No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Mine was the bloke who announced after the game that he was going to punch himself "in the dick for the next hour".

It's both next level sadomasochistic behaviour and insane reaction.
Oh, I don't know, it seems pretty reasonable behaviour to me. I mean, if I was a Port (or Norf, or Saints)fan, I would probably want to do that, too.

It baffles me how North and West Coast get more “Prime time” games, then what we did. We were clearly the better side of the 3 last year. Least it’s not as bad as 2014, where for about a 6 week period, their Friday highlight was Carlton getting smashed.

We should be insisting on more tv prime time slots next year. As we are an attractive team to watch.

Genuinely confused by Port as a club.
Simultaneously don't know why they're as bad as they are, but also don't know why expectations on them are so high.

The port Sack Ken thread I think is a little tragic, but I don't see how the club manages its way through this level of internal scrutiny.
Their list is propped up by a very good midfield. Not really much beyond that to get excited about. Still Port supporters expect them to be top of the ladder for some reason.

Ken’s time is clearly up, it looks like the list needs a clean up and a mini reset as well.

Booing the coach though is garbage behaviour.

Oh, I don't know, it seems pretty reasonable behaviour to me. I mean, if I was a Port (or Norf, or Saints)fan, I would probably want to do that, too.
I dunno. I've been through some pretty nasty stuff in my life and even disregarding that, I sat through us being smashed by Port by 138 and 96 in successive years at freezing cold Football Park and never once did I think I should punch myself in the dick for an hour afterwards.

But, each to their own. As I've always said to my offspring; your body, your choice.

What's the context here?

The club shit on his 12yo daughter and threatened to report him to the AFL for swearing they did them a favour? ...what? :drunk:
I think it was something to do with the 12 yr old was supposed to meet the players post match but after the loss the meet got scrapped (from what I remember in the sack hinkley thread)

You do know if you spend too much time on other teams boards the portal could close and you'll be stuck there forever 😂 😂 😂
the sack hinkley thread is the expression of passion being frustrated and dismissed by their own club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fixtures special formula declared that North Melbourne are definitely worthy of prime time television in front of 15 k

Also swans v crows blockbuster beamed prime time in Melbourne instead of tigers c hawks in front of 93k at the G

Clever channel 7 very clever

Your point notwithstanding - Saturday night isn’t prime time. People go out on weekends - the prime time games are Thursday and Friday.

I dunno. I've been through some pretty nasty stuff in my life and even disregarding that, I sat through us being smashed by Port by 138 and 96 in successive years at freezing cold Football Park and never once did I think I should punch myself in the dick for an hour afterwards.

But, each to their own. As I've always said to my offspring; your body, your choice.
The difference is, mate, you are a Hawk supporter, not a Port supporter. Put yourself in their shoes.

the sack hinkley thread is the expression of passion being frustrated and dismissed by their own club

I love that thread - I wish the Raiders had fans that passionate who wouldn’t put up with an incompetent, nepotistic board who are more intent on looking after the boy’s club than winning premierships.

The difference is, mate, you are a Hawk supporter, not a Port supporter. Put yourself in their shoes.
A 60% + winning rate and a bunch of finals and prelims. North and saints supporters would punch themselves in the dick just to get to that level.

I can’t think of a season when they supposedly should have won the flag. They probably deserved to play in at least one GF in his tenure but it’s hardly been a massive flop or choke.

It baffles me how North and West Coast get more “Prime time” games, then what we did. We were clearly the better side of the 3 last year. Least it’s not as bad as 2014, where for about a 6 week period, their Friday highlight was Carlton getting smashed.

We should be insisting on more tv prime time slots next year. As we are an attractive team to watch.
We aren't a TV team
At our best people tune out because they hate us, and at our worst we don't have the drawing power of people tuning in to watch a train wreck

Booing the coach though is garbage behaviour.

Nah, I’m here for it. If the club’s board won’t do its job then the fans have every right to give them a heads up. 13 years of squandering some fairly decent lists there and continually getting extensions having delivered nothing - I’d be furious too.

Is there anyone at port that may come our way on the cheap now...except for Hinkley
I want Butters for the fact that I can use the phrase ‘that’s his bread and butters!’

He also plays football alright too as an added bonus.

It's also an example of hubris, entitlement and the magical thinking that their SANFL form would immediately catapult them into heavyweight status.

It's a supporter group that is notoriously fickle. They could find their way to Football Park when things were going well, but then it was interesting to hear a reframed argument when the tarps came out that the non-attendance was a protest against the SANFL because they felt they weren't getting enough money from them.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Back