Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny you seem to think it's a bad idea to get rid of shit depth players yet you're always one of the first to bring up how they hurt the team when selected.

You can't have it both ways.

What are you talking about?

I've wanted us to rebuild for years

I'm saying that losing depth players will have us falling down the ladder which is what I want.

Whether to play depth players or not depends on the situation.

Leave Darcy out of Kelly talks. Let’s see how he progresses, if he looks any good next year, tap him up. Get him to nominate us and make an offer to Freo well below his true worth. The Perth clubs seem fine with that approach.
They're a special breed over in the West.

I'm saying that losing depth players will have us falling down the ladder which is what I want.

Fair enough, I interpreted your original post incorrectly.

Can you transfer law degree's !? Murdoch's wife recently (last 3 months) became a lawyer/solicitor....if murder was to be picked up by an interstate club could his wifey just roll the degree over ?!

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
More importantly, does Murdoch have kids? It would be unfair on any interstate club to rip him away from his immediate family and friends.

I hope we look at Jayden Hunt particularly if KK is going to the Dees. In that case we should be able to get hunt cheap.
Why would we want another player who doesn't tackle?

Slightly easier fixture next year,you'd think, coupled with harder fixtures for Hawks, Pies, Demons etc
Our players have a lot of experience, they know what it takes to play finals.

We have 2 of the best back men in the league in Blicavs and Stewart plus Henderson and Tuohy.

We have 2 of the best mids in Dangerfield and Selwood plus Duncan and Ablett.

We have one of the best KPF in Hawkins.

We will most likely play finals IMO.

Someone rang in to SEN this morning saying that Crouch and Scully were on the radar for Richmond.

Either there is some sort of crazy going on at Punt Rd (what do you trade out for two top 5 players?) or salary caps no longer mean s#it.

Crouch was linked to Richmond last week - I posted the following in the non-Geelong thread:

ACE Adelaide midfielder Brad Crouch has been linked with a move to Richmond.

But it is understood the Crows have no intention of entertaining any offers for their midfield ball magnet, who did not play an AFL game this year because of the chronic groin condition osteitis pubis...

...He has two years remaining on a four-year contract he signed with Adelaide late in the 2016 season that ties him to the club until the end of 2020.

That deal was reportedly for $2.2 million over four years.

Reports from Melbourne suggest Richmond, which is almost certain to land star Gold Coast key forward Tom Lynch as a free agent, is eyeing Crouch to beef-up its on-ball brigade after the shock preliminary final loss to Collingwood.

- If there were questions about fitting Lynch under the salary cap, then adding Crouch won't quieten any of those questions

- How many fringe Tigers players will be chatting with their managers to find out what opportunities are elsewhere, and

- I'm aware there was something suggested on social media world yesterday that Caddy may now play more midfield to accommodate the inclusion of Lynch into the forward line but not sure how that happens if other midfielders are brought in...

- So, LOL at Caddy; wanted to go somewhere new (yet again) to get increased opportunities in the midfield & not only has that not happened but the Tigers are looking at players from other teams to add to their midfield ahead of him

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...t/news-story/5515ac93a3b387c24f8870d888295d45

Crouch was linked to Richmond last week - I posted the following in the non-Geelong thread:

- If there were questions about fitting Lynch under the salary cap, then adding Crouch won't quieten any of those questions

- How many fringe Tigers players will be chatting with their managers to find out what opportunities are elsewhere, and

- I'm aware there was something suggested on social media world yesterday that Caddy may now play more midfield to accommodate the inclusion of Lynch into the forward line but not sure how that happens if other midfielders are brought in...

- So, LOL at Caddy; wanted to go somewhere new (yet again) to get increased opportunities in the midfield & not only has that not happened but the Tigers are looking at players from other teams to add to their midfield ahead of him

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...t/news-story/5515ac93a3b387c24f8870d888295d45

He has a premiership medal and kicked a bag of goals this year, cant see him being to upset about it to be honest.

On footywire? I've got no doubt Thurlow can rack up 20 touches a week but he can't defend one on one. He has lost the agilty he once possesed and has no sprint speed. There is a reason he only played 7 games. O'Connor, Cunico all got games in front of him. Say what you want about Scott and the match committee but they're not so inept to not see something that is there.

Neither can Tuohy, doesn't stop him getting a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to go after Sam Mitchell. Turned a B+ grade midfield into a premiership midfield.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

Something not known and Mitchell gets all the credit.

Nathan Van Berlo is actually the stoppage coach, hats off to him just as much

You’re wanting us to fall down the ladder?

Good supporter you are :sick:

You’re wanting us to fall down the ladder?

Good supporter you are :sick:
Prior to our 2007 premiership we had 2 x 12 finishes, a 9 finish and a 10 finish but by farrk did we bounce back after all those delicious draft picks.

So to have a few bad years and bounce back with better picks in the draft beats hovering around 8th possie for 4 years then when a new coach comes along he has to rebuild anyway.

Game style is what won west coast the flag, they are elite kicks...
Collingwood's lack of key position stocks won WC that flag. And Shaun Ryan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back