No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

The West Australian is an absolute garbage tier organisation… look at their front cover this morning absolutely disgusting and tasteless.

View attachment 2044096

I wouldn’t mind him back at the hawks, Sam has been coached by and coached with him so will be a good judge.
Calling the West Australian a rag would be an insult to rags which are actually quite useful.

Simmo is easily one of the nicest blokes in footy and to respond in this way to fair criticism is atrocious. Why you'd go to print with this I have no idea, just mock it up and put it in the bin if you need catharsis that bad.

Maybe Simmo may wish to stay in W.A, he has a young family and a lot of expats seem to settle in Perth after their sporting careers end, ie Gilly, Pavlich. W.A market for ex AFL coach's may be limited though.
On another note, does anyone else think Izak Rankine's 4 week ban is high? I know it was off the ball but to me it seems extreme for a bump that went wrong.

Maybe Simmo may wish to stay in W.A, he has a young family and a lot of expats seem to settle in Perth after their sporting careers end, ie Gilly, Pavlich. W.A market for ex AFL coach's may be limited though.
On another note, does anyone else think Izak Rankine's 4 week ban is high? I know it was off the ball but to me it seems extreme for a bump that went wrong.
Yeah 4 is high. Just happy it was at least 3 so he misses against us ;)

It's a tough one, the AFL penalising the outcome and not the action has always bothered me. It gets even more confusing when they appear to be penalising the outcome of one (Rankine), and the action of another (Heeney).

A fairer penalty for the bump would have been Rankine copping a red card and being forced to sit out, maybe cop a week or two. With Heeney, if the goal is to stop players from throwing blind backhands you need to ping them for it regardless of whether it gives someone a bloody nose or just bounces off their chest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine if he misses a Brownlow because of Zac Webster slipping over? Just a disgraceful decision imo.
Agreed. He was kind of apologetic after Webster went to ground. Almost helped him down, before leading for the ball.
It was like, excuse me, I need to go and mark this now.
Imagine if once he had marked it he then deliberately kicked the ball out of bounds, like what soccer players do when an opponent is injured. Robbo's head would explode..

I didn’t know exactly where to post this so here goes.

I went to the St Kilda versus Sydney game on Sunday with my son who was wearing his Hawthorn gear.

The reason we went is because he loves football and can’t play his regular game in Jrs due to needing an upcoming operation.

We have been really worried and my son has been upset about this and whilst at the game Campbell Brown came over and spoke to him.

Yesterday Campbell Brown sent my son a video message which really lifted his spirits.

I wanted to publicly thank Browny for his kindness and thinking of my son and taking the time to send that message.

It meant the world to him and us. Thank you Campbell Brown.

I didn’t know exactly where to post this so here goes.

I went to the St Kilda versus Sydney game on Sunday with my son who was wearing his Hawthorn gear.

The reason we went is because he loves football and can’t play his regular game in Jrs due to needing an upcoming operation.

We have been really worried and my son has been upset about this and whilst at the game Campbell Brown came over and spoke to him.

Yesterday Campbell Brown sent my son a video message which really lifted his spirits.

I wanted to publicly thank Browny for his kindness and thinking of my son and taking the time to send that message.

It meant the world to him and us. Thank you Campbell Brown.

fantastic from brown dog. best wishes to your son & family hopefully all goes well 👍

Time and time again, they media know a coach is finishing up but the breaks is a couple of weeks later.

I’d strongly suggest monetary discussions are the reason.

One exception is Jeff with Clarko. Too public and too drawn out. Last night one thing Jeff did say last night that Clarko was probably worth the extra mill after 14 years 4 flags
Any sensible business invests in the future, not payouts for the past.

Clarko has sh@t on our club in the past 2 seasons and shown himself to be undeserving of the golden handshake he was given.

Whatever one’s opinion, Jeff did say he Clarko probably deserved it in reflection
He did - and I think that's rubbish.

Pretty much everything that came out of Jeff's mouth during that interview was disrespectful.

His reactions were sanctimonious and he reminded me of my father (same age) who has reached a point where he can never be wrong and anyone who suggests he is wrong is treated with contempt.

Not saying the panel was much better by the way - hence it was an absolute embarrassment for all involved.

Thank goodness, for the club's sake, Gowers is more respectful and statesmanlike.

Any sensible business invests in the future, not payouts for the past.

Clarko has sh@t on our club in the past 2 seasons and shown himself to be undeserving of the golden handshake he was given.
Jeff clearly through his teeth, he was paid out because the club were contractually obligated to, despite Jeff trying everything in his power to avoid it at the time.

No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Back