No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Damn Collingwood play a good brand of Football. Hope Mitchell and co. are taking notes.
Their forward line is super handy.

I disagreed with those here who have said it was full of “no names” or uninspiring players.

They work their arses off for each other and keep the ball inside 50. That doesn’t take talent, just desire and effort. No defender is safe.

Fun team to watch

Collingwoods winning margins are no longer a talking point. They are playing some pretty good footy very early in the season. I don’t know if there is much in the way of injuries at present other than Howe, but their cohesion in a ballistic game plan is something else.

Their collective want to run just as hard defensively as they do offensively is to be admired

Admittedly not watching live - but looking at stats, and unless he's been injured, seems JHF is not justifying no. 1 pick?

ward, cmac and frenchy all shown more promise in their AFL careers than JHF (And yes I'm biased. Obviously. )

Admittedly not watching live - but looking at stats, and unless he's been injured, seems JHF is not justifying no. 1 pick?

ward, cmac and frenchy all shown more promise in their AFL careers than JHF (And yes I'm biased. Obviously. )
JHF BOG last week. Kid is a freak and will be for a decade.

Nah, JHF was awesome last week against the vaunted Brisbane midfield.

Watching the first half today - he was a physical presence, he's an aggressive physical animal, but he was giving away multiple frees.

Ah well there is some merit to no 1 pick them 😅
Nah, JHF was awesome last week against the vaunted Brisbane midfield.

Watching the first half today - he was a physical presence, he's an aggressive physical animal, but he was giving away multiple frees.
ahh yes I didn't pay much attention last week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwoods winning margins are no longer a talking point. They are playing some pretty good footy very early in the season. I don’t know if there is much in the way of injuries at present other than Howe, but their cohesion in a ballistic game plan is something else.

Their collective want to run just as hard defensively as they do offensively is to be admired
The margin thing was petty nonsense from people clutching at straws last year. Much the same as the several years worth of Geelong going off the cliff posts - very often from the same people

Did you miss the Richmond premierships.
Richmond were quick, but they were scrappy, and not afraid to defend.
Collingwood seems more loose defensively, relying on a turnover and then they swarm forward.
It looks great, is it premiership footy though?
Wasn’t that the rub on hawks 2012-16? Too pretty? Then finals came
Hawks were always called vanilla. Definitely not a pretty side

Richmond were quick, but they were scrappy, and not afraid to defend.
Collingwood seems more loose defensively, relying on a turnover and then they swarm forward.
It looks great, is it premiership footy though?

Hawks were always called vanilla. Definitely not a pretty side
I think you are under estimating the Pies defensive efforts.
Rich were no quicker than this Pies team, if anything, I’d argue the pies are quicker. It’s the quick ball movement that is the constant.

The pies have one superstar KP player. Very unusual

Thomas was one of our best players in the 2012 Prelim , should never have been dropped for the GF in my opinion. Agree that Savage or Ellis should have been dropped if Hodge had to come in, even though he was no where near fit.
So what we’re saying is Ellis playing and Murphy being dropped is the reason we went on to the three peat 😅

There is much to like about Collingwood - good coach, no Eddie, the Daicos brothers, game style

But JDG? Sorry, that just drags everything down.

All signs after just over a year suggest McRae is a gun coach
He was already a gun coach when he joined us in 2021.

Had coached for 15 yrs in the AFL system at Richmond (aligned - Coburg VFL senior coach), Collingwood, Brisbane, Richmond (VFL premiership coach), then us.

We could have replaced Clarkson with McRae. We chose not to, and the Pies are the beneficiaries.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Back