Unofficial Preview GF v Sydney Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Got a couple of activities sorted for our GF experience.

Dinner booked at the Royal Derby Hotel Thursday night, by coincidence the Roar Deal is on there that night as well.

Grand Final parade and open training on Friday.

Might do the Lions walk to the MCG from Federation Square on Saturday.

That sounds nice.

I plan to go down to Geelong on Thursday night to watch Geelong vs Hawthorn because I haven’t seen Kardinia Park before. Will be going to the Royal Derby Friday afternoon because the parmi there was great last time. Open training and grand final parade is a given of course.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That sounds nice.

I plan to go down to Geelong on Thursday night to watch Geelong vs Hawthorn because I haven’t seen Kardinia Park before. Will be going to the Royal Derby Friday afternoon because the parmi there was great last time. Open training and grand final parade is a given of course.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You haven't missed much. I went down to both the 2021 and 2022 mens games :sick:

You haven't missed much. I went down to both the 2021 and 2022 mens games :sick:

It's been substantially renovated since then and is a state-of-the art ground.

My only wish is that they'd widen the ground when it comes time to renovate the Moorabool St side of the ground (the claws stand). That would involve some overhang on Moorabool St.

buttermuffs Little Malop St is also a good spot for some relaxed night life and food. Good restaurants, bars, cellar doors etc.

Man, I really can't focus on much else this week to be honest. I took my boy to his first footy game vs the Swans this year, and it was fantastic. Hoping that's a good omen.
I also forgot that we get them without Payne that day - it's no secret that he's better than Joyce, but his impact on Harris also can't be understated. We also didn't have Answerth in, who has made a huge difference in our backline alongside Starc.

I think these changes are fairly significant, as are the extra runs Ashcroft now has on the board too.

Lucky this week just happened to be my week off. I wouldn't of been productive at all, obsessively thinking about the grand final since saturday night. Glad I get to relax and enjoy the build up.
This year it got to the stage where I was hoping to make the 8.

Then once we were in contention I figured making a Prelim would be a successful year.

After the last 2 weeks where we were behind with a couple of minutes to go I feel like whatever happens is fine ,we just need to go for it with all we've got.

And I think the players feel that way too.

I reckon we're going to come out with all guns blazing on Saturday with the adrenalin of last week still firing us along.

I'm hoping we can keep it going and the fatigue factor of how we've got there doesn't kick in.

Mentally it won't . Physically I'm concerned without stressing at all on the outcome.

I reckon we're going to come out with all guns blazing on Saturday with the adrenalin of last week still firing us along.

I'm hoping we can keep it going and the fatigue factor of how we've got there doesn't kick in.

Mentally it won't . Physically I'm concerned without stressing at all on the outcome.
I am a tad worried that we may have run our race and be too fatigued to go all the way, 2 draining finals mentally and physically could be too big a toll for us to overcome, rehab/recovery team will need to be elite this week.

Will be one of the GOAT Flags if we get over the line.

I think Oscar getting injured will drive the players more. Even though Sydney lost in 2022 it was by 80 points whereas our grand final loss is more fresh in the memory and we were literally a kick away from lifting the premiership cup on that podium.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't seen much VFL of late so hard for me to comment on Fort's form.

BUT if we wanted to take our whole "dancing on thin ice" mantra all the way to the selection table, we'd go for Henry Smith on Saturday.

😈
Loved Henry's tap work but big decision.......I am sure our seletors know best....I also think it is such a brave decision to go with Smith (our future) but also should we reward Forts form having 69 hit outs in his last finals gig. Oh to be a selector.

Loved Henry's tap work but big decision.......I am sure our seletors know best....I also think it is such a brave decision to go with Smith (our future) but also should we reward Forts form having 69 hit outs in his last finals gig. Oh to be a selector.
Fagan confirmed on 360 tonight that Fort will replace Big O.

Got a couple of activities sorted for our GF experience.

Dinner booked at the Royal Derby Hotel Thursday night, by coincidence the Roar Deal is on there that night as well.

Grand Final parade and open training on Friday.

Might do the Lions walk to the MCG from Federation Square on Saturday.
Don't forget celebrations BSO Sunday morning.

Man, I really can't focus on much else this week to be honest. I took my boy to his first footy game vs the Swans this year, and it was fantastic. Hoping that's a good omen.
I also forgot that we get them without Payne that day - it's no secret that he's better than Joyce, but his impact on Harris also can't be understated. We also didn't have Answerth in, who has made a huge difference in our backline alongside Starc.

I think these changes are fairly significant, as are the extra runs Ashcroft now has on the board too.
Joyce was very good in the 2nd half....a good soldier.

Is there an official March from fed square as well or you’re referring to the roar deal one at midday? It’d be good if the club could advertise this to get as many people going at once. I did it last year from the roar deal brunch and it was great atmosphere.

Not sure the club will promote roar deal stuff. It is independent and wants to stay that way (can discuss what they want without the club vetoing topics).

Not sure the club will promote roar deal stuff. It is independent and wants to stay that way (can discuss what they want without the club vetoing topics).

Not promotion of roar deal just a gathering of lions fans to walk to the G is what I meant

Just saw that Southbank is setting up for a massive watch party. Stated multiple locations in the park so they must be putting up a load of screens.

That could be fun.

I'd like screens at Springfield with the crowd on the grass. Suppose they won't do that cause of the women using the ground. And the gabba wouldn't consider it. Shame. It looks like fun when you see other clubs using their grounds for watch parties.

Just saw that Southbank is setting up for a massive watch party. Stated multiple locations in the park so they must be putting up a load of screens.

That could be fun.

I'd like screens at Springfield with the crowd on the grass. Suppose they won't do that cause of the women using the ground. And the gabba wouldn't consider it. Shame. It looks like fun when you see other clubs using their grounds for watch parties.
I think the club would rather push the Lions at Springwood site.
Probably something also at BHA but i recon that would be low key.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview GF v Sydney Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back