Rumour GFC 2017 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists.

Who would you rather at the Cats?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sort of like how you feel after having mcDonalds... you knew you were hungry but then afterwards you wonder why the hell did you buy that stuff.

I never wonder that, because I was hungry and Maccas filled me up while tasting beautiful.

If it was an interstate player and already done it could only be an FA like Rockliff on reasonable big money (because there is no way Brisbane will match if they are going to get pick 2 as compo).

I would call that about even, probably similar in terms of cap impact I would say the 2 in at their best are slightly better than the 2 out but it's close, I think the INs suit our gameplan better than the outs. So I would be content but I would still like to add another player (preferably a key forward) in the trade period.

There is no such FA compo band. Bands are:
Band 1 pick directly after your first rounder (would be pick 17 for us currently)
Band 2 end first rounder (pick 19 currently)
Band 3 pick directly after your 2nd rounder (35 currently or picks 35 and 36 if we got band 3 for both players)
Band 4 end of 2nd rounder (pick 36 currently)

Band 5 pick directly after your 3rd rounder (would be 53 currently)

Just noticing there whether it falls in band 3 or band 4 (providing we finish well in the finals) its basically the same pick, but to our advantage it gives us quite a large spread $$$ wise to get that pick.

Just noticing there whether it falls in band 3 or band 4 (providing we finish well in the finals) its basically the same pick, but to our advantage it gives us quite a large spread $$$ wise to get that pick.

Yes because we are likely to have late picks in every round there is little difference between band 1 and 2 or 3 and 4 for us. Only a big difference between band 2 and band 3.

Oh for Christ sake Jimmy!

I've got Thurlow penciled in for Duncan MKII
I think Thurlow is the business. . . . .A big preseason and a bit of continuity and I reckon he's in for a massive breakout year next year.

Bulldogs would be a great opportunity for Thurlow he could play AFL footy instead of VFL and cats could get a draft pick. Scotty won't select him so if I was him I'd go.

Bulldogs would be a great opportunity for Thurlow he could play AFL footy instead of VFL and cats could get a draft pick. Scotty won't select him so if I was him I'd go.

He has Mackie's spot next year. He's not going anywhere.

He has Mackie's spot next year. He's not going anywhere.
I rate him but being realistic Scott doesn't otherwise he would be in the side. its all about playing AFL for a player so I think we should be open minded... maybe get a draft pick so Scott can get someone he actually wants i.e Smith or Ablett and let Thurls go so he can play AFL somewhere else and let his career take off...which it will. He will be a very good player, everyone on here craps on about him being out of form, how about we compare his latest form stint before he was dumped to our darlings like Kolo, Murda Parsons and Parfitt. He has out performed all of them The annoying one for me is still Murdoch when heats on doesn't get a kick in early parts of games and comes homes late with late possies /goals when games are over to gloss up his output. Thurlow much better player IMO but we don't seem to want him in best 22.

I rate him but being realistic Scott doesn't otherwise he would be in the side. its all about playing AFL for a player so I think we should be open minded... maybe get a draft pick so Scott can get someone he actually wants i.e Smith or Ablett and let Thurls go so he can play AFL somewhere else and let his career take off...which it will. He will be a very good player, everyone on here craps on about him being out of form, how about we compare his latest form stint before he was dumped to our darlings like Kolo, Murda Parsons and Parfitt. He has out performed all of them The annoying one for me is still Murdoch when heats on doesn't get a kick in early parts of games and comes homes late with late possies /goals when games are over to gloss up his output. Thurlow much better player IMO but we don't seem to want him in best 22.

I don't agree Scott doesn't like him. Gave him a decent run at the start of the year when he was horribly out of form, after 12 months out of the game.

He went back to the reserves, eventually found some form and confidence, and showed some good signs in the last few rounds. Unlucky maybe to get pushed out, but something had to give.

