Unofficial Preview GF v Sydney Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't do the walk last year but Dom Fay mentioned that they turned up late for last years so that could of been the reason it started later... approximately how many did the march last year?
I was there when it started. I reckon we started with about 50 and it just steamrolled from there. Randoms just joined in as we walked. There would have literally been thousands on that overpass walkway by the time I arrived at the ground.

This confident 30-ish year old bloke took the lead at Fed Square for those of us just standing around waiting outside Taxi Kitchen. I think we all assumed he was in cahoots with Dom Fay's crew and we all just went along with it. Was chatting to him outside the G later and he's like "nah I was just keen to get going" 😂

Hopefully this explains why Dom got a bit of a shock later on when he came out of Taxi Kitchen and realised he'd missed the start of his own walk!

In the dark of the night
I believe.
In the cold light of the day,
I believe.

When the ball is bounced
and the struggles begins anew,
The focus shifts
And I believe.

When the goal is kicked
and the breath is ragged,
with the supporters silent,
I believe.

When all seems lost,
the path forward lit dim,
Hope's light but faint,
I believe.

For to create
our story,
with it's golden
final flourish,
We must believe.

SENQld

Former Swans Ruckman Tom Hickey on Darcy Fort: "He is more than capable, he's a scrapper, he'll make it really hard for Brodie to do what he wants"

AFL paying Katy Perry 5 million for 5 songs.
Now if it was a night GF i can see that expense may be justified

Watching day entertainment either at the ground or on TV is just a waste of time & money in my opinion.

Totally agree that it is wasted on the afl fans.

I suspect the entertainment target is their fans overseas. Perry fan? Turn on this thing called afl and watch her perform. And while you are there have a look at the game.

I feel some level of quiet confidence this time around.

• we have come from 44 down to win
  • we have come from 25 down to win
  • we lost our main ruck and figured out a way to win
  • we seem to have a few different gears and modes that we can switch to win

Lastly our 20 and below next gen has stepped up in a big way this year. It's one thing to play your role but they seem to step up and own big moments as well. Ashcroft, Lohmann, Morris, Wilmot, Fletcher. The fact that Ashcroft went to Neale and said "I'm on the move, get me going", it's not something I expect a 2nd year player to say to a dual brownlow medallist. He backed it up and delivered in that semi. He again backed it up via the intercept play in the final Rayner goal against Cats.

It's not a Neale or nothing anymore which gives me a big hope going into this Grand Final.

In the dark of the night
I believe.
In the cold light of the day,
I believe.

When the ball is bounced
and the struggles begins anew,
The focus shifts
And I believe.

When the goal is kicked
and the breath is ragged,
with the supporters silent,
I believe.

When all seems lost,
the path forward lit dim,
Hope's light but faint,
I believe.

For to create
our story,
with it's golden
final flourish,
We must believe.
ChatGPT is awsome. :D

Big job for our mids tracking the Sydney mids back into our D50 on the spread - can see them trying to pick off little chips inside 50 if we aren’t awake to it.

Not overly concerned about Papley.
More worried about one of their talls getting on top ie Amartey.

One of our small forwards has to have a game. A 20 and 3 type game.

Daniher to be the man and kick 4.

My daughter has discovered War of the worlds and thought the song lyrics

The chances of anything comin from mars are a million to one they say........ But still they come. Translate well to

The chances of premiership coming from 5th are a million to one they say. Should have been .... king says.

Anyway this is what she put together. Remember she is 16yo, be gentle or say nothing.

That’s brilliant, Gadzorks.

I can just imagine that as audio over the top of a highlights package of our finals run. 😍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's probably going to swing towards sydney after teams are announced - the player based models haven't factored in Oscar missing and Fort playing yet.

Too late my hopes are up Tom!

AFL paying Katy Perry 5 million for 5 songs.
Now if it was a night GF i can see that expense may be justified

Watching day entertainment either at the ground or on TV is just a waste of time & money in my opinion.

The AFL shelling out 5 million dollars for Katy Perry is a waste of money. I would much rather the AFL put that money towards the fans by subsidising access to food and drink at the MCG. In these tough economic times, that amount would enable 1,000 fans to buy a pie, small chips and a light beer.

I'm that nervous its not funny. Swans are a very capable side but I have to say I think our best footy is the best in the comp. If we play our best we win. Hopefully the experience from last year drives us to victory.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview GF v Sydney Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back