Get a Grip

Remove this Banner Ad

Ellis08

Cancelled
Jun 1, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
LOL @ everyone blaming shoenmakers..

It was our midfield that got absolutely smashed... and our forward line was dysfunctional (excluding buddy).

Even SOS would have been killed last night with the way the ball was coming into their forward line.

It is disgrace the way some of the Hawks own posters are potting our own Blokes. You are exactly right - the real question is how the Hawks allowed a third year player to get so exposed. Geelong moved the ball unbelievably well through the middle carrying it 30m and then pumping it quickly another 50m. Where the &$?& was our midfield?

LOL @ everyone blaming shoenmakers..

It was our midfield that got absolutely smashed... and our forward line was dysfunctional (excluding buddy).

Even SOS would have been killed last night with the way the ball was coming into their forward line.

Spot on Ellis. Our big nname players were incipit last night. They get paid big $$ and to put out that sh,t in such a big game??? Sounds like easy money to me, taking us all for a ride.

could not agree more. it was the experienced midfielders that let us down the most by not giving the defenders sufficient protection. At one stage in the second quarter I think the clearances were 1-8 geelong's way; thats just not good enough from a midfield of Mitchell, Hodge, Sewell, Lewis, Burgoyne etc

Spot on Ellis. Our big nname players were incipit last night. They get paid big $$ and to put out that sh,t in such a big game??? Sounds like easy money to me, taking us all for a ride.

The way your making it sound, we got beat up by 10+ goals.

It's not just you it's others as well.

Fact is, the game was there to be won, and we failed.
Early dominance wasn't translated into scoreboard pressure, and then when the midfield dropped off and let Geelong clear the ball with ease in the second they got the ball in quickly, just how they wanted it.

In the third, once again, we stifled their run, and we had the opportunities to really make a play for the win. Then in the blink of an eye they took advantage of some slip ups up the ground and scored 3-4 easy goals.

They broke us at this point, and we were now going to have to fight harder to keep in the contest.

I won't hear that the players didn't care, or that the performance was 'insipid', because it simply wasn't.
Sure, it was disappointing, and we had some players down on the night, but some of vitriol and pointed fingers getting about on this board is quite shameful and honestly, it doesn't belong on the Hawthorn board.

It's very easy to pot a young bloke in shoey, usually the un-educated take pleasure in it because makes them feel as though they were once the best footballers going around. Yeah Shoey wasn't great but had a lot of friends in that department. Have always been concerned with our back six inability to spoil contests but doesn't give people the right to bag our players. FAMILY CLUB my friends, so start acting like it.

The way your making it sound, we got beat up by 10+ goals.

It's not just you it's others as well.

Fact is, the game was there to be won, and we failed.
Early dominance wasn't translated into scoreboard pressure, and then when the midfield dropped off and let Geelong clear the ball with ease in the second they got the ball in quickly, just how they wanted it.

In the third, once again, we stifled their run, and we had the opportunities to really make a play for the win. Then in the blink of an eye they took advantage of some slip ups up the ground and scored 3-4 easy goals.

They broke us at this point, and we were now going to have to fight harder to keep in the contest.

I won't hear that the players didn't care, or that the performance was 'insipid', because it simply wasn't.
Sure, it was disappointing, and we had some players down on the night, but some of vitriol and pointed fingers getting about on this board is quite shameful and honestly, it doesn't belong on the Hawthorn board.

Echols, if you can seriously say that last night was acceptable, then seriously pigs fly man and you must have been watching a different game.

Its a free country and Im entitled to an opinion and last night was UNACCEPTABLE!!!!! Dont sugar coat this Echols.

Im not going to accept mediocrity. I can accept effort and heart and determination, but last night = absolute bloody disaster!

Hmmm.
Geelong were the better team on the night. Our rucks got Ottened and our midfield got beaten. But, for all that, I thought Schoenmakers was ordinary. If that makes me uneducated and a keyboard hero and the type of supporter no team wants to be burdened with then so be it.

Do I think Schoenmakers has a future at Hawthorn...YES
Will he get better with another few preseasons and experience... YES
Was he ordinary last night....YES

I'm all for honest opinions, positive or negative, about all our players. Schoey will bounce back, no need to be overly defensive about him. I'm sure he couldn't give a flying Fu** what a few boozed up hawks suppoters have to say about him after a finals loss.

I can accept Shoey being beaten by his opponents, our midfield was a disgrace.......What i can't accept are his turnovers, skill errors, out of bounds on the fulls......he had a stinker of epic proportions.

This may sound strange but I was more gutted losing to the Cats on both occasions during the H&A games as I was tonight.

Previously, we lost by smaller margins and on both occasions were certainly in the game and fell over at the end.

But tonight, we were clearly beaten and they had our measure from the 2nd qtr. While we stuffed around for 15 to 20 minutes per quarter to even the scores, Geelong were able to flick the switch and bang on 3 to 4 goals in as many minutes and re-establish the buffer. No matter what that was awesome. Too big, too classy, and too good.

We tried but we lost. Lets move on.

Echols, if you can seriously say that last night was acceptable, then seriously pigs fly man and you must have been watching a different game.

Its a free country and Im entitled to an opinion and last night was UNACCEPTABLE!!!!! Dont sugar coat this Echols.

Im not going to accept mediocrity. I can accept effort and heart and determination, but last night = absolute bloody disaster!

I never said it was acceptable, but to claim that it was anything but just not being good enough on the night if folly.

Like I said, very disappointing that we didn't take our chances, and that some of our players struggled on the night.

The players, the coaches are all feeling the pain of the loss. There's really no need to go over the top and make the defeat something that it wasn't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Get a Grip

Remove this Banner Ad

Back