No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

What he did was sleep with a girl who lied about her age to get into a nightclub when he was 19 and she was 15. He never did anything further once he’d determined she was underage. GWS players are idiots for making light of it but the press is also moronic for listing his name anywhere near ****ing Diddy’s.

A different era but a stuffy broadcaster in the sixties said to a rocker. Might have been bill wyman ‘so exactly how old is your girfriend’

‘About as old as your suit’

There is no way known any of those players should be sanctioned via fines or suspensions unless there was some really hateful content. Laughing about sexual assault isn't great I will grant you - but Diddy is fodder for many comedians at the moment so it's not as if it's a complete taboo. Just give them a talking to and move on.

Spewing ended up getting Smith, but glad they coughed up
Barely. Pick 17 for a very capable 23 year old.

Dogs got pick 25 for Caleb Daniel by comparison.

A number of deals hard to understand, those being two of them. Comparing the Houston and Rioli prices the other. Richmond made out like bandits by trading three above average players for a swathe of very early picks. No idea how they pulled that off.

Barely. Pick 17 for a very capable 23 year old.

Dogs got pick 25 for Caleb Daniel by comparison.

A number of deals hard to understand, those being two of them. Comparing the Houston and Rioli prices the other. Richmond made out like bandits by trading three above average players for a swathe of very early picks. No idea how they pulled that off.
I think it's more that they got a great deal for Daniel than a bad deal for Smith.

It's both. Shithouse deal for Smith.

They at least didn’t get Oliver for a packet of chips. They also have a shitload of list spaces - they must have missed some other targets.

There is no way known any of those players should be sanctioned via fines or suspensions unless there was some really hateful content. Laughing about sexual assault isn't great I will grant you - but Diddy is fodder for many comedians at the moment so it's not as if it's a complete taboo. Just give them a talking to and move on.
Simulating sexual assault is going to get you in a shit tonne of trouble if you do it at a work christmas party. This is no different.

Simulating sexual assault is going to get you in a shit tonne of trouble if you do it at a work christmas party. This is no different.

I’m not saying it’s a good look - but fines or playing suspensions are absurd. If you want to set an example make them do some form of community work.

It’s crazy that GWS are copping worse than St Kilda when they set a bloody little person on fire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not saying it’s a good look - but fines or playing suspensions are absurd. If you want to set an example make them do some form of community work.

It’s crazy that GWS are copping worse than St Kilda when they set a bloody little person on fire.
nah its not crazy, because it's a different time. The world has changed significantly in the last 5-10 years. Businesses and the AFL don't walk passed this stuff anymore.

nah its not crazy, because it's a different time. The world has changed significantly in the last 5-10 years. Businesses and the AFL don't walk passed this stuff anymore.

I don’t disagree with your point - but for mine there is still something maddening about dumb shit with a blow up doll being worse than setting a human being on fire.

Counsel the players and let them do something constructive to make amends - punitive measures help and achieve nothing.

I don’t disagree with your point - but for mine there is still something maddening about dumb shit with a blow up doll being worse than setting a human being on fire.

Counsel the players and let them do something constructive to make amends - punitive measures help and achieve nothing.
helps the AFL coffers ;)

I would say you're looking at it the wrong way.

The players who set a person on fire should have been removed from the game and faced serious court charges.
If the players were doing obscene things with a blow up doll there should be repercussions for that. They aren't dead end bankers that nobody looks up to, these are bona-fide celebrities and their actions have consequences.

I would say you're looking at it the wrong way.

The players who set a person on fire should have been removed from the game and faced serious court charges.
If the players were doing obscene things with a blow up doll there should be repercussions for that. They aren't dead end bankers that nobody looks up to, these are bona-fide celebrities and their actions have consequences.

But they were at a private function and some person hired to serve drinks decided to be a dick about it. They weren’t putting it on their TikTok for mass consumption. It was stupid and, again, I could think of a better way to get on the piss with my mates. But, anything punitive is absurd and making the players do something that benefits the community, not the governing body’s bank account, would be a better response.

But they were at a private function and some person hired to serve drinks decided to be a dick about it. They weren’t putting it on their TikTok for mass consumption. It was stupid and, again, I could think of a better way to get on the piss with my mates. But, anything punitive is absurd and making the players do something that benefits the community, not the governing body’s bank account, would be a better response.
That last bit in particular I agree with.

You need to stop with the 'someone hired to serve drinks decided to be a dick' line of thinking.

Someone employed to do a job, saw a bunch of people acting inappropriately and spoke up. This is genrally considered good behaviour, not bad.

As I said previously, who is to say that this 'bar person' doesn't have very really or lived experience with sexual assault or something similar that they simply refused to walk passed. We should be applauding them for having the strength to do so, not calling them a dick.

I can only hope our own players take heed and learn the lesson from the Giants.

When Princess Diana died, there were jokes popping up everywhere. As when Richard Carlton died at Beaconsfield. Ricky Gervais at one of his Golden Globe hustings was making references to Harvey Weinstein.

The players were obviously making references to the current events of Piddy and the like. The biggest mistake they made was probably going a little too far with their skits.

It was a private function, where a person made their choice to be anal retentive and be offended.

Can we have a thread now dedicated to that post about us offering Hodge a job?
When does he move back to Melbourne?
When does Cooper get his photo in front of the statue?
When does Luke drop the pay day cash grab scams?

When Princess Diana died, there were jokes popping up everywhere. As when Richard Carlton died at Beaconsfield. Ricky Gervais at one of his Golden Globe hustings was making references to Harvey Weinstein.

The players were obviously making references to the current events of Piddy and the like. The biggest mistake they made was probably going a little too far with their skits.

It was a private function, where a person made their choice to be anal retentive and be offended.

Need Another Seven Astronaughts (NASA)

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Back