Rumour GFC 2017 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists.

Who would you rather at the Cats?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If true, Geelong has gone full ******. Never go full ******.

Letting a 26 year old 40 goal a year player go for an injured 34 year old to get 10 games out of. Gary Ayres on steroids this is.
If true, something else big is brewing.

I can't see them just cutting and burning him for cap space not used.

I don't believe its Ablett either.

Caddy, banked $$$, Motlop and Menzel for Ablett cap space wise, spare me, not even close.

Something must be up but I have no idea what. It seems the plan hasn't changed after Hopper either which makes me think the real deal is top secret.

Caddy, banked $$$, Motlop and Menzel for Ablett cap space wise, spare me, not even close.

Something must be up but I have no idea what. It seems the plan hasn't changed after Hopper either which makes me think the real deal is top secret.

Probably for Smith.

Menzel > Motlop = Smith anyway...

Josh Kelly welcome to Geelong

We want dev smith but thats not exactly secret.

If the reports are true that josh Schache wants out be interesting what he would cost. Very high pick has struggled but will be a good player.
2018 first round pick?

If the reports are true that josh Schache wants out be interesting what he would cost. Very high pick has struggled but will be a good player.
2018 first round pick?
Maybe Cowan wants to play with Bundy?

If true, Geelong has gone full ******. Never go full ******.

Letting a 26 year old 40 goal a year player go for an injured 34 year old to get 10 games out of. Gary Ayres on steroids this is.
Do they think that his knees are completely gone and he may not even get through another season?

Or are they waiting to see how the cards fall so they know if they even have any money left over to keep him? I think most clubs have to see how the cards fall so they know what is left at the end to spend. Managing the salary cap must be quite difficult when you don't know who is coming or going,, who may retire etc. So many things to juggle at once.

And I agree that losing Menzel for Ablett would be idiotic.

Back on the draft, I'd take Wooller over Josh Battle from last year any day of the week... He should be around the same draft range 25-44.

On Moto G (5) using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have an inkling we'll make a big play for McCartin end of next year when his contract is up, so I don't think we'll pick a KPF in the draft this year. We also have Sav and Buzza developing in that role anyway.

I'm pretty sure Menzel is shot. From what i understand he doesn't even train. Hence his lack of tank and permanent full forward role he seems to be holding. If you watch him during games he constantly limps as well. Obviously can't chase either. Hell of a goal sneak but geez not the most adaptable player. With Gregson, McCarthy injury prone it could be a case of one needs to go. I can't see us going with all three next year on the list. Especially if Ablett is an option.

Sent from my SM-A300Y using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure Menzel is shot. From what i understand he doesn't even train. Hence his lack of tank and permanent full forward role he seems to be holding. If you watch him during games he constantly limps as well. Obviously can't chase either. Hell of a goal sneak but geez not the most adaptable player. With Gregson, McCarthy injury prone it could be a case of one needs to go. I can't see us going with all three next year on the list. Especially if Ablett is an option.

Sent from my SM-A300Y using Tapatalk
Yeah, I understand that, but Menzel is a marking forward, whereas Gregson, McCarthy and Ablett will mainly be crumbers. I think the issue is that Menzel might be asking for too much coin and we are using it for Smith and GAJ. Gregson and McCarthy would be on chicken feed type contracts, so no savings there if you drop one of those.

I hope we can retain Menzel, unless we can find another marking forward to fill his shoes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2018 first round pick?

He signed on though, it was only a few weeks ago too. These kids just don't know what they're doing anymore.

Back on the draft, I'd take Wooller over Josh Battle from last year any day of the week... He should be around the same draft range 25-44.

On Moto G (5) using BigFooty.com mobile app

Battle always seemed like a bad idea to me, awkwardly sized between a big body mid and a key forward. Glad we didn't take him.

Knightmare gave me this on Key Forwards in this upcoming draft, and notably wrote about Adam Garner of the Falcons too:

Garner I've liked. Has size. Taking marks forward of centre in bunches and is hitting the scoreboard. Without a state or national combine invite though, it doesn't look like he'll be chosen.

Wooller is more draftable through and figures to feature mid draft. He's versatile - able as a KPF or inside mid. Strong, takes contested grabs, but is also a genuine contested ball winner through the mids and is clean at ground level. On the short side. He could be something like Tim Membrey at the next level.

This year a lot of the key forwards are multi-positional players. Balta, Brander, Ballenden, Coleman-Jones, S.Hayes, Wooller, O.Allen are some of the better ones and all curiously have second positions. Hugh Dixon is one of the few key forwards this year who is just a key forward. This whole group should feature in the first half of the draft. Maybe Dixon drops later. After those guys you're probably looking at Hayden McLean, Tom McCartin and Nathan Kreuger who while invited to the national combine are among some key forwards who are not certain draft selections and should be available late.

He signed on though, it was only a few weeks ago too. These kids just don't know what they're doing anymore.
SO now he's contracted and wants to leave. ? :oops:o_O

Puts the BL in the box seat to ask for more I guess - as opposed to GAJ this kid has 12 years in front of him...

Cant believe he signed that deal if he really wanted out. His manager would have to be in cahoots with the club for that to happen.

Go Catters

Hitting the draft hard yielded 3 flags. Aggressive trading has yielded none.

So you tell me.
LOL..

Teams have been drafting for 50 years and no joy...

FFS we did draft only for 43 years and got donuts. Trading has been about 5 years old.. and we are one win from another Prelim - clearly not there yet

That is outright the saddest argument you've used since.. well you know...

Go Catters

SO now he's contracted and wants to leave. ? :oops:o_O

Puts the BL in the box seat to ask for more I guess - as opposed to GAJ this kid has 12 years in front of him...

Cant believe he signed that deal if he really wanted out. His manager would have to be in cahoots with the club for that to happen.

Go Catters

There was speculation almost immediately after he signed that he was not rusted on to a stay. I suspect the signing had a lot to do with removing media speculation and the external focus... to be fair not everyone is made for that sort of attention... and by signing Brisbane probably felt that at least they would receive something in a trade.
What would he cost I wonder... Brisbane would be hoping for a Boyd deal but Schache hasn't looked anything like that type. Id trade our P20 for him and throw in a player as well. He would suit Hawking and us better than Brisbane but Im think he may well end up ore of a Watts than a serious KPF replacement. He does have the type of vertical game that good forward does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back