Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all this talk of players from other clubs, it would be even better if we were linked to a CHF. I’d let all the others pass for a solid key fwd to provide support for Hawkins.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think that Ratugolea may fill the post in 2019.

We could do with another medium tall forward who is strong over head, good below the knees, and a reliable kick to help take the pressure off Hawkins. I am thinking of something like Menzel (before injuries) and Steve Johnson when he played HFF. Jack Henry can play that role, but I would not mind another 190cm+ good forward on the list. But yes, I agree that we are short on developing taller forwards.

Last edited:
Hall is 27, this isnt the Geelong Retirement Village

If we cant get a draft pick for a player then it should at least be someone who is 24 or younger.
I don’t think you’ll get any disagreement on Hall.
It’s absurd.

And Rohan ain’t far behind.

Go Catters

Is there any articles out there about Kade Kolodjashnij to geelong? Can’t find anything...

I don’t think you’ll get any disagreement on Hall.
It’s absurd.

And Rohan ain’t far behind.

Go Catters

I get it but we are going have to bring some FA or easy trade guys in because we aren't going to go to the draft and get 6+ player, in fact id be surprised if its more than 4.

Calling complete bullshit on the GHS-Hall Trade Rumour... GHS is a free agent...
And his contract would be so minimal that he’s not going to have any influence over the Lynch compensation. And even if GC paid him a significant fee that it did influence the compensation. AFL aren’t going to shaft their baby on shuffling their compensation down the draft.
We might get Hall and GC and might get GHS. But it’s not happening because of a direct swap between these 2.

It might involve a pick upgrade or swap though say our 2019 R3 and GHS for Hall or something like that.

OK, so let's go threw the list of which players we have been reported to be interested in ( and I mean TV, Newspaper have had us linked to)

Luke Dahlhaus
Gary Rohan
Stephan Martin
Jack Stevens ( but supposedly it's been knocked on the head )

Player from our club that have been mentioned to other clubs are

George Horlin Smith - Gold Coast
Lincon McCarthy - Brisbane
Daniel Menzel - St Kilda
Ryan Abbott - exploring what else clubs have.

Does that look about right?

Thurlow and Murdoch are also unsigned.

For all this talk of players from other clubs, it would be even better if we were linked to a CHF. I’d let all the others pass for a solid key fwd to provide support for Hawkins.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

There's not many of them and they cost massive cash and high picks.

Someone has to convince GHS to actually go to the Gold Coast, that might take some doing? I thought the Blues were into him?

He'll get games he'll go there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade Radio saying Norf is the front runner for Hall.
giphy.gif

Not that i care but they will struggle to get all of Polec Gaff and Hall done.
Gaff as a FA and Hall as a later pick. Polec their first, not that I think he's worth that.

Some people have made the point that Geelong didn’t build their premiership side with early picks. This is true (notwithstanding our luck with F/S picks), however we did have a large quantity of picks. How many people willing recall the following selections I wonder:

1999 Draft:

Pick 15 - David Spriggs
Pick 17 - Ezra Bray
Pick 23 - Daniel Foster

2001 Draft:

Pick 23 - Charlie Gardiner
Pick 41 - Henry Playfair
Pick 69 - Matthew McCarthy

If we’d had ‘only’ picks 8, 15, 17 and 23 in 1999 (what would be regarded as a bounty today), we’d have drafted Corey, but not Chapman, Ling or Enright.

I think the club did the right thing in pursuing another flag on Selwood’s and Hawkins’ watch, but I’d now like to see a few drafts in which we take a good 6 or 7 players. We can still make the most of FA when a good opportunity presents itself, or trade for a quality player in the right age group if they want to come to the club

It might involve a pick upgrade or swap though say our 2019 R3 and GHS for Hall or something like that.

That makes absolutely zero sense for GC still. GHS is a free agent. Why would they pay (trading hall) for that? The only reason to trade would be in case it will hurt their Lynch Points but this won’t.
If Geelong came in with GHS and 3rd round pick swaps, the response would be we’ll take GHS for free agent and we
want more / better picks or a different player. GHS isn’t a trade sweetener this year.
As I said both players might end up at respective clubs but it won’t happen with a direct trade between these two.

That makes absolutely zero sense for GC still. GHS is a free agent. Why would they pay (trading hall) for that? The only reason to trade would be in case it will hurt their Lynch Points but this won’t.
If Geelong came in with GHS and 3rd round pick swaps, the response would be we’ll take GHS for free agent and we
want more / better picks or a different player. GHS isn’t a trade sweetener this year.
As I said both players might end up at respective clubs but it won’t happen with a direct trade between these two.

They will want to protect the FA compo. Also Hall is not worth more than a R3 so in that scenario GHS is chucked in free its basically just a goodwill thing. They struggle to attract players they will take what they can get.

Gaff as a FA and Hall as a later pick. Polec their first, not that I think he's worth that.
Polec - I'm homesick I wanna go home to SA (real reason money)
Polec - I wanna go to north, the missus' family lives there (real reason money)

Smells a lot like Mitch Clark to me. Probably a shit bloke too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back