Dawn To Dark's
Draft Watch Part 2

--- Sandringham Dragons ---

Andrew Brayshaw

Height: 187cm
Weight: 88kg

Primary Position: Inside Midfielder
Secondary Position: Half Forward Flanker

Where Brayshaw will likely be selected: Pick #9 - #30

The brother of Melbourne's Angus, Brayshaw has had to juggle Hailebury APS and school commitments. Brayshaw has clean disposal and fast hands. He also has some serious pace and enjoys the contested footy. Needs to work on his decision making coming out of defence as he has a tendency to turn it over in this part of the ground.

In 2017, Brayshaw had averaged 26.4 disposals a game, 5.7 marks a game, 6.1 tackles a game and 0.7 goals a game.

Highlights Below:

Ed Newman

Height: 183cm
Weight: 80kg

Secondary Position: Medium Defender

Where Newman will likely be selected: Pick #48 - Onwards

Was arguably the best player in the AGSV School Boys Competition for Mentone Grammar. Has a cricket background and will need to decide soon which sport he will take up. Has a very good left foot and is a smart user of the ball. Can be moved into the backline to rebound if needed. Will be picked up late in the second round. Must work on his tackling output and needs to work on his kicking for goal.

In 2017, Newman has averaged 17.0 disposals a game, 3.0 marks (2.5 contested), 2.7 tackles a game and 0.0 goals a game.

Will Walker

Primary Position: Outside Midfielder
Secondary Position: Half Forward Flank

Where Walker will likely be selected: Pick #48 - Onwards

Energetic football who never stops running. Loves winning the ball in contested situations and finding teammates with his slick hands. Able to push forward and kick goals, while Walker also loves to tackle hard. He does need to work on his kicking for goal as he has found himself in good situations in front of Goal, unable to execute. Walker also needs to improve his kicking into the forward 50 as at times it is rushed and not to the advantage of his teammates. Will most likely be picked up late in the draft but could be a gem for the club who lands him.

In 2017, Walker has averaged 19.4 disposals a game, 4.0 marks a game (1.2 contested), 4.0 tackles a game and 0.9 goals a game.

cecf7d29dab6d01cd5c046c498b0ac7d.jpg

--- Calder Cannons ---

Noah Balta

Height: 194cm
Weight: 92kg

Primary Position: Key Defender
Secondary Position: Key Forward

Where Balta will likely be selected: Pick #10 - #28

A Big bodied player, Balta has been utilised as a swingman throughout his career. Has a great pair of hands and will often jump in the contests with almighty courage. Balta also has fantastic athleticism and is comfortable picking the ball up off the ground. However, there is still uncertainty what his best position is, but versatility isn't a bad thing, hey.

In 2017, Balta has averaged 14.7 disposals a game, 4.3 marks (2.7 contested), 3.6 tackles a game and 0.9 goals a game.

Highlights Below:

Mitch Podhajski

Height: 190cm
Weight: 75kg

Secondary Position: Outside Midfielder

Where Podhajski will likely be selected: Pick #34 - #58

Podhajski loves to rebound out of defence and is able to set up attacks with his long, right kick. He is a reliable mark and is able to take them in contested areas. Can push into the midfield as the Cannons have used him effectively as a tagger. However, Podhajski does tend to give away many unnecessary free kicks. He also needs to work on his composure as mistakes from him have lead to opponents having easy shots on goal.

In 2017, Podhajski has averaged 18.9 disposals a game, 6.0 marks a game (3.1 contested), 2.6 tackles a game and 0.6 goals a game.

a566fd326ca124679cb51b30bf2ccf1e.jpg

--- Eastern Rangers ---

Jaidyn Stephenson

Height: 188cm
Weight: 76kg

Primary Position: Medium Forward
Secondary Position: Balanced Midfielder

Where Stephenson will likely be selected: Pick #12 - #26

The type of player that has the X Factor scribbled all over him, Stephenson can split a game open in seconds. Has that quick burst of speed that hurts opponents and his giant leap allows him to play as a tall. Stephenson also has a penetrating kick and is a beautiful shot for goal. Stephenson just needs to back himself when going for goal from distance as there is times where he is unsure whether to pass it off or go for the spectacular. Will most likely be selected in the first round but don't be surprised if he slides, there is a very real possibility he may fall to us at Pick #21.

