No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you need another reason to follow the doggies, Peter Gordon on SEN on SEN this morning acknowledged the off field help Hawthorn had provided in the last week or so. I think it was around sponsors, coteries, organizing functions etc that sort of stuff
Says more about our club, and their willingness to lift clubs to our level, rather than subscribe to the leagues backwards notion that the successful clubs should be brought down to the low levels of others

Says more about our club, and their willingness to lift clubs to our level, rather than subscribe to the leagues backwards notion that the successful clubs should be brought down to the low levels of others

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong - Rev. William J. H. Boetcker

:rolleyes: - if only the AFL prescribed to this

Last edited:

Yup. Screw $hitney.

We all remember the last time they thrashed their preliminary final opponent, right?

Your signature pretty much sums it up for me. Unless a current Bulldogs player has personally unforgivably wronged you - then I don't see how you could support $ydney as a neutral.

quote-you-can-t-make-a-weak-man-strong-by-making-a-strong-man-weak-abraham-lincoln-39-26-16.jpg

:rolleyes: - if only the AFL prescribed to this

abraham-lincoln-dildo-quote-meme.jpg

Just to point out that Lincoln never said either of our quotes.

abraham-lincoln-dildo-quote-meme.jpg

Just to point out that Lincoln never said either of our quotes.

Interesting. I always thought he did say it, apparently he did not.

Learn a new thing daily. Cheers.

Non-Lincoln "You Cannot" Quotation

These sentiments were created by the Rev. William J. H. Boetcker, who lectured around the United States about industrial relations at the turn of the twentieth century. There is no evidence linking them to Lincoln as the author.

At one time President Ronald Reagan used them in a speech, wrongly attributing them to Lincoln. Those who are familiar with Lincoln's writings recognize that these statements do not reflect Lincoln's "voice," nor can they be found in any authentic Lincoln literature.

You cannot bring prosperity by discouraging thrift.
You cannot help small men by tearing down big men.
You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.
You cannot help the poor man by destroying the rich.
You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than your income.
You cannot further brotherhood of men by inciting class hatred.
You cannot establish security on borrowed money.
You cannot build character and courage by taking away man's initiative and independence.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.

Interesting. I always thought he did say it, apparently he did not.

Learn a new thing daily. Cheers.

Non-Lincoln "You Cannot" Quotation

These sentiments were created by the Rev. William J. H. Boetcker, who lectured around the United States about industrial relations at the turn of the twentieth century. There is no evidence linking them to Lincoln as the author.

At one time President Ronald Reagan used them in a speech, wrongly attributing them to Lincoln. Those who are familiar with Lincoln's writings recognize that these statements do not reflect Lincoln's "voice," nor can they be found in any authentic Lincoln literature.

You cannot bring prosperity by discouraging thrift.
You cannot help small men by tearing down big men.
You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.
You cannot help the poor man by destroying the rich.
You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than your income.
You cannot further brotherhood of men by inciting class hatred.
You cannot establish security on borrowed money.
You cannot build character and courage by taking away man's initiative and independence.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.

Almost all quotes you see on pictures are pretty much BS. It's like Ghandi said 'if it's on the Internet, it's best to be a sceptical mofo, bitches'.

Random question time:

So what's the correct pronunciation of Jaegar O'Meara's christian his name? :
Jay-gar or Yay-gar.
I've heard it said both ways.

The German name it stems from is 'Yay-gar'. People pronounce things differently all the time though - I had a teacher with the surname Cahill who pronounced it 'Carl' whereas Tim Cahill has it pronounced 'Kay-hill'.

Fun fact - Jäger (of which Jaeger is a variant) means hunter in German!

If you need another reason to follow the doggies, Peter Gordon on SEN on SEN this morning acknowledged the off field help Hawthorn had provided in the last week or so. I think it was around sponsors, coteries, organizing functions etc that sort of stuff
Back in the 40s/50s legendary Hawk head trainer "Beau" Wallace often was asked to help and did help other teams
who were playing in the finals and was happy to help.

Dogs' final campaign reminds me of Hawthorn's 2008 campaign. A young team and underdogs, but blistering finals form. Wouldn't be surprised if they got up.

Go Dogs!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs' final campaign reminds me of Hawthorn's 2008 campaign. A young team and underdogs, but blistering finals form. Wouldn't be surprised if they got up.

Go Dogs!
If you're familiar with the 'Squiggle' ratings (check AFL mainboard if not) then this comparison is apt. Hawthorn beat Geelong in the 2008 GF despite Geelong being rated clearly superior in both attacking and defending prowess by the Squiggle. Now in 2016 Sydney holds the same relative rankings over the Doggies. I believe the underdog winning the flag in this scenario hasn't happened in decades outside of 2008. But then when was the last time (if ever) a team has made the GF from outside the 4 under this finals system?

Concur but.

Both hawks and cats were well in the cups zone of squiggle, neither dogs or swans are, they are in the sydney twiligt zone.

Doggies also made a mockery of the similat squiggle relationship in the prelim

If you're familiar with the 'Squiggle' ratings (check AFL mainboard if not) then this comparison is apt. Hawthorn beat Geelong in the 2008 GF despite Geelong being rated clearly superior in both attacking and defending prowess by the Squiggle. Now in 2016 Sydney holds the same relative rankings over the Doggies. I believe the underdog winning the flag in this scenario hasn't happened in decades outside of 2008. But then when was the last time (if ever) a team has made the GF from outside the 4 under this finals system?
Difference this year is that 'top 4' quality ran 6 deep. Look how the structure of the 8 changed in the last three weeks.

Was hoping for GWS to win the whole lot just to set the cat amongst the pigeons, but now I'm begrudgingly on the Dogs as I have to respect what they've done this year injury wise, I love Picken and I just can't support Sydney. Ever. Times Infinity.

Especially now that the same old BS "Bloods" crap is back out in the media. Mainly from the Sydney media who actually have no idea what that was or the fact that it doesn't exist anymore (it was a South Melbourne thing and they are extinct, sticking 'SMFC' on your back doesn't change that).

And also "GO STORM!!!!"

Back in the 40s/50s legendary Hawk head trainer "Beau" Wallace often was asked to help and did help other teams
who were playing in the finals and was happy to help.
There's a famous Hawthorn name from the past. He was a friend of my father's, always Mr. Wallace to me; he had a French Polishing business in Burwood Road. Would always let me to the players he was rubbing down.

Allowed to wear footy stuff all week, I plan on wearing Hawthorn stuff until the final day where I will show up in Swans gear #mastertroll ☺

You seriously need help, dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back