No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

And its literally because our sub was 33 and their late in was 19.
Absolute spun BS.
The starting 22 certainly wasnt younger.
You kinda need to look at the teams in context as well. Arguably the most important place to have experience is the midfield and they had more across the board.

Most athletic isn’t remotely laughable. Subjective, sure - laughable, no. The only team sport that comes close to average distance run per game is soccer and that isn’t a contact sport and soccer players couldn’t take marks like Aussie Rules players do. Not to mention they crumple in a heap at the first sign of contact. Add to this the endurance level as there isn’t another team sport out there that has games played consistently over 2 hours each match. Not even Gaelic or hurling play that long.

I’m certain there are many sports that have impressive athletic specimens playing them - but it’s not ‘laughable’ to say that Aussie Rules is one of the most athletic games in the world.
That guy moved to the states a few years ago and is now completely full of all things 'merica Kool-Aid.

That guy moved to the states a few years ago and is now completely full of all things 'merica KoKool-Aid
Lived in Europe for many years as well. Im not anti/pro any sports, just a little more educated on other sports than I was 10 years ago. Interestingly the players you follow at the Hawks are all pretty obsessed with US sports. That's why they spend their off season over here. They be drinking more kokool aid than me. 😁

Lived in Europe for many years as well. Im not anti/pro any sports, just a little more educated on other sports than I was 10 years ago. Interestingly the players you follow at the Hawks are all pretty obsessed with US sports. That's why they spend their off season over here. They be drinking more kokool aid than me. 😁

Mate I love US sports, I’ve watched all of them as much as I could since my teens. I love most sports and will pretty much watch anything on TV outside of golf. I’m all for anyone disagreeing with my views on AFL umpiring because it’s subjective as hell and everyone will have differing views. However I don’t think comments saying it’s the hardest game to officiate stem from myopic/jingoistic thinking. I also don’t get why you felt the need to denigrate the athleticism of AFL players by saying it was laughable to say it’s one of the most athletic sports. As I mentioned earlier - no athletes run as far each game, particularly in contact sports, and to my knowledge there isn’t a sport where players have to play for up to 2 hours each game. Combine all this running with players who quite bloody big and also many who have amazing vertical leaps. To deny the athleticism of our players is just odd in my view.

Last edited:
Difference between the two clubs.....we've moved on and have bigger things to concentrate on.
Have the Hawks supporters really moved on after losing a very winnable match, and Kenny giving some well deserved lip back to some of your players? I suspect the loss is still a little raw and was a great opportunity missed, especially after the Swans shat the bed in the GF (again).

Have the Hawks supporters really moved on after losing a very winnable match, and Kenny giving some well deserved lip back to some of your players? I suspect the loss is still a little raw and was a great opportunity missed, especially after the Swans shat the bed in the GF (again).

**** off minnow.

Why do you care and why are you here?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do you care and why are you here?

If my footy club had lost 91 games this decade I wouldn’t want to be on my team’s board either. Also only so much happiness you can feign when your marquee signings would be been worthy of excitement a decade ago.

Last edited:

You Need To Leave Go Away GIF by Shogun FX

LOL @ Norf.

Mate I love US sports, I’ve watched all of them as much as I could since my teens. I love most sports and will pretty much watch anything on TV outside of golf. I’m all for anyone disagreeing with my views on AFL umpiring because it’s subjective as hell and everyone will have differing views. However I don’t think comments saying it’s the hardest game to officiate stem from myopic/jingoistic thinking. I also don’t get why you felt the need to denigrate the athleticism of AFL players by saying it was laughable to say it’s one of the most athletic sports. As I mentioned earlier - no athletes run as far each game, particularly in contact sports, and to my knowledge there isn’t a sport where players have to play for up to 2 hours each game. Combine all this running with players who quite bloody big and also many who have amazing vertical leaps. To deny the athleticism of our players is just odd in my view.
Agree to disagree. If you look back at the original post it was the "this is the hardest sport in the world to officiate" line which was thrown around by coaches and media which is 100% myopic imo. It's the same premise of AFL athleticism. Im not denigrating the capability of AFL athletes at all, its more where the level of athleticism in AFL compared to all global sports is rated. As someone said before, every person in every country has a different opinion on this and the main sport in each country will justify why their national sport has the best athletes.
I do remember an interview a few years ago with Sav Rocca after he played a couple of NFL seasons. He said NFL is a harder game to play, coach and requires much more athletic preparation than anything he saw at AFL level. I heard a similar interview with Ben Graham. This is from 2 afl vets who know both sports intimately.
There's a lot of preparation that goes in to major league sports that we don't see and we just assume through game play that it's not as difficult as AFL. Just annoys me when I hear "world's best or most difficult". Right up there with the Americans calling the NBA championship World Champions, world's most liveable city etc.

Let me quess, your the one that brought the JHF number 1 draft pic memorabilia

Have North supporters understood that they will be in a 4th rebuild with a new coach by the end of next season?

Jog on back to your own minnow board dork

Your club is cooked

Oh did the big bad Hawks celebrate the goals they kicked too much for you, princess?

Giants want Stringer. Funnily I can recall a conversation 'On the Couch' about 10 years ago where they discussed whether Hogan or Stringer would be the most sought after young forwards in the game and their different styles. Both have had unusual and underachieving careers since then. Maybe the Giants think they can be the ones to finally extract consistency from Stringer, as they have from Hogan.

Giants want Stringer. Funnily I can recall a conversation 'On the Couch' about 10 years ago where they discussed whether Hogan or Stringer would be the most sought after young forwards in the game and their different styles. Both have had unusual and underachieving careers since then. Maybe the Giants think they can be the ones to finally extract consistency from Stringer, as they have from Hogan.

Gee there would go any 'yeah I don't mind if they win a few games' feelings towards the Giants if they sign that flog. He would be a good get for them though if they could get even 70% of his best.

Gee there would go any 'yeah I don't mind if they win a few games' feelings towards the Giants if they sign that flog. He would be a good get for them though if they could get even 70% of his best.
This was my exact thought when I read that too.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Back