In 2017, Stephenson has averaged 22.7 disposals a game, 4.6 marks a game (2.1 contested), 5.1 tackles a game and 1.0 goals a game.

Highlights Below:

Sam Hayes

Height: 200cm
Weight: 90kg

Primary Position: Ruckman

Where Hayes will likely be selected: Pick #12 - #36

Hayes despite not being very mobile, excels at winning first ball and wins many clearances from the middle. Has a strong pair of hands and is confident in front of Goal, highlighted by his 6 goal winning haul against the Gippsland Power. Hayes is a work in progress but his determination could lead him to become one of the most feared youngsters out there. Hayes must also work on hitting the ball out to the advantage of his teammates as there are occasions where he would bully his ruck opponent but Hayes would tap the ball to his oppositions advantage.

In 2017, Hayes has averaged 15.4 disposals a game, 4.5 marks a game (3.2 contested), 2.2 tackles a game, 24.0 hitouts a game and 1.3 goals a game.

Highlights Below:

--- Northern Knights ---

Ethan Penrith

Height: 179cm
Weight: 74kg

Primary Position: Half Back Flanker
Secondary Position: Back Pocket

Where Penrith will likely be selected: Pick #30 - #60

A aggressive, quick runner, Penrith is one of the most exciting players out there in this years draft. He may have his 'brain farts' when he drops easy marks and mistimes his tackles, but that is part of the package that is Ethan Penrith. Clean at ground level, Penrith loves to start attacks off his own boot. He puts his body on the line when necessary and runs at every opportunity.

In 2017, Penrith has averaged 12.4 disposals a game, 2.9 marks a game, 5.0 tackles a game and 0.2 goals a game.

Highlights Below:

--- Geelong Falcons ---

Adam Garner

Height: 193cm
Weight: 93kg

Primary Position: Key Forward
Secondary Position: Part Time Ruckman

Where Adam Garner will likely be selected: Pick #60 - Onwards

A strong contested mark, Garner is one of the few TAC Cup juniors who has an AFL ready body. Garner loves to kick goals and will usually defeat his opponent in a one on one battle. A work in progress, Garner needs to continue to improve his ground level work. His decision making is a tad shaky at times and Garner could be more pivotal in front of the big sticks.

In 2017, Adam Garner has averaged 12.2 disposals a game, 5.1 marks a game (4.2 contested), 2.7 tackles a game, 5.1 hitouts a game and 2.0 goals a game.

49700045616f7e4439dbf5f3ec5da5ee.jpg

--

GO CATS
D2D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anything new on Eric Mackenzie from WCE? Apparently linked with us as a FA and we are keen on getting him as a 1-2 year replacement for Domsy while players like Gardner are developing. I reckon if we can get him cheap, I wouldn't be upset.

Anything new on Eric Mackenzie from WCE? Apparently linked with us as a FA and we are keen on getting him as a 1-2 year replacement for Domsy while players like Gardner are developing. I reckon if we can get him cheap, I wouldn't be upset.
Link?

Who has linked him with us? I haven't seen it.

I know it's not reliable, but just around on twitter a couple of months ago. Probably nothing but the idea sounds interesting.

If we lose motlop or menzel but bring in an FA then we lose the compo pick for them. So i can't see us bringing in an FA unless its an A grade gun who is worth losing compo for.

Oh for Christ sake Jimmy!

I've got Thurlow penciled in for Duncan MKII
I think Thurlow is the business. . . . .A big preseason and a bit of continuity and I reckon he's in for a massive breakout year next year.

As do I. He's a quality player coming back from a knee.

I don't agree Scott doesn't like him. Gave him a decent run at the start of the year when he was horribly out of form, after 12 months out of the game.

