General MFC Discussion 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Garry Lyon told Hutchinson the other night - "stop trying to immediately make a story out of everything and just let things play out".
I think most people would prefer the club didn't blatantly lie about players health.

I think most people would prefer the club didn't blatantly lie about players health.
Is it possible that Gus has pulled up worse than immediately diagnosed? I don't think there's been any word since the weekend it happened - correct me if I'm wrong - and the club can't be held accountable for what James Brayshaw comes out with.

Is it possible that Gus has pulled up worse than immediately diagnosed? I don't think there's been any word since the weekend it happened - correct me if I'm wrong - and the club can't be held accountable for what James Brayshaw comes out with.
They said he was still showing symptoms but he could be up for senior selection. Considering what I said the day after suggested it was serious, I'm unsure how the club would think it's less serious.

They said he was still showing symptoms but he could be up for senior selection. Considering what I said the day after suggested it was serious, I'm unsure how the club would think it's less serious.
Seems pretty strange. I wouldn't pretend to know what the doctors have told him or anyone else, and what they're saying now. Hope he's okay.

I still think Trengove is too good not to get another chance. Considering how many of our best 22 were on the verge of being delisted, I still hope he'll come into the side later in the year and be a really composed and effective forward option. Certainly not delisted yet.
Yeah, if he can play a few good games this year, I'll agree with you. If he is still in the wilderness by the end of the year, I think we'll have to move him on. We can only nurture one player for so long. If he went elsewhere and made a go of it I'd be very happy for him though. He's had a shocking 4 years.

When it comes to Trengove, it's mightily impressive that he has come back from that injury and playing at a high level at VFL level, let alone any level. I would like to see him get 3 games in a row in the seniors at some point this year to see what he's got, if he earns it by playing well in the VFL of course.

When it comes to Trengove, it's mightily impressive that he has come back from that injury and playing at a high level at VFL level, let alone any level. I would like to see him get 3 games in a row in the seniors at some point this year to see what he's got, if he earns it by playing well in the VFL of course.
If decent VFL form got Kennedy-Harris three and counting, I think Trenners should get the same opportunity. Obviously if we're still fighting for finals then we'll want to be playing our best 22 with little room for sympathy, but we still haven't really figured out where a bunch of guys (ANB, Bugg, Kennedy, Harmes, Wagner, JKH) fit into next year so its not like our bottom five is set.

If decent VFL form got Kennedy-Harris three and counting, I think Trenners should get the same opportunity. Obviously if we're still fighting for finals then we'll want to be playing our best 22 with little room for sympathy, but we still haven't really figured out where a bunch of guys (ANB, Bugg, Kennedy, Harmes, Wagner, JKH) fit into next year so its not like our bottom five is set.

Getting the feeling Goodwin is giving a few of those fringe guys 3 or so games before the half way mark, I'm starting to think he isn't 100% sure on his ideal best 22 for the run home yet. Wouldn't be surprised if Trengove came in just before or after the bye for a stint.

This Brayshaw stuff is ridiculous, two weeks off seems standard protocol - the issue may even be Gus having lost confidence to go for the ball so they're building up slowly.

Obviously it's worrying but we've always handled concussions conservatively

This Brayshaw stuff is ridiculous, two weeks off seems standard protocol - the issue may even be Gus having lost confidence to go for the ball so they're building up slowly.

Obviously it's worrying but we've always handled concussions conservatively
What's ridiculous if you agree it's worrying? That's literally all we've been saying.

Well that, and that the club shouldn't blatantly lie about it.

That last part, ey.
Can you elaborate with what you're actually getting at? You just seem to be vague for the sake of it.

Are you saying the club didn't lie? So the guy who still had concussion symptoms and hasn't played footy again was up for senior selection the day after the concussion? Despite not being fantastic that night before being concussed...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you elaborate with what you're actually getting at? You just seem to be vague for the sake of it.

Are you saying the club didn't lie? So the guy who still had concussion symptoms and hasn't played footy again was up for senior selection the day after the concussion? Despite not being fantastic that night before being concussed...

Clearly you dont know if they are lying, thats the thing

Clearly you dont know if they are lying, thats the thing
Except I do.

He was okay without pushing for a recall in round 4, then was concussed in the second quarter in round 5 and couldn't play again. He was still showing symptoms of concussion and the club said he was up for senior selection. Post this statement he has not played again at any level. Add that in to the quotes I already provided from the game, when the concussion happened, and the club most certainly lied. As did James brayshaw.

It's more clearly you know very little of the situation and for some reason defend the club to the hilt.

Except I do.

He was okay without pushing for a recall in round 4, then was concussed in the second quarter in round 5 and couldn't play again. He was still showing symptoms of concussion and the club said he was up for senior selection. Post this statement he has not played again at any level. Add that in to the quotes I already provided from the game, when the concussion happened, and the club most certainly lied. As did James brayshaw.

It's more clearly you know very little of the situation and for some reason defend the club to the hilt.

You dont actually know anything.

You've drawn your own conclusion based off some other facts.

You could be right, but stop pretending you know.

You dont actually know anything.

You've drawn your own conclusion based off some other facts.

You could be right, but stop pretending you know.
Except, you know, my quotes from a staff member indicating that he WOULDNT be up for selection and that it was serious.

But I guess Mahoney saying it was mild and he was up for selection isn't a lie.

By your above, you can basically never know if a person has lied. The evidence fills a very high burden of proof. But nah mate, you keep defending the club with zero knowledge.

If it was a hamstring injury no one would be saying the club was truthful.

Pretty much what I said a few weeks ago holds. We play 1 quarter of footy. That quarter is up there with the best in the comp. The other 3 are middle of the pack though. That's where we are at.
Middle of the road is incredibly kind to the first quarter

Pretty much what I said a few weeks ago holds. We play 1 quarter of footy. That quarter is up there with the best in the comp. The other 3 are middle of the pack though. That's where we are at.
One bad quarters kills us every week. First quarter was that quarter today

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Except, you know, my quotes from a staff member indicating that he WOULDNT be up for selection and that it was serious.

But I guess Mahoney saying it was mild and he was up for selection isn't a lie.

By your above, you can basically never know if a person has lied. The evidence fills a very high burden of proof. But nah mate, you keep defending the club with zero knowledge.

If it was a hamstring injury no one would be saying the club was truthful.

You've had an update from the club have you?

It's not about defending the club, it's about not automatically jumping to the worst conclusion.

We play one great quarter
Two average quarters
One terrible quarter

Every week

I don't know if I've missed a post from you with new information regarding this? But I'm assuming this is still based on the gameday conversation you heard behind the bench

You've had an update from the club have you?

It's not about defending the club, it's about not automatically jumping to the worst conclusion.
"Quotes from staff"

How is saying the club lied when they said a player was up for senior selection and the concussion was mild when:
The player was average the week before
The player played one and a bit quarters of average footy before leaving the game with concussion and not being seen again
Staff commenting on the seriousness
The player not being seen on field in two weeks since
The club acknowledging he was still experiencing concussion symptoms, in the same article they said he's up for selection

If anything it's the logical conclusion even without quotes. You're just jumping to cheer squad levels of delusion conclusions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back