Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Should we start looking at recruiting home grown talent from Victoria? The more and more people these days are asking to come home, yes we have current players from WA, Duncan, Narkle. But the rumours of Kelly wanting to go home, and the very small chance of Duncan also. We have had a great run from the players in the 07-11. Mackie, Corey, Ottens, Taylor, Enright etc. But the current new age it seems like there is a larger % of using the home sick.... Look I'm just putting it out there see what people views are..
You forgot to mention Brad Hartman wink wink

its funny to see how TK has not even said a word about leaving and Damo already has the pick that we havent got for a player that hasn't left yet being traded to a club for a player who has said he aint coming nor does he want to but its still a good possibility to happen.

Ahhh trade week..

Dont ever change.

Go CAtters
Funny thing on Trade radio when he was on a hot mike he was talking to Hutchy and he said no one was taking his calls or returning his texts in club land

01b45e73db3a528b99e579e727ac0b5a.png

Still a chance to offload Menz? Blues/Dogs
Duncan rumour won't die.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Toot Toot

Should we start looking at recruiting home grown talent from Victoria? The more and more people these days are asking to come home, yes we have current players from WA, Duncan, Narkle. But the rumours of Kelly wanting to go home, and the very small chance of Duncan also. We have had a great run from the players in the 07-11. Mackie, Corey, Ottens, Taylor, Enright etc. But the current new age it seems like there is a larger % of using the home sick.... Look I'm just putting it out there see what people views are..
Rohan.

I like Duncan but if we can get a top 10 pick for him we should trade him to any club that will offer the best deal. (That he agrees to)
It would give us a great opportunity to draft some young talent. And it sends a message the club is proactive.
Sends a message to who?

It's interesting to note the spectrum of opinion here, the vehemence........that I am right and everyone else is wrong.......that one player is too old, inadequate, too old, too slow, yet he is the in a prime age bracket, perfect for our needs and will complement our side.....

Then we have the collective belief that the large organisation that is the GFC will / should somehow deliver almost perfect agreement / results with virtual perfection re: unanimous agreements on players, recruitments, strategies, balance etc.

It can't be easy be a scout, recruitment manager, coach etc when perfection is expected but you are as exposed to the foibles of human nature, opinion, and lapses of judgement as the public who judge you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Duncan but if we can get a top 10 pick for him we should trade him to any club that will offer the best deal. (That he agrees to)
It would give us a great opportunity to draft some young talent. And it sends a message the club is proactive.

I like Mitch Duncan a lot and by a lot I mean I’d prefer he stayed over getting a high draft pick for him.
BUT if I was Mitch and Freo came knocking I’d be on the first plane.
If he was to join Freo he becomes their second best mid and would be paid as such, if he stays he’s No4 or 5 if Kelly stays.
If he’s still at the club in a few weeks time he’s standing at the club should never again be questioned, he will never leave and will probably play 300 games in the hoops.

Yes..like Carlton....how many spoons have they won on the road to success?

Oh...and this..er...strategy justifies their anti-coach rhetoric as well.

Win/win for them....lets jump on the wagon and call for a Carlton like revival....
I was just pointing out that wanting us to bottom out doesn’t make them a shit supporter, just wrong. Going to the draft is just as much of a crap shoot as topping up, while good clubs try to do both.

Carlton, St Kilda, Melbourne, Gold Coast, GWS.

Actually, no one in the past decade has rebuilt from scratch to win a flag without significant help from trades and FAs.
Sure you know what you're on about?
Melbourne got, Mclean, Dawes, Mitch Clark, Lebumba, Lever, Lewis, Hibbard ....
That's more than Hawthorn !
Carlton: Judd doesn't count. Biggest trade ever!, Daisy, Palmer, Jones, Dochety Everitt
GWS: Deledio, Mumford, GriffinShaw + more.
Gee the Bulldogs really traded their with Boyd and ......
If StKilda are smart they'll wait till they have a team thats close to having a go and then bring a couple in. Like what we did with Ottens.

Sure you know what you're on about?
Melbourne got, Mclean, Dawes, Mitch Clark, Lebumba, Lever, Lewis, Hibbard ....
That's more than Hawthorn !
Carlton: Judd doesn't count. Biggest trade ever!, Daisy, Palmer, Jones, Dochety Everitt
GWS: Deledio, Mumford, GriffinShaw + more.
Gee the Bulldogs really traded their with Boyd and ......
If StKilda are smart they'll wait till they have a team thats close to having a go and then bring a couple in. Like what we did with Ottens.
Not sure what you’re on about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back