He went back to the reserves, eventually found some form and confidence, and showed some good signs in the last few rounds. Unlucky maybe to get pushed out, but something had to give.
Disagree on form he shouldn't have been dropped. Scott dropped him over others so no point sugar coating it. Motlop was prefered by Scott after his crap collingwood game and year generally. Kolo has a decent game v Richmond after basically doing nothing all year, how's parfitt recent form? Parsons? Murdoch front runs!. Don't want to argue but absolutely clearly Thurlow is not required best 22 he is back up only in Scott's eyes so IMO should go elsewhere where he is required. Scott can then get his draft pick to use in his preferred players. Win win for both parties. Jackson gets to play Afl and not sit in the stands and the club get to trade.

Disagree on form he shouldn't have been dropped. Scott dropped him over others so no point sugar coating it. Motlop was prefered by Scott after his crap collingwood game and year generally. Kolo has a decent game v Richmond after basically doing nothing all year, how's parfitt recent form? Parsons? Murdoch front runs!. Don't want to argue but absolutely clearly Thurlow is not required best 22 he is back up only in Scott's eyes so IMO should go elsewhere where he is required. Scott can then get his draft pick to use in his preferred players. Win win for both parties. Jackson gets to play Afl and not sit in the stands and the club get to trade.

Thurlow's coming off an ACL. Just settle down.

Dawn To Dark's
Draft Watch Part 2

--- Sandringham Dragons ---

Andrew Brayshaw

Weight: 88kg

Secondary Position: Half Forward Flanker

Where Brayshaw will likely be selected: Pick #9 - #30

The brother of Melbourne's Angus, Brayshaw has had to juggle Hailebury APS and school commitments. Brayshaw has clean disposal and fast hands. He also has some serious pace and enjoys the contested footy. Needs to work on his decision making coming out of defence as he has a tendency to turn it over in this part of the ground.

In 2017, Brayshaw had averaged 26.4 disposals a game, 5.7 marks a game, 6.1 tackles a game and 0.7 goals a game.

Highlights Below:

Ed Newman

Height: 183cm

Secondary Position: Medium Defender

Where Newman will likely be selected: Pick #48 - Onwards

Was arguably the best player in the AGSV School Boys Competition for Mentone Grammar. Has a cricket background and will need to decide soon which sport he will take up. Has a very good left foot and is a smart user of the ball. Can be moved into the backline to rebound if needed. Will be picked up late in the second round. Must work on his tackling output and needs to work on his kicking for goal.

In 2017, Newman has averaged 17.0 disposals a game, 3.0 marks (2.5 contested), 2.7 tackles a game and 0.0 goals a game.

Will Walker

Primary Position: Outside Midfielder
Secondary Position: Half Forward Flank

Where Walker will likely be selected: Pick #48 - Onwards

Energetic football who never stops running. Loves winning the ball in contested situations and finding teammates with his slick hands. Able to push forward and kick goals, while Walker also loves to tackle hard. He does need to work on his kicking for goal as he has found himself in good situations in front of Goal, unable to execute. Walker also needs to improve his kicking into the forward 50 as at times it is rushed and not to the advantage of his teammates. Will most likely be picked up late in the draft but could be a gem for the club who lands him.

In 2017, Walker has averaged 19.4 disposals a game, 4.0 marks a game (1.2 contested), 4.0 tackles a game and 0.9 goals a game.

cecf7d29dab6d01cd5c046c498b0ac7d.jpg

--- Calder Cannons ---

Noah Balta

Height: 194cm
Weight: 92kg

Where Balta will likely be selected: Pick #10 - #28

A Big bodied player, Balta has been utilised as a swingman throughout his career. Has a great pair of hands and will often jump in the contests with almighty courage. Balta also has fantastic athleticism and is comfortable picking the ball up off the ground. However, there is still uncertainty what his best position is, but versatility isn't a bad thing, hey.

In 2017, Balta has averaged 14.7 disposals a game, 4.3 marks (2.7 contested), 3.6 tackles a game and 0.9 goals a game.

