Unofficial Preview GF v Sydney Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have arrived in Melbourne. Apparently 80 odd people in lions gear on the flight. Plus the two rows in front of us not in lions gear. So possibly quite a few more as well. Tomorrow will be nuts.

We need country roads playing as we get on the plane. World be fun.

If we play our best, we win. Problem is, we are a bit banged up, so how close to our best can we realistically get? I cannot deal with another Brisbane loss after how much our footy teams lost last year on the big stage, all in heart breakers.
I’d say on any given week there’s players who are feeling sore at this stage of the week. Only this week, the media care enough to report it.

flying in tomorrow. my wife will fly down saturday morning and land at 11;20am. Going to try and get her down to fed square asap.

I don't think they can land in fed sq mate.

I don't think they can land in fed sq mate.

end smile GIF

2024 Grand Final Form Guide

1. 1s111 Brisbane Lions C.Fagan (Gabba) Fitzroy-Brisbane Bears
MAROON,BLUE,YELLOW (J.Brown)
Won three straight after being freshened up. Stormed home two starts back to win over shorter distance. Sustained long run before kicking on the line when challenged last start. Stepping up in class and distance, but looking for extra ground and finished second, beaten by a short half head, in this race last year. Top chance.

2. 1s1s1 Sydney Swans J.Longmire (SCG) South Melbourne-AFL
RED,WHITE (D.King)
Second up from a spell is a concern and failed badly when tried at this track and distance in 2022. Been winning comfortably against weaker company. This is a bigger challenge than their last start win against Port Adelaide. Wearing blinkers and pacifiers for the first time. A query at this distance.

Last edited:
hope all our supporters up there who are coming down for the game are flying Virgin and not Qantas...they're on strike and expected to impact getting people to the game on time...so typical :mad:

(at this stage anyway)

This is my big worry for the moment. Just how many guys are sore out there. I really hope we have just one more big effort in us. Will have as much time as you need to rest up after the game.

I did say Fages needed to make sure there were plenty of needles to go around, we're sure going to need them:grinv1:
;)

*only jesting if any journo's or officials reading this......Fages wouldn't do such a thing, not our Fages, no, no, no,:tongueoutv1:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL shelling out 5 million dollars for Katy Perry is a waste of money. I would much rather the AFL put that money towards the fans by subsidising access to food and drink at the MCG. In these tough economic times, that amount would enable 1,000 fans to buy a pie, small chips and a light beer.
This is your best ever post. Kudos.

AFL paying Katy Perry 5 million for 5 songs.
Now if it was a night GF i can see that expense may be justified

Watching day entertainment either at the ground or on TV is just a waste of time & money in my opinion.

We've been watching them testing the lighting for the entertainment all week. I can confirm that day time lights and shows just aren't that impressive.

Either way sitting at my desk seeing everything build up around the ground, it's hard to not keep the lid on things

Attachments

• 20240926_130020.jpg
    20240926_130020.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 28
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back