensationalist speculative crap and just commentate - or better still, don't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know if a player can still be suspended for attempted striking?

I know Cyril was. I am pretty sure it is still part of the MRP decisions.

Talking MRP, I was listening to SEN this morning, I can't recall whether it was the Gnome or Smith, I actually agreed with them. They said that there should be no ex afl players on the MRP. I totally agree, the suggestion was perhaps 3 lawyers could be on the panel judging whether it was a fair or unfair action. Like they said the players have biased opinions about different clubs. Spot on, we found that out many times!
It's time the AFL got rid of them.But,they won't.:rolleyes:

Talking MRP, I was listening to SEN this morning, I can't recall whether it was the Gnome or Smith, I actually agreed with them. They said that there should be no ex afl players on the MRP. I totally agree, the suggestion was perhaps 3 lawyers could be on the panel judging whether it was a fair or unfair action. Like they said the players have biased opinions about different clubs. Spot on, we found that out many times!
This is where its totally baffling. If the rule is still part of mrp decisions, how on earth then can a player strike another , get found guilty and
not suspended or found not guilty because of "low impact". So a player can have a swing and miss, get suspended as opposed to actually
physically striking and player gets off! I forgot the Cyril one but this doesn't make sense.

Very much so.

They were noncompetitive, all people want to see them be is competitive.

If they are competitive you won't see any but if they are noncompetitive I dare say you will see backlash!
You're kidding aren't you?

When there is quality games on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon when people have junior footy or other required events, all neutral fans want to see a good game of footy, that was anything but.

I'm pretty sure there is a BIG RED BANNER that says NO OPPOSITION SUPPORTERS for this thread

I heard that too. I have no problems with them being ex-players on two provisos. 1) They must not have retired recently, they have to have been out of the game for a few years so they are not adjudicating on their former teammates, and 2) they must not have another role either within the media or related to the AFL in any other way. This seems to apply to the Tribunal but not the MRP, for example Richard Loveridge (a former player) is on the tribunal but he has not retired recently and has no other role related to football as far as I am aware. Having people like Harford, Sewell, Ball, Christian etc. on the MRP is a joke IMO.

Last edited:
Haha quite ironic, I am a hawthorn supporter. I just see the other side unlike you.

You have Adelaide as your team in your profile though could he confusing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back