Unofficial Preview GF v Sydney Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW game Lions v Crows is at 3pm Sunday should finish around 5pm
No AFLW preview thread up yet so i will put this here.
Anyone with a season AFLW ticket don't just rock up to the game.
You need to redeem another ticket via the link below
If you don't have a ticket read the article from the link on how to get one
It is worded a bit strangely ?

After the 2024 Toyota Grand Final we'll be making sure we hang out with as many fans as we can!

We'll be setting up some exciting fan days in both Melbourne and Brisbane to give everyone the opportunity to see the team before they log off for the year.

We'll be giving out loads of giveaways, will have merch on sale, and will have some food and drinks for sale. We encourage you to support your local Fitzroy businesses on the way to or from the event.

SUNDAY 29 SEPTEMBER
WT Peterson Oval, Fitzroy
9:00am-11:00am

SUNDAY 29 SEPTEMBER
Brighton Homes Arena, Springfield
5PM

MEMBERS: If you're not going to the W game, and you're a member, head to this link and redeem a complimentary ticket. You MUST redeem a free ticket, and not just rock up, as our stadium has a strict capacity and we need to know how many people are coming:

If you're not coming to the W game, and you're not a member, then simply buy a ticket to the AFLW game, and come along to the game and our QLD Fan Day

6a24dc03bc47f2cdcfd36a0a84afa556.jpg

AFLW members will just need their AFLW ticket to access, won’t need a new one.

Sorry to interrupt… with the girls playing the Crows at Springfield on Sunday afternoon, will the Lions be planning anything out there or likely to hold at the Gabba? (Good luck for the Granny!)

That's poor. I know the fixtures is set before gf teams decided but surely they can change it (even just push it back a few hours) so the entire club can support the team.

Good news everyone! David Schwartz has given Sydney the kiss of death by predicting they'll win "pretty comfortably". Why do I say it's the kiss of death? Because he also reckoned Geelong would beat us by 50 last week.

RoCo and Rocket Eade tipped against us for the third straight week as well :hearteyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My excitement levels are rising, flying out early tomorrow morning, can not wait to soak up the Melbourne GF atmosphere this year(flew down on the Saturday morning last year).
We fly out in the morning.
Wanted to get there Thursday specifically so we could get to the Captains run that we missed last year and now they have moved it to later in the day.
But anyway getting very excited for the whole experience and just going to enjoy it.

RoCo and Rocket Eade tipped against us for the third straight week as well :hearteyes:
Completely unrelated to the topic but my favourite football story from my dad is about the time he walked into the toilets at the Nerang commercial hotel after a Bears loss and saw Rodney Eade dunking David Bain into a urinal by his ankles.

Now every time I hear about rocket that's the first thing that comes to mind.

Good news everyone! David Schwartz has given Sydney the kiss of death by predicting they'll win "pretty comfortably". Why do I say it's the kiss of death? Because he also reckoned Geelong would beat us by 50 last week.
Pretty much everybody who last week tipped the Cats is doubling down by tipping Sydney. Add RoCo and Rodney Eade to the list

Pretty much everybody who last week tipped the Cats is doubling down by tipping Sydney. Add RoCo and Rodney Eade to the list
Beautiful.

I'm neither optimistic nor pessimistic.

One thing I'm sure of is that we won't give it up at any point no matter what the state of the game.

The Swans are entitled to favouritism which they have . But I think that's more to do with the bookies holding a lot of money on the Swans from early in the year whereas their liability with us winning would be a lot less.

Fox Footy were discussing our young guns tonight.

Apparently McMorris has more finals goals, and will have more finals appearances after Saturday, than Charlie Curnow does in his entire career.

Fox Footy were discussing our young guns tonight.

Apparently McMorris has more finals goals, and will have more finals appearances after Saturday, than Charlie Curnow does in his entire career.
I think Logan's going to be a really good player.

I just hope he's got enough left in the tank for this week.

Edited for accuracy, in honour of FROCO's interactions with people on twitter.

There is some account on twitter that I don't follow but see tweets from every now and again and he puts up images of people contradicting themselves or being hypocrites. He seems to love FROCO. There are some goodies.

I think Logan's going to be a really good player.

I just hope he's got enough left in the tank for this week.
It's interesting to see how much he's overcome adversity this year as a 1st year player to cement himself in the senior side and help Brisbane push for a Premiership

2 games in the same day as a late inclusion against Gold Coast? 1 goal and 3 behinds
Dropped to the VFL for a round? 4 goals in the VFL against Sydney
Subbed out against GWS in a Semi? 2 goals against Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview GF v Sydney Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back