Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade Radio: Nick dal Santo says he doesn't know where the improvement for Geelong comes from next year. He's saying they can't expect to compete for the Premiership if they keep up the same trade philosophy from the last 3 years.

Isn't this the same bloke who got caught on camera playing with his wang with 2 other blokes in the room, says it all really, w***er!!!

Trade Radio: Nick dal Santo says he doesn't know where the improvement for Geelong comes from next year. He's saying they can't expect to compete for the Premiership if they keep up the same trade philosophy from the last 3 years.
And what trade philosophy was that?

trade radio is a total wank, when you have 12 hours to fill on non events you fill it with shite
last year geelong went hard at youth minus the stupid ablett trade, ie he should have been a freebie
they let motlop go to bring in youth

ie you cant compare the last 3 years, when last year was a reload of youth
its time nicky takes her bit and talks to her cousin, who is an elite talent and sooking it up

cos a 300 game player isn't going to know much about footy?

he either has analytical skills or he doesn't, how successful he or his team was has little bearing of how good his analysis is
I'm glad he has 300 games of AFL under his belt - how exactly does that relate to him having any understanding of list management & development strategies & philosophies?

He is entitled to his opinion but doesn't mean his opinion is right

topping up (hasn't worked and will continue not to work)

he was spot on but the delusional supporters here still think we can win a flag
collingwood was imploding a year ago, and went close to snagging a flag

the competition is so close, and a bit of luck can make things happen

watch the tigers unfold, as their depth will be raded, and they will not go another 24 months with minimal injuries

topping up (hasn't worked and will continue not to work)

he was spot on but the delusional supporters here still think we can win a flag

Nice to see al clarkson is going down the exact same pathway with hawthorn bringing in players from other clubs. The same foundation that won them 3 flags.

The Menzel, Murdoch Thurlow headline said club told them to look for new deals, article itself states they may be offered deals to stay at Geelong. Trade period at its finest.
Meaning that if they are re-signed by the club it will be at a greatly reduced rate

Quoting footy wire and a career comparison with an irish lad who would have been learning the game at 24 who wasn't struggling for AFL exposure. Yeah bud I'm the one who stuff all about footy. Be sure to tag me next year when he's in and out of the lions side and mrs Thurlow can get you posting on thier board.

Sent from my SM-A300Y using Tapatalk
That says it all, comparing a 24 year old with Irish background who is durable and consistently plays against someone who has had 2 major injuries over the same time and is the perennial fall guy at selection is just not fair! I need to learn more about football.

He is UFA. So we get Compo depending on what deal they offer him.

We don't know the compo bands under the AFL's formula, but I suspect he will get a 2-3 year deal, maybe around 300-350k per season, but that's a wild guess.

It seems, the worst case for Compo is a 3rd round pick, whether that's after GCFC's 3rd rounder, or our 3rd rounder, not really sure. So that is either Pick 42ish or Pick 48ish.

http://www.afl.com.au/afl-hq/the-afl-explained/free-agency
Won't get compo at all with Dahlhaus coming in.

Nice to see al clarkson is going down the exact same pathway with hawthorn bringing in players from other clubs. The same foundation that won them 3 flags.
Hawthorn are buggered IMOO.
Just going to be a less successful version of what we've been the last few years.
Can't let Clarko drop down the ladder and tarnish his image as a great coach I guess.

I'm not sure that anyone is too critical of the topping that has been done up until now. It was worth trying to pinch a flag whilst we had a strong core of players still at the club. It's more a recognition that the philosophy hasn't unfortunately delivered the ultimate prize so therefore NOW we should be concentrating on replenishing our list through the best young talent we can identify and get out hands on. I think that is what Dal Santo was probably getting at.

I'm not sure that anyone is too critical of the topping that has been done up until now. It was worth trying to pinch a flag whilst we had a strong core of players still at the club. It's more a recognition that the philosophy hasn't unfortunately delivered the ultimate prize so therefore NOW we should be concentrating on replenishing our list through the best young talent we can identify and get out hands on. I think that is what Dal Santo was probably getting at.
I think you’re being too kind to him but the rest of what you say is fair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With all the dead wood we have cleared out, plus how many we drafted last year, and debuted this year, how are we not building for the future anyway?

Dahl is a free agent costing nothing and rowan will probably be a very late pick so we aren't giving up valuable picks for them.

Many people have been critical of topping up. It's only now people are starting to realise what a failure it has been and will continue to be.

The media is also very slow to catch on, so opinions are very one sided.

topping up is not the issue
its wasting 6 r1 picks thats the issue
Often forgotten. Nail even 2-3 of them and we look like a very different team.

So Chris Scott and his elite staff don’t know anything either?

The reply was responding to those who were dismissing Dal Santo's credentials because he hasn't won a flag. As if that makes him a clueless flog.

I said his analytical skills were the most important so I'm not going to dismiss what someone says because they aren't ex premiership players.

Chris Scott and his staff have proven their incompetence over many years.

Some people have poor analytical skills and don't learn from their mistakes.

Many people have been critical of topping up. It's only now people are starting to realise what a failure it has been and will continue to be.

The media is also very slow to catch on, so opinions are very one sided.

I think it's very easy to be critical in hindsight. There are a host of reasons we haven't been able to jag a flag the past 7 years. I'm not sure that the topping up is too high on that list. I think though there has to be a recognition as I said earlier that we need a significant change in direction in order to not become a basket case down the track.

how many years has wells had to find them?

I thought that Chris Scott was the one that we scapegoat on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back