Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not suggesting that we use pick 12 but Bailey Williams highlights do actually look awesome. Moves bloody well for a 200cm player. Seems to just read the flight of the ball well in to the bargain

Be very happy if we somehow got a 2nd rd pick and snaffled him. Maybe a trade with Brisbane for pick 18 and 30 or GWS 19 and 25. Maybe WCE at 20 and 22. Rich 17 and 37.
If King and Smith are gone, I'd happily take Bailey Williams at 12.

If he makes it past the early - mid second I reckon we should package 50/51 which will both be mid 40's for a pick in the thirties and a later pick.

If Hately is there maybe Adelaide or port will do a deal such as 12 + 2019 first for 13 + 16.

I do not want to trade our next years first but RCD + Williams would be an outstanding draft IMO

If he makes it past the early - mid second I reckon we should package 50/51 which will both be mid 40's for a pick in the thirties and a later pick.

If Hately is there maybe Adelaide or port will do a deal such as 12 + 2019 first for 13 + 16.

I do not want to trade our next years first but RCD + Williams would be an outstanding draft IMO

Fanciful. We’re not getting two picks in return for two picks in the 40s, the other club has nothing to gain from that, they’d be losing draft points and moving down the order.

The only way we improve our draft position this year is by trading future picks.

Hately, RCD or Williams would all be great inclusions to the list.
Williams is a better bet than Ben King imo.

Not suggesting that we use pick 12 but Bailey Williams highlights do actually look awesome. Moves bloody well for a 200cm player. Seems to just read the flight of the ball well in to the bargain

Be very happy if we somehow got a 2nd rd pick and snaffled him. Maybe a trade with Brisbane for pick 18 and 30 or GWS 19 and 25. Maybe WCE at 20 and 22. Rich 17 and 37.

The west coast football community would go
Into a meltdown if we did this after the kelly stuff.

Doubtful, but we will get back into the 1st round with Kelly leaving anyway. Would prefer the 2 1st rounders this year in a strong top end to the draft.

It’s very strong the top ten then it evens out quite a bit. We probably are better trading 12 for two second rounders but I doubt any of the clubs would do that knowing the strength of the draft will be similar with the available player at 12

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rather move him on.tbh.
Why
Mids of Danger, Ablett, Selwood, Duncan, Menegola, Kelly, Parfitt, Cockatoo looks like a pretty solid team to be honest
All we need to do is get our forward line operating and we're in contention
Can Hawkins, Ratagolea, Dahlhaus, Rohan, Parfitt, Fogarty, Danger, Ablett, Narkle hold up and make us a dangerous team in 19
Time will tell
Love Kelly to stay for another 5 years tbh

Why
Mids of Danger, Ablett, Selwood, Duncan, Menegola, Kelly, Parfitt, Cockatoo looks like a pretty solid team to be honest
Can Hawkins, Ratagolea, Dahlhaus, Rohan, Parfitt, Fogarty, Danger, Ablett, Narkle hold up and make us a dangerous team in 19
Time will tell

TK is also our only elite-level MID under 25yrs.

http://www.krockfootball.com.au/geelong-cats-news/cats-toes-new-look-draft/

“Contingencies where we might improve our position in the draft, or where we have to consider options that might improve our position in next year’s draft but go backwards in this year’s draft,” he said.

“We’re coming up with our own contingencies, and I’m sure other clubs have got theirs as well, and maybe they’ll cross over somewhere.”

“At the moment it’s four picks at the National Draft and three rookies,” Wells said.

“But we have the flexibility to be five (national) and two (rookies), or even six and one if we so desire.

“From the drafts, we’ll have seven new players, and we’ll look at our Category B options as well.”

Why
Time will tell

Because if l could get Hately or RCD, then Williams and Ely Smith in the same draft l would do it in a heart beat for Kelly.
The guy doesn't want to stay in Geelong anyway.
The quicker we get over Kelly the better for us imo and there's others that would relish the opportunity if he left.

Because if l could get Hately or RCD, then Williams and Ely Smith in the same draft l would do it in a heart beat for Kelly.
The guy doesn't want to stay in Geelong anyway.
The quicker we get over Kelly the better for us imo and there's others that would relish the opportunity if he left.
He is our second best and fairest. He is a Geelong player for this year at the very least, so we need to back him 100%. Looking forward to his exciting footy again this year. Hately, RCD, Williams, Ely Smith are not and until they are I have nothing to say about them. Particularly in relation to one of our own.
If any of them become Cats players I'll give them the respect they are due.
Don't get me wrong, I have ok feel about all of those guys at different levels
Not sure which of RCD or Hately will grow into good AFL players. A lot of factors to be considered for each
Williams could become a handy big forward (if he improves his kicking). I don't want another KK
Ely I think will grow into a half decent footballer
Kelly is a star
No more to say on that for now

He is our second best and fairest. He is a Geelong player for this year at the very least, so we need to back him 100%. Looking forward to his exciting footy again this year. Hately, RCD, Williams, Ely Smith are not and until they are I have nothing to say about them. Particularly in relation to one of our own.
If any of them become Cats players I'll give them the respect they are due.
Don't get me wrong, I have ok feel about all of those guys at different levels
Not sure which of RCD or Hately will grow into good AFL players. A lot of factors to be considered for each
Williams could become a handy big forward (if he improves his kicking). I don't want another KK
Ely I think will grow into a half decent footballer
Kelly is a star
No more to say on that for now

Well you can't have him it's as simple as that.
Next year he's gone so why back him he wanted out this year.
There were quite a few who had more disposals than TK, Menegola, Duncan, Selwood, Ablett, Dangerfield, 2E would've been close as well.
Yes he's good but not that great yet and will his heart be in it 100%?
Only elite in 25yrs is an insult to some seriously good players.
Plenty on here want more opportunities for Parfitt and Narkle and more responsibility back on Duncan would be a good thing.
I would rather improve our quality of youth than facilitate his football career

Last edited:
Why
Time will tell

He doesn't want to be here and will be gone at the end of next year, people cant seem to grasp that....he is not going to sign on next year no matter how much you pray. Im not saying we should have definitely traded him but it would have put us in a nice position come draft night to boost our future with talent.

He doesn't want to be here and will be gone at the end of next year, people cant seem to grasp that....he is not going to sign on next year. Im not saying we should have definitely traded him but it would have put us in a nice position come draft night to boost our future with talent.

I think it would be stupid to not sign on with Geelong even for a few years, if he was to get injured this year that would be it for him IMO

Sign on, has the risk taken away, geelong still have power with the trade and can then work put a trade from there

I think it would be stupid to not sign on with Geelong even for a few years, if he was to get injured this year that would be it for him IMO

Sign on, has the risk taken away, geelong still have power with the trade and can then work put a trade from there

Not his decision unfortunately, the missus is calling all the shots and she's going no matter what, thought that was pretty clear by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back