Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im getting really fed up with reading supposed fans of this great club continually bagging out any new recruits we get, its ******* pathetic, these guys are going to put 100% in for us on the field and all I hear is "oh he is shit" "he is a potato" "we suck at trading, not like the hawks". How about giving them a chance before you lose your shit and bag the club for the decisions they make. I for one am very please with the trading we have done so far, we have 3 new players and decent players at that for hardly any loss, also the stance the club is taking with Kelly is great and I applaud them for it. You guys need to grow up, if you dont like the new players then dont support the club, simple as that.
This is a quality melt.

we could be bottom 8 next year

I’m talking about the past for all those sides, big history and obviously Hawthorn are the bench mark, in 2017 they finished 12th
Everyone thought they’re done, bring in Mitchell and O’Meara and likely to bring in Wingard and a possible Scully.
History has more about a players opinion than 1 season outside the 8

It could be that Geelong are trying to get a player included in a deal

I assumed the same. If WC can't satisfy us with pick/s then a player will have to be involved. Brander is the one that keeps getting brought up by media but there has been no suggestion as yet that he (or any other player) are being discussed.

Heard a suggestion is being discussed

Port get 4 and 28 and st kilda future 3rd
Lose 6 and 10

StKilda get 6, 20 and 22
Stkilda lose 4 and 28 and future 3rd

Geelong get 10
Geelong lose Kelly

Eagles get Kelly
Eagles lose 20 and 22

That works and seems fair to all parties.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lose 6 and 10

StKilda get 6, 20 and 22

Geelong get 10
Geelong lose Kelly

Eagles get Kelly
Eagles lose 20 and 22
How but they give 20, 22 and Brander. And we say thank you very much and stop offering our players 5 year deals worth over 800k and expecting us to bend over

I get that the mantra is a Top 10 pick.

But sometimes it gets to be where the sum of the parts is worth more than the big part in isolation.

IE would 20,22 and RD1 2019 from WC be enough for TK and GFC Rd 3 2019.

I get the desire to get that high pick, but if it just does not happen,

GFC get
2018 Pick 20, 22
WC Rd 1 pick 2019.

WC
TK
GFC Rd 3 pick 2019.

GO Catters

Lose 6 and 10

StKilda get 6, 20 and 22

Geelong get 10
Geelong lose Kelly

Eagles get Kelly
Eagles lose 20 and 22

Could work if Port are desperate to improve their top pick. They give up the most there.

But sometimes it gets to be where the sum of the parts is worth more than the big part in isolation.

GFC get
2018 Pick 20, 22
WC Rd 1 pick 2019.

WC
TK
GFC Rd 3 pick 2019.

GO Catters
That's a great deal for Geelong

GFC get
2018 Pick 20, 22
WC Rd 1 pick 2019.

WC
TK
GFC Rd 3 pick 2019.

GO Catters

Technically that would mean we get 3 first round picks for Kelly, cant see that happening....yes yes I know 20 & 22 are only being classified as 1st rounders but are really 2nd rounders but still 3 picks that high is a lot for even Kelly, if that were to eventuate though I would give 20 for Scully.

HAWKS showing us how to do business, who would you prefer wingard & Scully or Rowan and Dalhaus

Derp. Selling the farm for players heading towards late 20's while giving up quality youth and first round picks is the first thing people complain about us doing, but it's ok for the hawks? We gave up nothing for dahl and rowan.

you will see in time, they have dynamic players wanting to go to them

Like Dylan Shiel?

Let them get Wingard, he has a shit attitude and is a shadow of the player he could be. Scully is a gamble as his broken ankle is supposed to be in pretty bad shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back