Unofficial Preview GF v Sydney Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I do think we have more offensive weapons, if we at least break even in the midfield I think the likes of Joe, Charlie, Cam, Zac, Kai, Cal will get enough opportunities to kick enough goals for us to win.
The issue is still playing 2 and a bit good quarters and getting the job done most of the time.
Will find out in a few days' time if we are the better team on the day.

Mills won't return for Sydney on Saturday.

What a farce....he did the recovery, went through the process, appeared on camera during and following the session to proclaim he trained at 100% and felt great.....

....and the coaches still ruled him out.

Sorry, but the whole thing has been handled in such a ham-fisted way that I again wonder what message it is sending to the team and why so much energy has been expended.

What a farce....he did the recovery, went through the process, appeared on camera during and following the session to proclaim he trained at 100% and felt great.....

....and the coaches still ruled him out.

Sorry, but the whole thing has been handled in such a ham-fisted way that I again wonder what message it is sending to the team and why so much energy has been expended.
I don't get why Sydney aren't just made to forfeit after this debacle.

Yuck, Nick Foot... & a quick search of Sydney's board uncovered no real mentions of him besides when he gets umpiring assignments for their games. I've generally had no problem with Stevic & Fleer is one I've never noticed enough to have an opinion on (but found some negative Sydney board comments)... Let's hope that's one for them and one for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to interrupt… with the girls playing the Crows at Springfield on Sunday afternoon, will the Lions be planning anything out there or likely to hold at the Gabba? (Good luck for the Granny!)
There will be a planned event at Brunswick at oval on Sunday.
Anything in Brisbane would likely be on the Monday.

Yuck, Nick Foot... & a quick search of Sydney's board uncovered no real mentions of him besides when he gets umpiring assignments for their games. I've generally had no problem with Stevic & Fleer is one I've never noticed enough to have an opinion on (but found some negative Sydney board comments)... Let's hope that's one for them and one for us.
Umpires from our Geelong game PF

1727244642900.png

Was this the club arranged march? Surely not roar deal?!
It started out from Fed Square with the Roar Deal crowd maybe 100 strong, it just seemed to pick up fellow supporters as we went along.

My excitement levels are rising, flying out early tomorrow morning, can not wait to soak up the Melbourne GF atmosphere this year(flew down on the Saturday morning last year).

Friday will be great (even more so without black and white). Certain you’ll be heading to the G for the captains run in the arvo, was fantastic last year. Nerves have started to kick in for me

There will be a planned event at Brunswick at oval on Sunday.
Anything in Brisbane would likely be on the Monday.

From 9am-11am, expect they’ll fly back early arvo? Don’t follow the AFLW team so no idea what time they play, but did read they were doing a joint AFL/AFLW ‘thing’?

From 9am-11am, expect they’ll fly back early arvo? Don’t follow the AFLW team so no idea what time they play, but did read they were doing a joint AFL/AFLW ‘thing’?
AFLW game Lions v Crows is at 3pm Sunday should finish around 5pm
No AFLW preview thread up yet so i will put this here.
Anyone with a season AFLW ticket don't just rock up to the game.
You need to redeem another ticket via the link below
If you don't have a ticket read the article from the link on how to get one
It is worded a bit strangely ?

After the 2024 Toyota Grand Final we'll be making sure we hang out with as many fans as we can!

We'll be setting up some exciting fan days in both Melbourne and Brisbane to give everyone the opportunity to see the team before they log off for the year.

We'll be giving out loads of giveaways, will have merch on sale, and will have some food and drinks for sale. We encourage you to support your local Fitzroy businesses on the way to or from the event.

SUNDAY 29 SEPTEMBER
WT Peterson Oval, Fitzroy
9:00am-11:00am

SUNDAY 29 SEPTEMBER
Brighton Homes Arena, Springfield
5PM

MEMBERS: If you're not going to the W game, and you're a member, head to this link and redeem a complimentary ticket. You MUST redeem a free ticket, and not just rock up, as our stadium has a strict capacity and we need to know how many people are coming:

If you're not coming to the W game, and you're not a member, then simply buy a ticket to the AFLW game, and come along to the game and our QLD Fan Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview GF v Sydney Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back