Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Menzel was worth the experiment, but he just can't last a full season. Lets get in Gary instead! Murdoch was done 2 seasons ago. We wasted Horlin Smith's time. Hope he makes it elswhere. ******* hope he stars. Lincoln McCarthy, for all his talent, would need to be the luckiest AFL footballer around to still be sought after. Good on him.
he must have passed the medical so worth the effort. Menz I am thinking wont get offers for two years even if there are nibbles; best is one year + option if he plays enough games in the first year.

He's a free agent so we get nothing.
Can we get this clarified? If unrestricted free agent, yes we get nothing unless he wants to go to a particular club and thus we need to receive something to ensure that otherwise he's into the draft? pick 90 or some such?

I am staggered we would get rid of Jordan Murdoch and bring in Gary Rohan. For mine Murdoch is actually better. Given they both do have their flaws.

Over the last 2 seasons for starters Rohan has played 27 games Murdoch 38 games.

Statistslly Murdoch is far superior.
Disposals Ave
Rohan
2017 - 9 Disp efficiency 73%
2018 - 10 Disp efficiency 62%
Murdoch
2017 - 15 Disp efficiency 71%
2018 - 17 Disp efficiency 76%

Murdoch averaged 1 more tackle in each of the last 2 seasons than Rohan..

If you look at the stats overall there isn't a lot separating the 2.

But clearly Murdoch gets more of the ball and uses it better.

Why we are looking at Rohan is beyond me.
This one, and who knows what is true and what is not- seems to be an example of our lack of strategy in recruiting and lack of strategic direction toward winning a GF.
On one hand we have CS playing 5 kids with less than 5o games each game. Could be a good thing, they get experience ,learn to play the Geelong way-that used to be move the ball quickly into the forward line where we had smart goal kickers and a forward line plan- and learn to play together. If that had been the strategy from 2013 on we would have had that cohesive 'team'.
On the other hand we have the topping up with older players, some worthy of it if played in a better position like Ablett, others a waste of time, Black and Crameri who we delist after one or two years. And now talk of more 26+ year olds.
Who is responsible for the lack of direction-the Board, The CEO, the Coach or all of them
Just wish that we could take one option and stick to it.

Hi Guys and Girls , I haven’t been around for awhile as I needed a break after such a poor season , some things never change lol. Anyway , what’s your take on Gregson ? Would he be worth considering for the Saints given our lack of talent on our list ? Or are his leg issues too bad ? I have to admit I know little about him .

Go Saints

Hi Guys and Girls , I haven’t been around for awhile as I needed a break after such a poor season , some things never change lol. Anyway , what’s your take on Gregson ? Would he be worth considering for the Saints given our lack of talent on our list ? Or are his leg issues too bad ? I have to admit I know little about him .

Go Saints

Lonie is better than Gregson. That should tell you something.

Go Saints
Good pace and goal sense. Applies pressure but does so quite inconsistently (one game he might have 9+ tackles and the next 1). Wouldn't be a bad get for the Saints on an original short term. Good leap and fairly good in the air and also has quite a long kick for his size. It's disappointing he's been injured cause he was really impressive in 2015 but might be worth it for nothing

Go Saints
Gregson was fine before his foot issues. A real goer who loved a running goal. He is currently in rehab after his first two navicular operations were stuffed up thanks to wrong-sized screws. :eek:

Go Saints
List plodder. Don't say that to the masses around here though who actually believe he had talent. St.Kilda are better off staying away.

Go Saints

Vanilla small with injury problems.

Better off sticking with a 19yo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The hero we need but don’t deserve.
I cannot believe that this hasn't got more legs.

This time of year, all these puffed up two bit gossip-mongers get airtime on popular media, as these 'authorities on trades'. Yet at the end of the trade period the deadset truth is that, they go back to their natural habit, riffling through garbage bins while wearing their cheap polyester suits, knees shiny from regular kneeling and snuffling.

Will be really gutted if Menz leaves, absolutely love him and have many MTMF clothing, can’t blame him if he gets a 2-year deal and takes it but geez he kicks goals and we cannot afford to lose firepower up forward. Dahlhaus is not a big goal kicker, Hawkins is getting on, and we can’t rely on Dangerfield down there to kick goals.

104 goals in 52 games, id give him a 2-year deal, reckon his durability over the last 3 years has been good, with the odd setback here and there.

We will be surprised how big a loss he will be.

Will be really gutted if Menz leaves, absolutely love him and have many MTMF clothing, can’t blame him if he gets a 2-year deal and takes it but geez he kicks goals and we cannot afford to lose firepower up forward. Dahlhaus is not a big goal kicker, Hawkins is getting on, and we can’t rely on Dangerfield down there to kick goals.

104 goals in 52 games, id give him a 2-year deal, reckon his durability over the last 3 years has been good, with the odd setback here and there.

We will be surprised how big a loss he will be.

Second year in arow they have tried to move him on .
Wouldn't be surprised if he has cracked the shits with the club big time.

Geelong have fuuu all forwards has it is .You already have a guy who can kick a bag and win you a game for you on the list in menz.

Second year in arow they have tried to move him on .
Wouldn't be surprised if he has cracked the shits with the club big time.

Geelong have fuuu all forwards has it is .You already have a guy who can kick a bag and win you a game for you on the list in menz.

Don’t understand it.

Rohan and Dahlhaus won’t kick 20 between them ffs.

we should be trading Tim Kelly for Jack Darling/ Sean Darcy and a 2nd round pick
Get it done before we lose all the value next year with no compo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back