Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Topping up is the top of the list. Like I said plenty were critical of the direction we took.

We will be a basket case whether people like it or not, it's just a matter of how bad we become.

Since we are no longer a destination club few will want to come here forcing us into the draft anyway.

So what constitutes a basket case. Melbourne and Carlton over the last decade or Gold Coast right now? Just want to make sure we have you pinned down so you can be held to your statements

Tuohy was smedts and a 6 pick downgrade. We seriously won that trade by a country mile.

Ablett had a good year so don't know where you are going with that.

The jury is still out on Nakia.
2E: win. Durable. Still got years left.
Ablett: pick swap 19 for 24 and a 2nd rounder. Mmmm I dunno. Probably only 2 years service. 50/50 for mine.
Henderson: 1st rounder. Can't play full back, can't play finals. Bung knee. Loss .
Nakia: Jury's almost deliberated. Not looking good. Sooo hope he can make it.
Others:
Danger: Win
Caddy/Parfitt: Certainly a chance of a win.
Stanley: Loss, but hopefully can be salvaged to a respectable level
Hmac: Bad Loss.
Mitch Clark: FFS!

Last edited:
I imagine they look at it as initial pain for long-term gain.

Yes..like Carlton....how many spoons have they won on the road to success?

Oh...and this..er...strategy justifies their anti-coach rhetoric as well.

Win/win for them....lets jump on the wagon and call for a Carlton like revival....

Yes..like Carlton....how many spoons have they won on the road to success?

Oh...and this..er...strategy justifies their anti-coach rhetoric as well.

Win/win for them....lets jump on the wagon and call for a Carlton like revival....
I love how everyone points to Carlton to justify not rebuilding.
They are the exception not the rule.
Also didn't they go out and trade for the No1 player in the comp at one point??

So what constitutes a basket case. Melbourne and Carlton over the last decade or Gold Coast right now? Just want to make sure we have you pinned down so you can be held to your statements

wooden spoon, bottom 4 for 3 years, 5+ years of no finals

is that good enough

2E: win. Durable. Still got years left.
Ablett: pick swap 19 for 24 and a 2nd rounder. Mmmm I dunno. Probably only 2 years service. 50/50 for mine.
Henderson: 1st rounder. Can't play full back, can't play finals. Bung knee. Loss .
Nakia: Jury's almost deliberated. Not looking good. Sooo hope he can make it.
Others:
Danger: Win
Caddy/Parfitt: Certainly a chance of a win.
Stanley: Loss, but hopefully can be salvaged to a respectable level
Hmac: Bad Loss.
Mitch Clark: FFS!
danger is loss, as noone else has had to cough up for a restricted free agent
given gaff and co moving this year, shows how weak we are

So an ex-player on the radio has more credentials than a premiership-winning coach with an overall 72% W/L record and his elite staff, who are at the top of their job and whose role is to specifically manage the list and players and by doing so have resulted in has essentially making the finals every year after being a club who almost when into administration?
You obviously haven't been to the Chris Scott thread.

Reasons not to take any notice of the 10000 fan run Facebook pages or twitter accounts.. I was listening to trade radio at work, that report paints it nothing at all like Barrett was saying. He said we were still interested and he wouldn't be surprised if we tried hard the last 48 hours of trade period ... Had we gotten everything else done that we were trying to do

Reasons not to take any notice of the 10000 fan run Facebook pages or twitter accounts.. I was listening to trade radio at work, that report paints it nothing at all like Barrett was saying. He said we were still interested and he wouldn't be surprised if we tried hard the last 48 hours of trade period ... Had we gotten everything else done that we were trying to do
Willo... Only posting it as I thought it be interesting.. You want me drop Posting article like this?

I disagree

The jury is very much in on Cockatoo

Bust

And if he has a full year injury free? Then its time to judge.

You are forgetting that we are paying him well under his market value, and much less than the crows were prepared to pay. And what we gave up turned out being pretty average for the crows. We got a brownlow medallist, they got gore and milera.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a restricted free agent, and I know you are well aware of the rules, how you call the Dangerfield trade a loss is mind boggling. Have you got any Adelaide mates? Ask them about their big win.

01b45e73db3a528b99e579e727ac0b5a.png

Still a chance to offload Menz? Blues/Dogs
Duncan rumour won't die.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Don't worry, I've been assured by members of this board that it is stupid to even post potential trades for Duncan.

Must mean he's no chance to leave.

Should we have overpaid his salary to stop Adelaide matching?

That's the only way we wouldn't have had to deal with a trade for him - he took unders in terms of salary which was always going to equate having to trade for him, so ultimately it was a win

Don't worry, I've been assured by members of this board that it is stupid to even post potential trades for Duncan.

Leading into the trade period for the pats 5 odd years we've been reading/hearing that Duncan is going to return home to WA - I guess if the rumour continues to get airtime every year that someone is increasing their chances of actually being right one of these days.

Until we hear something form Duncan himself, I don't give much credit to the twitter rumours from random individuals

I love how everyone points to Carlton to justify not rebuilding.
They are the exception not the rule.
Also didn't they go out and trade for the No1 player in the comp at one point??
Carlton, St Kilda, Melbourne, Gold Coast, GWS.

Actually, no one in the past decade has rebuilt from scratch to win a flag without significant help from trades and FAs.

Moreso Duncan has said it’s not happening. What people say here is of no consequence.

Leading into the trade period for the pats 5 odd years we've been reading/hearing that Duncan is going to return home to WA - I guess if the rumour continues to get airtime every year that someone is increasing their chances of actually being right one of these days.

Until we hear something form Duncan himself, I don't give much credit to the twitter rumours from random individuals
At some point he probably will head home.

A lot of players who are drafted by interstate clubs actually do.

Just because the rumours have been wrong before, it does not mean they aren't accurate this time.

We're obviously going to make some wholesale moves this off season and I doubt GHS and Thurlow will be the only trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back