Highlights Below:

Mitch Podhajski

Height: 190cm
Weight: 75kg

Secondary Position: Outside Midfielder

Where Podhajski will likely be selected: Pick #34 - #58

Podhajski loves to rebound out of defence and is able to set up attacks with his long, right kick. He is a reliable mark and is able to take them in contested areas. Can push into the midfield as the Cannons have used him effectively as a tagger. However, Podhajski does tend to give away many unnecessary free kicks. He also needs to work on his composure as mistakes from him have lead to opponents having easy shots on goal.

In 2017, Podhajski has averaged 18.9 disposals a game, 6.0 marks a game (3.1 contested), 2.6 tackles a game and 0.6 goals a game.

a566fd326ca124679cb51b30bf2ccf1e.jpg

--- Eastern Rangers ---

Jaidyn Stephenson

Height: 188cm
Weight: 76kg

Primary Position: Medium Forward
Secondary Position: Balanced Midfielder

Where Stephenson will likely be selected: Pick #12 - #26

The type of player that has the X Factor scribbled all over him, Stephenson can split a game open in seconds. Has that quick burst of speed that hurts opponents and his giant leap allows him to play as a tall. Stephenson also has a penetrating kick and is a beautiful shot for goal. Stephenson just needs to back himself when going for goal from distance as there is times where he is unsure whether to pass it off or go for the spectacular. Will most likely be selected in the first round but don't be surprised if he slides, there is a very real possibility he may fall to us at Pick #21.

In 2017, Stephenson has averaged 22.7 disposals a game, 4.6 marks a game (2.1 contested), 5.1 tackles a game and 1.0 goals a game.

Highlights Below:

Sam Hayes

Height: 200cm
Weight: 90kg

Primary Position: Ruckman

Where Hayes will likely be selected: Pick #12 - #36

Hayes despite not being very mobile, excels at winning first ball and wins many clearances from the middle. Has a strong pair of hands and is confident in front of Goal, highlighted by his 6 goal winning haul against the Gippsland Power. Hayes is a work in progress but his determination could lead him to become one of the most feared youngsters out there. Hayes must also work on hitting the ball out to the advantage of his teammates as there are occasions where he would bully his ruck opponent but Hayes would tap the ball to his oppositions advantage.

In 2017, Hayes has averaged 15.4 disposals a game, 4.5 marks a game (3.2 contested), 2.2 tackles a game, 24.0 hitouts a game and 1.3 goals a game.

Highlights Below:

--- Northern Knights ---

Ethan Penrith

Height: 179cm
Weight: 74kg

Primary Position: Half Back Flanker
Secondary Position: Back Pocket

Where Penrith will likely be selected: Pick #30 - #60

A aggressive, quick runner, Penrith is one of the most exciting players out there in this years draft. He may have his 'brain farts' when he drops easy marks and mistimes his tackles, but that is part of the package that is Ethan Penrith. Clean at ground level, Penrith loves to start attacks off his own boot. He puts his body on the line when necessary and runs at every opportunity.

In 2017, Penrith has averaged 12.4 disposals a game, 2.9 marks a game, 5.0 tackles a game and 0.2 goals a game.

Highlights Below:

--- Geelong Falcons ---

Adam Garner

Height: 193cm
Weight: 93kg

Primary Position: Key Forward
Secondary Position: Part Time Ruckman

Where Adam Garner will likely be selected: Pick #60 - Onwards

A strong contested mark, Garner is one of the few TAC Cup juniors who has an AFL ready body. Garner loves to kick goals and will usually defeat his opponent in a one on one battle. A work in progress, Garner needs to continue to improve his ground level work. His decision making is a tad shaky at times and Garner could be more pivotal in front of the big sticks.

In 2017, Adam Garner has averaged 12.2 disposals a game, 5.1 marks a game (4.2 contested), 2.7 tackles a game, 5.1 hitouts a game and 2.0 goals a game.

49700045616f7e4439dbf5f3ec5da5ee.jpg

--

GO CATS
D2D

I would LOVE Jaidyn Stephenson but I think he'll go in the top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back