Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abbott quotes from a couple of days ago:

“I am a local Geelong boy and have played all of my football here so the priority is to be playing with Geelong going forward,” he said.

“Obviously I haven’t re-signed yet at Geelong but I really do want to stay at his club.”...

...“There is a real feeling that everyone starts at square one when we come back to pre-season,” he said.

“It is a really healthy competition but all three of us, hopefully, are there and all fighting for the number one spot, and that can only be of benefit to the team.”

Doesn't sound like a player who is looking too hard at other options - I'd expect him to stay

Hall can go to North as far as I'm concerned. We're trying to get soft one-way runners out of the club not bring them in.

Is Cockatoo someone we could get an2nd rounder for?

Have faith brother. He has more talent than 90% of our list. Still a young buck. I'll give him another year.
Oh and if we do get a Pick 25-35 lets say
hypothetically .. it will only go to getting Bailey Scott if he selects us.
Picks in that range this year is a bit of a waste if Scott
selects us IMO.
We need a pick in the 18-20 to avoid using it on Scott we have 47 53 55 56 for that. As Scott should be a pick in the 20's i would think.

Have faith brother. He has more talent than 90% of our list. Still a young buck. I'll give him another year.
selects us IMO.
We need a pick in the 18-20 to avoid using it on Scott we have 47 53 55 56 for that. As Scott should be a pick in the 20's i would think.
Are you a Safari user? Happens to me sometimes..

Imo , I think we need to work out a way to have something to trade IN DRAFT. If we have a future pick from someone maybe add ours ..it appeals to someone wanting point for next year... maybe we can get something in the draft so it does not affect the Scott call.. who that club would be I dont know.. the suns will have picks but are another option for Scott so they may not wish to be congenial

And Duncan to Freo, having a medical apparently lololololololol

Ah yes, the usual Duncan being traded back to WA talk. It must be getting very close to the silly season. I think he's allegedly had a medical / met with WA teams after every season with us hasn't he? Yet, he hasn't gone back there and this year won't be any different. Reminds me of Joel Corey, he was consistently linked with a move back to WA almost every trade period wasn't he?

Duncan will be a Cat 2019 and beyond.

Is Murdoch out of contract? Id say we'll be trying to offload him somewhere if he is.
Also is Steven still any good?

Murdoch is a very limited and frustrating player, but he is durable and good depth at worst. He is worth more to us than some crappy pick we'd get in return imo. I reckon the club would ideally like to keep him on minimal money for depth purposes, unless of course we get offered a reasonable pick (which we won't) or he wants to leave for more opportunity, which is fair enough.

selects us IMO.

Yeah Cocky needs to be retained unless we get a godfather offer for him such as a first round pick. We've invested so much in him, we need to see if he can get his body right.

Murdoch is a very limited and frustrating player, but he is durable and good depth at worst. He is worth more to us than some crappy pick we'd get in return imo. I reckon the club would ideally like to keep him on minimal money for depth purposes, unless of course we get offered a reasonable pick (which we won't) or he wants to leave for more opportunity, which is fair enough.
Yeah I get ya. Id just like it to be the finish of the Murdoch era and the end of Mccarthyism I guess.

Hall can go to North as far as I'm concerned. We're trying to get soft one-way runners out of the club not bring them in.

Soft? Maybe. One-Way runner?? Maybe that as well. But that would be 90% of the Suns team lol.
Don't agree entirely on those two points.
But i will say he would be in our most skilful and on pure speed in our TOP 5 players at the club... EASILY.
I'd take a punt on him as he would walk into our starting line up.
Would easily make our bottom 6 better... better than Cunico, Parsons, Murda, Thurlow even Cam Guthrie.
For me i'd love to see him on the wing or off half back.
He along with LukeyDahl & a return of Cocky makes a much quicker side something we lack in spades.
Anyhow thats my little take on Hall.
Cheers & GO CATTERS!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah yes, the usual Duncan being traded back to WA talk. It must be getting very close to the silly season. I think he's allegedly had a medical / met with WA teams after every season with us hasn't he? Yet, he hasn't gone back there and this year won't be any different. Reminds me of Joel Corey, he was consistently linked with a move back to WA almost every trade period wasn't he?

Duncan will be a Cat 2019 and beyond.
Yeah but this time it's trading Duncans wife to Freo not him, should be a solid 1st rd offer.

Soft? Maybe. One-Way runner?? Maybe that as well. But that would be 90% of the Suns team lol.
Don't agree entirely on those two points.
But i will say he would be in our most skilful and on pure speed in our TOP 5 players at the club... EASILY.
I'd take a punt on him as he would walk into our starting line up.
Would easily make our bottom 6 better... better than Cunico, Parsons, Murda, Thurlow even Cam Guthrie.
For me i'd love to see him on the wing or off half back.
He along with LukeyDahl & a return of Cocky makes a much quicker side something we lack in spades.
Anyhow thats my little take on Hall.
Cheers & GO CATTERS!!
And he's selfish. He's another type who is likely to crumble in finals. We need players who are hard edged. Cockatoo remaining healthy is important. He's hard at the contest, he has speed and he can take the game on. If Hall wasn't soft he'd be a good inclusion.

2/3 years ago they was an article in the paper about Hall after he had been dropped for the second time that season - it mentioned how he was going great as an offensive player but he was dropped for lack of two-way running and defensive work.

I remember at the same time we were raising those exact issues about Motlop and that you could very easily interchange the two names.

Very happy to pass - not the type of player we need

I'm sure I'm very much in the minority here but I'd happily have Hall here, yes I'd be hoping our system can get more consistent efforts out of Hall because he definitely has some attributes that we desperately lack, the one balking point for me is probably his age.

I'm sure I'm very much in the minority here but I'd happily have Hall here, yes I'd be hoping our system can get more consistent efforts out of Hall because he definitely has some attributes that we desperately lack, the one balking point for me is probably his age.
If we can get him cheap (pick in the 70's) and he's sitting in the VFL with Guthrie, I'm urge the club to do it.

For all this talk of players from other clubs, it would be even better if we were linked to a CHF. I’d let all the others pass for a solid key fwd to provide support for Hawkins.

His name is Esava Ratugolea and IMO he’s the best young big man prospect we’ve had since Shane Mumford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back