No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Have the Hawks supporters really moved on after losing a very winnable match, and Kenny giving some well deserved lip back to some of your players? I suspect the loss is still a little raw and was a great opportunity missed, especially after the Swans shat the bed in the GF (again).
Why do you care and why are you here?

Why do you care and why are you here?

If my footy club had lost 91 games this decade I wouldn’t want to be on my team’s board either. Also only so much happiness you can feign when your marquee signings would be been worthy of excitement a decade ago.

Last edited:
I asked ChatGPT to draw me an image of what your face would look like when it dawns on you that you’re leaving a team that made 5 grand finals in a row to join a side that’s just won 3 consecutive spoons and it gave me this:

IMG_9032.jpeg

Have the Hawks supporters really moved on after losing a very winnable match, and Kenny giving some well deserved lip back to some of your players? I suspect the loss is still a little raw and was a great opportunity missed, especially after the Swans shat the bed in the GF (again).

You Need To Leave Go Away GIF by Shogun FX

Man I’ve watched both angles and there has to be some sort of optical illusion going on because it looks like the ball absolutely hit the ground in the tv shot
The illusion is the arm under it. There is ball on ground in most angles. It only has to be on the ground in one angle.

LOL @ Norf.

Mate I love US sports, I’ve watched all of them as much as I could since my teens. I love most sports and will pretty much watch anything on TV outside of golf. I’m all for anyone disagreeing with my views on AFL umpiring because it’s subjective as hell and everyone will have differing views. However I don’t think comments saying it’s the hardest game to officiate stem from myopic/jingoistic thinking. I also don’t get why you felt the need to denigrate the athleticism of AFL players by saying it was laughable to say it’s one of the most athletic sports. As I mentioned earlier - no athletes run as far each game, particularly in contact sports, and to my knowledge there isn’t a sport where players have to play for up to 2 hours each game. Combine all this running with players who quite bloody big and also many who have amazing vertical leaps. To deny the athleticism of our players is just odd in my view.
Agree to disagree. If you look back at the original post it was the "this is the hardest sport in the world to officiate" line which was thrown around by coaches and media which is 100% myopic imo. It's the same premise of AFL athleticism. Im not denigrating the capability of AFL athletes at all, its more where the level of athleticism in AFL compared to all global sports is rated. As someone said before, every person in every country has a different opinion on this and the main sport in each country will justify why their national sport has the best athletes.
I do remember an interview a few years ago with Sav Rocca after he played a couple of NFL seasons. He said NFL is a harder game to play, coach and requires much more athletic preparation than anything he saw at AFL level. I heard a similar interview with Ben Graham. This is from 2 afl vets who know both sports intimately.
There's a lot of preparation that goes in to major league sports that we don't see and we just assume through game play that it's not as difficult as AFL. Just annoys me when I hear "world's best or most difficult". Right up there with the Americans calling the NBA championship World Champions, world's most liveable city etc.

The illusion is the arm under it. There is ball on ground in most angles. It only has to be on the ground in one angle.

Again, journalists shown the high definition shots the bunker used (that Channel 9 didn’t show) to deny the try have conceded the bunker got it 100% right. The bunker had better views than a blurred screenshot. The stats of the game show that the better side won the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Back